primevils on endgame weap?

Options
Lenestro - Sanctuary
Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Wizard
i was bored thinkin about classes and i started thinkin about sharding. now a lil extra phys attack is good for a high aps class because that little bit is applied over and over and over again, but is the shard damage beneficial to a wiz? i would never EVER be able to aford 2 icebournes, but would 2 saph gems be better than having two crit stones?
Post edited by Lenestro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    sharding citrine to wep would make u honestly look really really really really stupid
    an iceborne is like the cost of 1-2 garnet gems,
    sharding saph gems is very good and only like 1/2 or 1/3rd the cost of a citrine
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The damage you get from sapphire shards get multiplies with mag, with mastery and is part of your base magic damage as well as your weapon damage. If you take a skill like BIDS that adds Base Magic Attack + 500% of weapon attack then you can see that it's not just 75 more damage. Taking the R8 sword as an example: Two gems give you 150 extra damage. Refining it to +5 gives you 148 extra damage. Do you consider a +5 refine worth it?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    yeah +5 is very worth it, I guess i just didnt know how the damage increase worked and was wondering if it would be better to have 2 extra crits, thanks for clearin it up!
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    depends on your focus in game an weapon refine, past a certain point its all player preferance

that said for pve (lol) saph > anything else for a wizz
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anyone ever consider if sharding a r8 wep with 2 -chan stones to be a good idea? You could easily get around -35% chan with your standard wiz gear if you did that.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i had the -channel stones in my r8 and imo it was a bad idea. saph gems are way cheaper and give you a better boost. i could understand using hte savants if it would get you over like 80% sparked, but in pwi it just isnt worth it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    anyone ever consider if sharding a r8 wep with 2 -chan stones to be a good idea? You could easily get around -35% chan with your standard wiz gear if you did that.

unless it would boost you to 70% base chan on an obscure demon wizz chan build i would say no
    Gifs are hard to make work here
This discussion has been closed.