Glitching/LA Questions

Options
reylie
reylie Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Blademaster
(I tried searching for both of these, came up with nothing)

What do people mean when they are "fire glitching"?

Also, why is getting LA adorns as compared to evasion adorns so scorned upon? I'd rather have the pdef in PvE (or am I missing something).

Thanks in advance for any answers.
Post edited by reylie on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    reylie wrote: »
    What do people mean when they are "fire glitching"?

Due to a bug in the game, if you switch to a non-fist weapon during the channeling of Drake's Breath Bash you will receive the fire buff without using any sparks or putting the skill into cooldown. People abuse this bug to increase their damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Nael - Dreamweaver
    Nael - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Also, why is getting LA adorns as compared to evasion adorns so scorned upon? I'd rather have the pdef in PvE (or am I missing something).

Erm, when people say LA orns they generally mean TT99 evasion ornaments.
    Physical ornaments would be referred to as Pdef ornaments (or HA ornaments for TT99), and magic ornaments would be referred to as Mdef ornaments (or AA ornaments for TT99).
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

If you mean why get 2x LA (orns) and 2x HA (wrist/boots) it's because people want an extra -.05 interval. Except it should be the other way round, and with a HA chest keeping necklace clear.
  • reylie
    reylie Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I mean why do people get the Ashura's Neck/Belt (refines for evasion) instead of the Lionheart version? X_X
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I mean why do people get the Ashura's Neck/Belt (refines for evasion) instead of the Lionheart version? X_X

They only use LA orns for the -.05 interval. There is no need to use Lionheart orns for -.05 if you already have lionheart body armor that has already given you a -.05 boost. Usually, any bm who uses evasion orns or physical def orns are kinda fail. Except rank 9 belt and lionheart belt. Those are exceptional.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    They only use LA orns for the -.05 interval. There is no need to use Lionheart orns for -.05 if you already have lionheart body armor that has already given you a -.05 boost. Usually, any bm who uses evasion orns or physical def orns are kinda fail. Except rank 9 belt and lionheart belt. Those are exceptional.

*looks at your siggie*

may wanna edit your post there
    Gifs are hard to make work here