Can't buy zen? GRRR!

Options
touchitoops
touchitoops Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Cash Shop Huddle
So, lately I got a gift card. It is a Debit MasterCard Gift Card with 50$ on it and registered online.

Yesterday I tried buying Zen with my MasterCard but it didn't work. I got this message: "We were unable to deduct 50.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
To continue with this payment we advise that you try again using a different credit/debit card or payment method."

I tried again not 15 minutes later figuring the card needed some time before it was actually activated. When I did this I got a different message:
"You can not use your credit/debit card for the next 24 hours. This restriction cannot be lifted manually by you or our service team. Please return to the website of the Merchant where you will receive further instructions."

I tried again just now, making sure it was after the 24 hour time period, and got the first message again.

Am I doing something wrong? Was there something I missed between the lines? I've checked over all of my personal information filled out at least 10 times over. All of it matches the information I registered on the card.

annnnd I just tried to use my prepaid visa (other card, same deal) and it said transaction failed and gave me the first message again.

now i'm getting the can't buy for 24 hours message again.

if this is because of moneybookers, is there some way i can get around these people? like seriously?b:angry
Post edited by touchitoops on

Comments

• shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    So, lately I got a gift card. It is a Debit MasterCard Gift Card with 50$ on it and registered online.

Yesterday I tried buying Zen with my MasterCard but it didn't work. I got this message: "We were unable to deduct 50.00 USD from your credit/debit card because the transaction was declined by your card issuing bank.
    To continue with this payment we advise that you try again using a different credit/debit card or payment method."

I tried again not 15 minutes later figuring the card needed some time before it was actually activated. When I did this I got a different message:
    "You can not use your credit/debit card for the next 24 hours. This restriction cannot be lifted manually by you or our service team. Please return to the website of the Merchant where you will receive further instructions."

I tried again just now, making sure it was after the 24 hour time period, and got the first message again.

Am I doing something wrong? Was there something I missed between the lines? I've checked over all of my personal information filled out at least 10 times over. All of it matches the information I registered on the card.

annnnd I just tried to use my prepaid visa (other card, same deal) and it said transaction failed and gave me the first message again.

now i'm getting the can't buy for 24 hours message again.

if this is because of moneybookers, is there some way i can get around these people? like seriously?b:angry

These cards are accepted and are used through any of our credit card payment methods as they are considered prepaid credit cards. Do note that any purchase attempted will "ding" the card to check the available funds which is usually a $1 charge. That charge is always refunded to the card but will not be available at the time of purchase so be sure you have at least $1 more on the card than the amount you wish to purchase through our website.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • touchitoops
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well i did try to buy 20$ worth of zen as well and had the same issues occurring, so i don't think that's the problem.
  • shnuggles
    shnuggles Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    well i did try to buy 20$ worth of zen as well and had the same issues occurring, so i don't think that's the problem.

Your best bet is to contact the customer service number on the back of the card and ask the card issuer what the issue may be. Sometimes those require a specific activation to be used for online purchasing (though many are automatic, worth a shot). If the card issuer tells you everything is fine with the card and it should work, we advise that you then contact Moneybookers directly to see what in their systems is blocking you from purchasing. We do know that these cards work and will work with Moneybookers, we just need to find out what the issue is with your card ;).
    -Your friendly neighborhood Shnuggs-
    [PWE Billing]
    Perfect World Entertainment Customer Support System

"Any man worth his salt will stick up for what he believes right, but it takes a slightly better man to acknowledge instantly and without reservation that he is in error."
    -Andrew Jackson

Shnuggles [Shh-nugg-ulls]
    -proper noun
    1. He who turns negativity into giddiness.
    2. Has an IRL cat that plays fetch b:victory
  • touchitoops
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Figured It All Out - Moneybookers Sucks, Paypal Is Awesome :)))))))))
  • Weta - Dreamweaver
    Weta - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well i bought a bunch of prepaid pw cards and cannot use them;

so i called support and they told me there was a glitch in the prepaid card section when buying zen.
    if this is true why have i not read it anywhere on forums,

Just another irritant to provoke me to leave the game

can anyone tell me if this is indeed the case ?
  • madrith
    madrith Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    OMG DITTO! I recently Graduated and for a gift our family friends game me an AMEX $50.00 prepaid Gift Card to use on whatever my little mind lays its eyes on b:victory. In this situation, its zen. I am getting the exact same problem as you are and am EXTREMELY frustrated!!! b:angry.PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT b:cry b:sad
  • duradura1234
    duradura1234 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    i cant even use my debit card, i have plenty of money in there but it just keeps saying error messages and go back to merchant. does the same thing on my gf's account...
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Don't NECRO ! Submit a Ticket or get in touch with Zen & Billing Help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.