http://imageshack.us/f/651/comicfp.jpg

Posting this in 20 places now I think.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's funny, but there were some grammatical errors and it looks kind of..Jumbled, I guess. That's just my opinion though, so it may look fine to everyone else. b:chuckle

Ohh no, grammatical errors, sorry it seems i must afine my english
    but it seems that u can understand it :D

ty for u opinion hun b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ryunova - Heavens Tear
    Ryunova - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

HAHAHAHA!!!! That's a really good one xD
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hence why I'm raising such a fuss; I want to win >.>;

You may pick two.
  • Lyonna_S - Sanctuary
    Lyonna_S - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hmm.. so will PWi announce the deadline on News? I'm kinda having trouble with forums, somehow always load a white screen after the forum page loaded, have to stop the loading before its white-screened to read forum.

thanks anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

O_O pm me on game or whateva u know u can talk to me if u need me for something...just dont yell/command/mock me everything will be ok
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hopefully while they are doing maintenance on jones etc they will fix the uploader too! b:pleased

Added Later: It looks like it may have worked for me? I am not certain. Try submitting your work. :)

Also how long does it usually take for something we submitted to appear in the fan art section?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey all, the uploader is back online, so please feel free to submit your entries!

The contest's new deadline is one week from today - Friday the 10th at 6pm PDT!

And to answer the question above me, after you submit your entry it has to be manually audited and uploaded to the site, so it can take a couple days. This auditing method is also used as the first round of judging, so please keep that in mind, and if you don't see your submission by next friday, it's possible that it didn't make the first cut. You can go ahead and PM me to make sure.

Good luck all!
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    Eris - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Submitted buahahah >:D
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Submitted twice because the first time I accidently uploaded it to "Screenshots", gwahahaha.

You may pick two.
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ummm. Hopefully that submitted. When I tried to upload from firefox all it said was Upload Failed every time. So I got it to upload from Internet Explorer but I really don't trust your uploading tool anymore. >_>
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You know, I kinda want a soaring token more than a chrono bike ;o I mean why not? >.> sorry, I just want my Pegasus so BAD.
  • Ryunova - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gah my comic isn't readable on the website =( I hope it was readable when I submitted it - supposed to be. Was it? >_<
  • frankieraye
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gah my comic isn't readable on the website =( I hope it was readable when I submitted it - supposed to be. Was it? >_<

Yeah, I noticed that some of these comics had fonts that were incredibly small - some too small to even be able to make out the letters. Not sure why they are being uploaded like this, but if you think you can modify it in some way so that the font appears better, please re-submit.
  • Ryunova - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yeah, I noticed that some of these comics had fonts that were incredibly small - some too small to even be able to make out the letters. Not sure why they are being uploaded like this, but if you think you can modify it in some way so that the font appears better, please re-submit.

Thing is on the original image it's completely readable. I'm currently in the middle of my college exams so earliest that I'll be able to reedit and resubmit is the 9th (GMT +1). I hope I make it lol - to be honest I just had a lot of fun doing it and it was an opportunity to pull a lot of the faction together. The comic competition was a really awesome idea b:victory
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Is there a size limit for comics? Mine hasn't gone through yet and I'm kind of worried, and debating on if I need to break my comic up into smaller pages.

You may pick two.
  • kovlad
    kovlad Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I uploaded my comic, but I haven't seen it in Fan Art's section.

Who is doing this audit, and who responsible for uploading those comics to the site manually ?
    I can't believe, that only several pictures were loaded (I counted many more, than appeared in this Fan Art's section).
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Frankie, for the most part only 15 new entries since the fanart submission page was taken down have been audited. They have not been auditing them every day at all. I know, because I have checked four times a day every single day since they went back up. I know for a fact that more people submitted than this. Also most of the entries showing are ones people said that it worked for them and had already successfully submitted theirs before the last contest deadline. Is there any word on whether or not those who submitted their entry before the NEW deadline have all been uploaded if they made the cut. At this point, even if my entry doesn't make the cut, I would like to know it was at least looked at before the deadline. Especially since there are so many formatting errors with the uploader's entries. (it's not the file itself, or it wouldn't display correctly on photo bucket or deviant art either.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Eris - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    And to answer the question above me, after you submit your entry it has to be manually audited and uploaded to the site, so it can take a couple days. This auditing method is also used as the first round of judging, so please keep that in mind, and if you don't see your submission by next friday, it's possible that it didn't make the first cut. You can go ahead and PM me to make sure.
    Good luck all!

I think that explains why some are not showing up. As for the other ones who are not showing, they should try to re-upload. I am sure they have been looked at though.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think that explains why some are not showing up. As for the other ones who are not showing, they should try to re-upload. I am sure they have been looked at though.

Thing is though they've done like 2 updates to the fan content since the uploader came back online and some of those were submissions that managed to be squeezed in way before the original deadline. There should be a few more entries, based off of what was available for the forums.

I am wondering...
    I upload my comic like 2 days after the contest was announced and the upload was succesfully, but is not in the fan art, i know GMs must check it and all that, but same thing happen with easter egg contest (my egg ins't in fan art til today), so my question is: GMs take as entries only what is on fan art or they ckeck all works?, if i not see my comic in fan art i must assume that i didnt enter the contest or i still can win?

For example, the easter egg contest was in April but her entry wasn't actually looked at until May. They obviously actually liked it and it made it past the audit, but it wasn't shown until May. So that's why I'm wondering where the rest of the pictures are, because there should be others. Even if some they don't make the cut. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Ryunova - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm currently in the middle of my college exams so earliest that I'll be able to reedit and resubmit is the 9th (GMT +1). I hope I make it lol

Seems like I won't have time to edit etc. but for you who want to see what my comic says, click here =)http://files1.guildlaunch.net/guild/library/gallery/106308/comic4111.jpg

(lol @ me quoting myself)
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

That happened on my comic as well, the font is still legible but quite small. And to be honest, I'm not sure how to fix it. I tried to make the entire image well sized so it wouldn't stretch pages which means my frames are relatively compact, to resize the font to a larger scale I would have to make all of the frames larger and if the uploader is shrinking my image, it doesn't seem like that would help.

Why is it doing this anyway? I'm going to be irritated if I get disqualified because someone can't read it because the uploader is screwed up. Again. I know this isn't your fault, or probably anyone's in particular, but if the uploader is so messed up why are we still using it instead of emailing in entries?
  • douknowjello
    douknowjello Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I uploaded mine already and it isn't showing yet either. This 'prescreening' thing is upsetting to me because my friend and I put ALOT of hours and hard work into ours and just want it to be seen. That's more important that winning at this point, is the sharing. So HERE in case they don't post ours and I plan on posting in the other section also if it will let me

http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/7008/finalcomic.jpg
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hence why I'm raising such a fuss; I want to win >.>;

I want you to win too! Yours is my favorite one I've read so far. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Aww, thanks you :3

I won't be too upset if I don't win, though. There are a good number of really good entries that have gone in so far that showcase really good artistic ability; so good luck to them too!

--Edit--

Hurray, it's up!!! \o/

I had to break it into smaller pieces though, which kind of sucks. I feel that it loses some of the effect when you have to read it in seperate pieces, but at least it's in the competition now ^-^

You may pick two.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Will you make sure they approve and audit everyone's work? There are some that have clearly been accepted and made it past the first round and are broken into smaller pieces but only a portion of their entry is being displayed eg Demon of Fog. That tailor comic that was five pages also took a long time for it to be complete. What's going on?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Crescy - Dreamweaver
    Crescy - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ehhh.... all this is too confusing.... and I don't think the words are big enough to read after I compressed it... so... I'll just post a dA link here (again):

http://crescy.deviantart.com/art/PWI-Comic-Contest-212218479
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Ehhh.... all this is too confusing.... and I don't think the words are big enough to read after I compressed it... so... I'll just post a dA link here (again):

http://crescy.deviantart.com/art/PWI-Comic-Contest-212218479

Yup, is a little hard to read, but is pretty funny b:laugh

''The players will never notice'' xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear
    JinseiMegami - Heavens Tear Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hey all, the uploader is back online, so please feel free to submit your entries!

The contest's new deadline is one week from today - Friday the 10th at 6pm PDT!

Good luck all!

This sucks so bad ! I was in America on a holiday b:cry Stil uploaded it tho...
    so unfair...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Characters on Heaven's Tear:
    Lvl 100 Cleric: JinseiMegami
    Lvl 093 Mystic: MimiMegami
    Lvl 091 Archer: JinseiChan
    Lvl 087 Assassin: NanashiChan
    Lvl 071 Barbarian: SenshuSan
    ~Last updated on June 13th 2012~
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    http://imageshack.us/f/651/comicfp.jpg

Posting this in 20 places now I think.

OMG I LOVE IT XD /caps b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frankieraye
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thanks for your submissions everyone; we'll announce winners by the end of this month/beginning of next month.
This discussion has been closed.