Gold prices high? Don't worry!

Comments

• Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I am thinking that as the game ages, people will quit spending real money on it so much an so gold will become way more valueable than coin. With all the merchanters everything in this game is highly inflated already. Think i have only spent four thousand dolllars on this one, but it is hard ot justify spending any more no matter what. At the present direction the game is headed you would have to give me an extremely high amount of coin for me to give you a gold which took real money to buy. Happy farming days coming..
  • Hellies - Harshlands
    Hellies - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Problem with gold being that high is directly related to pack prices being that low. With packs at 1 gold each, gold prices were at 400-500k. With packs at 40 silver each gold prices have to raise to 1.1, 1.2m.

There is no easy way to turn this back really. If they up pack price with current state of game economy (and actually with what the game can currently offer) tokens will raise over 20k.

It would actually be much better if this game had a $10/$15 monthly fee and no packs/dragon orbs/rep available to buy with RL money. At least no one would be overpowered with +12 r9 gear playing in God mode. Right now if you charge zen for $10/$15 per month gl in getting r9 +12 soon :)
  • nakhtuul
    nakhtuul Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ...Because Xarfox, our friendly GM who has stated this before, is presently monitoring gold prices. Don't fret guys and gals, it's going to be okay! I have high hopes we will get a "coin sink" w/ Jolly Jones soon, and ALL our in-game economy issues w/ gold being high, will be instantly fixed.

Thanks to the amazing staff at PWE. You guys are seriously the best staff I think I've ever seen. *Wants your autographs*b:victory

Rob "Likes" this post.

Perfect World International Alumni
    Closed Beta 2008 - Present
  • Mraochan - Lost City
    Mraochan - Lost City Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I still would like an answer as to why they removed gold price cap that had been set at 1 mil. They say they are trying to help keep gold prices down? That is not the way to do it.

^ This.
    Setup:

- GM announces (s)he will be selling Black Dye for 500k in catshops for a few days, within a certain rotating time window each day.

- The cat shops will be set up in a non-PK room in Cube of Fate (unsure if such a thing exists on PK servers). There will be a cat-shop in each level window as demanded for the Cube of Fate.

- GM will refill the shop as necessary. GM also reserves the right to force a player to leave the room if a player buys out the shop.

- GM takes the coin and removes it from the system.

Properties:

- GMs have the ability to spawn items on demand.

- Black Dye does not "break the game".

- All of this can be done without any code changes from actual developers.

Implications:

- Interested Non-Cash Shoppers would use their coin to buy the dye; this removes coin from the system.

- Interested Cash Shoppers would sell Gold in order to make coin so they can attend this event. This would lower gold prices. They would then use this coin to buy dye; this removes coin from the system.

- By rotating the time window each day, players from most continents have a chance to attend the event.

- By having the GM in a room in the Cube of Fate, the tide of players wanting to attend this event can be stemmed to a manageable amount.

- All players above a certain level can attend this event. They just have to work for it.

Variations:

- Any consumable item that does not "break the game" could work for this. Guardian Scrolls, Teleport Stones, Extension Stones, etc. The PWI staff has to do research on the appropriate price. This could be as complex as making a fake account and logging into each server to research prices. Or as easy as making a fake account and asking on the forums. Remember, we have precedence of staff making fake accounts.

- If there are still too many players, then we could have more than one GM at this event.

-votes Elena as GM-

b:victory
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The above statements portray an inaccurate representation of PWI history.

Aside from one little incident involving Duke Rose Fashion glitch, gold prices did not reach such exorbitant heights prior to Anniversary Pack sales.

If my memory serves, they were like that until actual stuff was put in the Boutique.

Until that point, gold was pretty stable at 800k. At that point, the gold trading guide was pretty much gibberish. reading it gave a headache. So, it was a mystery to me how it really worked... So I didn't use it much.

Once 'stuff' (mostly fashion that wasn't awful, and actual decent flying mounts) got put in Boutique, gold prices came down. But for a lot of late 2008, early 2009, Gold was 800K. The more 'good stuff' in boutique, the more stable gold got, until packs hit.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If my memory serves, they were like that until actual stuff was put in the Boutique.

Until that point, gold was pretty stable at 800k. At that point, the gold trading guide was pretty much gibberish. reading it gave a headache. So, it was a mystery to me how it really worked... So I didn't use it much.

Once 'stuff' (mostly fashion that wasn't awful, and actual decent flying mounts) got put in Boutique, gold prices came down. But for a lot of late 2008, early 2009, Gold was 800K. The more 'good stuff' in boutique, the more stable gold got, until packs hit.

i dont know which game you played, but the gold price was on ALL servers before annipacks around 200-300-400k...NEVER 800k.

Posts 2008
    A topic I was wondering about for a longer time. Do you think that Gold in-game(which ranges around 130k-140 k in Lost City) would increase or decrease over-time? Post your opinions :)
    On Sanctuary when I looked at it the other day it was around 100.5k for a gold.
    it has gone down to around 120k and keep coming down, for Heavens Tear at least.

Posts 2009
    santuary gold price have been stuck at 120k ever since the money bug incident. do u think the price will ever go back down to 100k?

Posts after AnniPacks 2009
    How much should one gold be worth? there should be a set price on them then we know if we are being scamed or what not.

according to what i get one gold is about 50K. put people sell them for like 300k or more.

And the reason why it went up end 2009, is cause of Anni Packs. The regular price was 300-400-500 tho never above, unless it was just invidual incident to push up the prices higher. the average price was yet always around 300-400 after the annipacks.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    80kish was the original base.
    Then with natural inflation, it rose to around 100k-120k.
    During Jones Events, it rose to around 150k while people were merching GAs.
    With Duke Rose Exploit, it went to 800k+ for the first time but dropped back to ~120kish afterwards.
    During the first battle pet pack sale (lasted an hour) gold rose to almost 200k for the first time.
    Dropped back down and stabilized around 130k-150k for a while after that.
    Then chest of coins came out and with it, complaints about that forcing gold to be 200k minimum.
    After that, prices stuck at around 210k or so until nni packs came out.
    Spiked to 400k from the first wave of anni packs.

... And from there on, we pretty much all know what it's been like.

So what Sarra said about gold prices was completely inaccurate. lol
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    - GM announces (s)he will be selling Black Dye for 500k in catshops for a few days, within a certain rotating time window each day.

- GM will refill the shop as necessary. GM also reserves the right to force a player to leave the room if a player buys out the shop.
    If the intention is to simply remove coins from the system, then the GMs could simply add Black Dye to any NPC for 500k, which would accomplish the same thing and be simpler. Except, of course, that Black Dye sales is part of the real-money income stream of the game, so why would they do that? Might as well put everything in an NPC and then get ready to post the bankruptcy notices explaining why the servers will be shut down soon.

However, if the intention is to have some sort of anti-inflationary event that gives a limited-time discount on items to players, then this would happen instead:

- Player, "ShopA" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopB" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopC" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopD" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopE" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopF" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopG" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopH" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopI" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopJ" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopK" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopL" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopM" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopN" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "ShopO" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.
    - Player, "WarernWolfy" enters the room and buys whatever the permissible limit is.

- Later, player, "WarrenWolfy" sets up a cat-shop selling 16 times whatever the permissible limit was of Black Dye.

My point: people can try to come up with all sorts of elaborate schemes designed to prevent people from making a profit out of something that's supposed to be a price-reducing welfare payment to poor players, but clever players will just figure out ways to subvert the efforts and make a profit anyway. The reality is that prices are set by market demand, not arbitrary rules and moralistic dictates.

For example, look at all the people who think having a Gold price limit of 1 million coins
    would actually limit the price of Gold to 1 million coins. They think a rule will actually somehow be more important than market demand.

But what would stop me from setting up a cat-shop right beside the Auctioneer, offering to buy Easy Rider Packs for 425k? Anybody who sold to me would get 1.18 million coins per Gold. The result would be nobody would be selling Gold in the Auction House, and thus the 2% Auction House fee would no longer be acting as a coin sink and inflation would get worse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If the intention is to simply remove coins from the system, then the GMs could simply add Black Dye to any NPC for 500k, which would accomplish the same thing and be simpler.

The main difference is that my suggestion does not require game code changes. GMs can do what I suggested with existing features.

I already made a suggestion for an NPC to sell items, but I put that in the Suggestion forum.
    Later, player, "WarrenWolfy" sets up a cat-shop selling 16 times whatever the permissible limit was of Black Dye.

My point: people can try to come up with all sorts of elaborate schemes designed to prevent people from making a profit out of something that's supposed to be a price-reducing welfare payment to poor players, but clever players will just figure out ways to subvert the efforts and make a profit anyway. The reality is that prices are set by market demand, not arbitrary rules and moralistic dictates.

The scheme I came up with is a coin sink. The GM takes the coin and takes it out of the system. Regardless of how it affects gold prices or marketing scheme, it does, in some way, remove coin from the system. And it does so without "breaking" game mechanics.

It won't solve the problem high gold prices, but I do think a good coin sink will help a small bit.
    But what would stop me from setting up a cat-shop right beside the Auctioneer, offering to buy Easy Rider Packs for 425k? Anybody who sold to me would get 1.18 million coins per Gold. The result would be nobody would be selling Gold in the Auction House, and thus the 2% Auction House fee would no longer be acting as a coin sink and inflation would get worse.

This is a very valid point. I only hope it does not reach this far. I really don't want to pay over 4.2 billion for 1 gold.
  • Finrah - Sanctuary
    Finrah - Sanctuary Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ...Because Xarfox, our friendly GM who has stated this before, is presently monitoring gold prices. Don't fret guys and gals, it's going to be okay! I have high hopes we will get a "coin sink" w/ Jolly Jones soon, and ALL our in-game economy issues w/ gold being high, will be instantly fixed.

Thanks to the amazing staff at PWE. You guys are seriously the best staff I think I've ever seen. *Wants your autographs*b:victory

Just make sure the prices for BOTH Gold AND prices of items are going to be decreased in price; If gold goes down but prices of items are still so high, its useless. Its very important that prices of items DROP. Or no one would afford anything unless they sell gold x___x

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    who cares about gold prices.... these people you all whine about so much keep your game free and alive. at the core, there is no imbalance, every job has its nice, there are relatively few bugs, and its got a really easy learning curve to get into. you can play casually and not get penalized for it, something PWI succeeded at, and not failed miserably like square enix's latest mmo.

forums are just big whiney babies over inane garbage. ever since its been up its been

1. whinewhine phoenix bleed whinewhine
    2. TW pay whinewhinewhine
    3. packs whinewhinewhine
    4. ranksale whinewhine
    5. assassins whinewhinewhine
    6. 5.0 whinewhinewhine
    7. gold prices whine

cant you people every make jolly threads to discuss things that pertain to the game in a fun way... not every thread has to be ******** you know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Elemental_w - Heavens Tear
    Elemental_w - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:angry I remember a PWI when there wasn't a new Cash Shop sale every week, and it was a better one where people actually worked for their fortune, gears, and overall superiority over other plays.

Now adays, I guess someone can buy their way to rank8 on their Powerlevel'd sin and be called a pro millionare.

I for one, am a definite hater of the packs and other sales that majorly affect the way the game is played.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I really don't want to pay over 4.2 billion for 1 gold.

r9 for $1 b:pleased
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    who cares about gold prices.... these people you all whine about so much keep your game free and alive. at the core, there is no imbalance, every job has its nice, there are relatively few bugs, and its got a really easy learning curve to get into. you can play casually and not get penalized for it, something PWI succeeded at, and not failed miserably like square enix's latest mmo.

forums are just big whiney babies over inane garbage. ever since its been up its been

1. whinewhine phoenix bleed whinewhine
    2. TW pay whinewhinewhine
    3. packs whinewhinewhine
    4. ranksale whinewhine
    5. assassins whinewhinewhine
    6. 5.0 whinewhinewhine
    7. gold prices whine

cant you people every make jolly threads to discuss things that pertain to the game in a fun way... not every thread has to be ******** you know.

I think you missed the point of the thread, by a long shot. Re-read the OP by me. It was sarcasm, merely poking fun at how the GMs often have told the community, that they are working on it, and have the best intentions. This is however, a bold face lie.

Do you ever wonder why people QQ? I do. I've wondered and found many reasons behind all of this:

1.) Nix's we're OP, but in comparison to 5aps/sins, stealth, etc they aren't. Hence why people have moved on to QQing about other things.

2.) TW pay changed to mirages, took legit coin away from non-cashshoppers that relied on coin each week from owning land, to get items such as charms, and pots (for the next TW).

3.) Cashshoppers reap the benefits. While non-cashshoppers get reduced prices on end-game gear, gold directly connected w/ packs being on sale, causes a massive increase in pricing. Thus, a smiley set for 75 silver costs 1.4m.

4.) People who farmed and worked hard (mostly non-cashshoppers), almost had Nirvana weps, that cost them hundreds of millions of coins. Why get Nirvana first stage, when you can get R8 for 60m and have it better, cheaper, and faster? Spit in the communities face, for the hard working people.

5.) 5aps + stealth + highest damage output of all classes. Why wouldn't there be people upset? 'Nuff said.

6.) Again, another huge issue. 5 attacks per second, essentially kills all other classes that can't use claws and be 5aps, for everything but PK. Actually, most people nowadays that have wizzys/psys, etc that aren't just made for PKing, are people from other countries that don't speak/understand English. (From my experiences w/ last 50 wizzys + psys)

7.) How does 1.4m for a smiley set that lasts 6 days 24 hours sound? Probably pretty good, if your a cashshopper who can get it for 75 cents.

All in all... Don't like the QQ? Don't like the fact people are upset at how the staff of PWE as well as PW-CN's developers are controlling this game? Leave. b:bye
    edited May 2012
    I wonder if Xarfox still monitors our gold prices. :)
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wonder if Xarfox still monitors our gold prices. :)

You bumped this pile of **** thread, just to post that?

You need to jump off a building, a tall, tall building.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2012

Yes. Can there be water at the bottom of said tall building? b:surprised
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012

What color is this building as well?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Plus one.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    QQ I want attention so let's trash talk PWI some more QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    year old thread ._.
    edited May 2012
    QQ I want attention so let's trash talk PWI some more QQ

There's only room for one of us! b:quiet
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well it's good to see that some things never change.

Anyway, +1 I guess b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Haha, plusone!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • MrBeBo - Heavens Tear
    MrBeBo - Heavens Tear Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:angry I remember a PWI when there wasn't a new Cash Shop sale every week, and it was a better one where people actually worked for their fortune, gears, and overall superiority over other plays.

Now adays, I guess someone can buy their way to rank8 on their Powerlevel'd sin and be called a pro millionare.

I for one, am a definite hater of the packs and other sales that majorly affect the way the game is played.

So many contradictions here for you Ele... You stole a Love: Up and Down tome which paid for your sins gears, so you didn' t "actually work" for your fortune/gear as you say in this post. Also, you did have your sin power leveled, and you do think you're pro.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Its Funny Seeing Gold For 2mill.2 Mill For 1 Gold Make So Much Sense
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    *charges moar zhe

Oh wait, I'll go out to dinner instead.

Hey look, it's me!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hey look, it's me!

Stop talking to yourself!
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    /Inbe4lock b:laugh

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Can you people find something else, something new, to QQ about?
    This is getting kinda boring now.