New seeker that has some questions please :D

Galliteya - Raging Tide
Galliteya - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Seeker
Hello all havn't posted in some time but I figured it's time to start playing again. I chose seeker over the mystic as I love melee. What I would like to know after viewing the guide I've been told so many different ways of building the seeker. Some prefer vit over str to help off tank and some prefer straight damage.

The way I want to play my seeker is I will want to do ff runs ect. But I'm not sure which way to go. Some told me to put 7str 2dex 1vit every 2 levels. Other's said 5str 2dex 3vit every 2 so I'm kind of confused. Also the guide that lists the skills of which are popular and which aren't needed to be worried about..is it accurate?

One last question if I may...what skills did you all pick with your seeker. I'm wanting to be able to solo and grind well and I have plenty of apoc ingredients to make stuff that will help him. I'm just asking those experienced what is best. I appreciate any feedback or suggestions. Thanks so much. b:pleased b:victory
Post edited by Galliteya - Raging Tide on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    where are you getting the 2 dex per 2 levels? that should be 3, for gear requirements, along with 5 str.

what to do with the remaining point per level is debatable. on my now-level-40 seeker, i put them in vit until i hit 30 vit total, then capped that and went to a 6/4 str/dex build for DDing. others go to 50 vit, or never stat any vit and go 6/4 like BMs do, or put them into str for higher damage, building 7/3. it depends on how much you value HP over damage.

planning to do a lot of tanking and pulling, where you'll have aggro and take hits? might want to stat some vit, unless you mean to refine your armor highly and get HP from that. planning to be a pure DD and leave the tanking to others? well, you can go all-strength for DPH, or you can stat some extra dex (that's that 6/4 build) for higher crit rates and fewer misses. me, i push dex because i usually play casters and so i've come to hate missing. there's no single easy answer, though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • ChloeAgave - Archosaur
    ChloeAgave - Archosaur Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, for one, whoever told you 7 Str, 2 Dex, and 1 Vit every 2 levels is an idiot. Swords require 1.5 Dex every level to keep up with requirements, so you would not be able to use swords of your level.

For builds, it really depends on how useful you want to be in a squad really. If you want to be a plain DD, go with 7 Str 3 Dex to maximize your damage. If you want to be able to do tanking (and pulling in FC) you should go with 5 Str, 3 Dex, 2 Vit (I capped my Vit at 50 though and capped Dex at 155).

For skills, I would recommend you follow the this guide. The other guides so far have been laughable, including the stickied one, which I remember saying on another character should not have been stickied, but that is in the past. Anyways, most people will tell you put your stances before the skills, which I agree with except for Parchbladed. Honestly, it's chance of putting the effect on is so low that until it gets maxed, it is not very good to use except in combination with another Seeker, having the buff on and putting up Vortex so the other Seeker can stun when able.

The skills I prioritized were Adrenal Numbness, Staggering Strike, Batousai, Norther Sky Waltz, and Vortex. The rest I leveled when I had the spirit and/or money to spare for it.

Tips for when you start AoE grinding with Vortex:

1. Just as you put it up, throw a pot on, it will help keep it up a little longer until you can get to the point where you can hold it with Herb Yuanxiao or a charm.

2. Take off your weapon to build chi. Go to a single mob, attack it unarmed as you will attack at 1.25 APS.

3. Have Unfetter maxed by the time you start AoE grinding. There is nothing more annoying than having mobs reset because you were not able to run fast enough and gather as many as you want.

4. If you start AoE grinding right at 59, don't try to go above your level on mobs like some Blademasters do. Go to Dragon's End, there are some mobs (north of where Kashu is), all Feligar and are close enough together that you can usually get about 8-12 mobs in each pull. They drop fairly decently even into the mid 6x levels.

5. While you level your Seeker, level either a Cleric or Assassin (or both) on a second account. There is nothing better than having Cleric buffs and/or Bloodpaint when AoE grinding. And due to the change in multi-clienting policy, you can have two characters going at the same time.
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi there. Am also have a seeker.. I have choosen 5str 3dex 2vit in every 2 level's... Sometimes come to think of it am kind a weak b:chuckle I started to play around 3 weeks ago
    going around getting confused a lot actually... Maybe cause i choosen wrong gear or sword armor etc. And i dunn get the skill's i have to take. I usually take Staggering Strike, Batousai, Norther Sky Waltz am i doing right???

Tried to do FB29 alone few time's died everytime lol b:chuckleb:chuckle i suk just tell me what to do tnx peace!
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Well, for one, whoever told you 7 Str, 2 Dex, and 1 Vit every 2 levels is an idiot. Swords require 1.5 Dex every level to keep up with requirements, so you would not be able to use swords of your level.

For builds, it really depends on how useful you want to be in a squad really. If you want to be a plain DD, go with 7 Str 3 Dex to maximize your damage. If you want to be able to do tanking (and pulling in FC) you should go with 5 Str, 3 Dex, 2 Vit (I capped my Vit at 50 though and capped Dex at 155).

For skills, I would recommend you follow the this guide. The other guides so far have been laughable, including the stickied one, which I remember saying on another character should not have been stickied, but that is in the past. Anyways, most people will tell you put your stances before the skills, which I agree with except for Parchbladed. Honestly, it's chance of putting the effect on is so low that until it gets maxed, it is not very good to use except in combination with another Seeker, having the buff on and putting up Vortex so the other Seeker can stun when able.

The skills I prioritized were Adrenal Numbness, Staggering Strike, Batousai, Norther Sky Waltz, and Vortex. The rest I leveled when I had the spirit and/or money to spare for it.

Tips for when you start AoE grinding with Vortex:

1. Just as you put it up, throw a pot on, it will help keep it up a little longer until you can get to the point where you can hold it with Herb Yuanxiao or a charm.

2. Take off your weapon to build chi. Go to a single mob, attack it unarmed as you will attack at 1.25 APS.

3. Have Unfetter maxed by the time you start AoE grinding. There is nothing more annoying than having mobs reset because you were not able to run fast enough and gather as many as you want.

4. If you start AoE grinding right at 59, don't try to go above your level on mobs like some Blademasters do. Go to Dragon's End, there are some mobs (north of where Kashu is), all Feligar and are close enough together that you can usually get about 8-12 mobs in each pull. They drop fairly decently even into the mid 6x levels.

5. While you level your Seeker, level either a Cleric or Assassin (or both) on a second account. There is nothing better than having Cleric buffs and/or Bloodpaint when AoE grinding. And due to the change in multi-clienting policy, you can have two characters going at the same time.

Nice guide. : / Shame i cant multicleint. anymore my client crashes when there is 2.. i dont why. They are both windowed. So my question is if you dont have bloodpaint is grinding still worth it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nice guide. : / Shame i cant multicleint. anymore my client crashes when there is 2.. i dont why. They are both windowed. So my question is if you dont have bloodpaint is grinding still worth it?

It can be worth it if you grind in a place where you can get a huge amount of mobs (I usually grind map 3 sometimes, but i think that's out of your range right now b:surrender), so that their drops are greater than the number of resources used to kill them. I usually use drop pots to keep my hp up, herbs to keep up vortex, and genie to assist with heals/instant spark (with cloud eruption). Try some areas out and find out what gives you difficulties. I don't think you necessarily "need" bp to grind, but having it is nice.

If you really want bloodpaint, why not ask an assassin faction member or friend to buff you? If you reallllly realllly want it, world chat for a sin to come buff you b:chuckle. There are so many sins on our server..... b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi there. Am also have a seeker.. I have choosen *5str 3dex 2vit in every 2 level's... Sometimes come to think of it am kind a weak b:chuckle I started to play around 3 weeks ago
    going around getting confused a lot actually... Maybe cause i choosen **wrong gear or sword armor etc. And ***i dunn get the skill's i have to take. I usually take Staggering Strike, Batousai, Norther Sky Waltz am i doing right???

****Tried to do FB29 alone few time's died everytime lol b:chuckleb:chuckle i suk just tell me what to do tnx peace!

*The 5/3/2 build is a nice build to get started on, but you're probably going to want to stop putting points into vitality after a while (people usually stop around 30-50) And do either a 7str 3dex or 6str 4dex afterward.

**Basically your gear should just consist of the best Heavy Armor you can find (at your level, that would be the rank 1 armor most likely). As for swords/blades, I believe the NPC weapons start getting better than your level 20 supply stash sword/"fb19" sword around level 34. Try checking the Auction House to see if there are any nice weapons for relatively cheap. If not, just go buy an NPC dual-blade or something.

***For skills that you should level, you should check out the stickied guide at the top of our forum.

****And you probably won't be able to do FB29 alone for quite some time. I can complete the instance, but only if I have a cleric healing me. And if you don't have a charm or some nice HP potions, the boss at the end will likely kill you before you kill him. If you need FB29, it's better to get a higher level to solo it, or find a Bounty Hunter squad (they would be level 40-50) that needs it anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    It can be worth it if you grind in a place where you can get a huge amount of mobs (I usually grind map 3 sometimes, but i think that's out of your range right now b:surrender), so that their drops are greater than the number of resources used to kill them. I usually use drop pots to keep my hp up, herbs to keep up vortex, and genie to assist with heals/instant spark (with cloud eruption). Try some areas out and find out what gives you difficulties. I don't think you necessarily "need" bp to grind, but having it is nice.

If you really want bloodpaint, why not ask an assassin faction member or friend to buff you? If you reallllly realllly want it, world chat for a sin to come buff you b:chuckle. There are so many sins on our server..... b:faint

Whats best to kill? yellow monsters or white monsters. So basically monster within 2 levels higher and lower, or monsters within 5 levels higher and lower?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blaydewind - Raging Tide
    Blaydewind - Raging Tide Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Whats best to kill? yellow monsters or white monsters. So basically monster within 2 levels higher and lower, or monsters within 5 levels higher and lower?

If I remember correctly, usually mobs within 2 levels yield the best drop rate for items (the lvl 150 mobs in map 3 are one exception). If it's hard to find melee mobs within 2 levels of your own, the next best thing is to grind melee mobs that you can AoE kill consistently and efficiently.

I've been meaning to put a list of grind mobs in my guide, but I haven't had time to do the research to recall my past experiences, so I've been mostly updating off-hand information. I did do a lot of AoE grinding on my BM (starting level 80+) when he was my only char, so I'll be basing that info off of my experience with him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    If I remember correctly, usually mobs within 2 levels yield the best drop rate for items (the lvl 150 mobs in map 3 are one exception). If it's hard to find melee mobs within 2 levels of your own, the next best thing is to grind melee mobs that you can AoE kill consistently and efficiently.

I've been meaning to put a list of grind mobs in my guide, but I haven't had time to do the research to recall my past experiences, so I've been mostly updating off-hand information. I did do a lot of AoE grinding on my BM (starting level 80+) when he was my only char, so I'll be basing that info off of my experience with him.

Cool look forwards to it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nandii - Sanctuary
    Nandii - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *The 5/3/2 build is a nice build to get started on, but you're probably going to want to stop putting points into vitality after a while (people usually stop around 30-50) And do either a 7str 3dex or 6str 4dex afterward.

**Basically your gear should just consist of the best Heavy Armor you can find (at your level, that would be the rank 1 armor most likely). As for swords/blades, I believe the NPC weapons start getting better than your level 20 supply stash sword/"fb19" sword around level 34. Try checking the Auction House to see if there are any nice weapons for relatively cheap. If not, just go buy an NPC dual-blade or something.

***For skills that you should level, you should check out the stickied guide at the top of our forum.

****And you probably won't be able to do FB29 alone for quite some time. I can complete the instance, but only if I have a cleric healing me. And if you don't have a charm or some nice HP potions, the boss at the end will likely kill you before you kill him. If you need FB29, it's better to get a higher level to solo it, or find a Bounty Hunter squad (they would be level 40-50) that needs it anyway.

Thank you for the help and support... Am at lvl 37 right now... About the skills dang i didn't get the Adrenal Numbness darn it lolb:chuckleb:chuckle Yeah about gear and sword etc am trying to find most decent and cheap one's there So wish me luck on Holiday's My goal is to reach 50 lol b:thanksb:angryb:angry