Warsoul of Earth worth it ?

Options
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited November 2011 in Assassin
Simple enough question

my strength is currently 80

do i want to essentially invest my next 7 levels of skill points to be able to wear one, or should i keep those in dex for the extra dps

i do like to solo when i can, so the extra hp would be really nice, but am i hurting myself more by lowering my dps ?

thanks
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's completely worth it. You could go for the Nirvana helm but, honestly, the added cost doesn't justify it at all and the loss in dex will make a minimal impact on your damage.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    It's completely worth it. You could go for the Nirvana helm but, honestly, the added cost doesn't justify it at all and the loss in dex will make a minimal impact on your damage.

ok, but assuming its my endgame helm, when should i be going for it

will i lose to much dps in the 7x range to do it all now, or just add a little at a time and get it around 9x ?
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yes, warsoul of earth is a good helmet and worth it's price. Even if vana hat is your goal, using it from 70~80s till a large part of 100s makes it worth getting.

I don't agree with the previous poster about vana hat not being worth it's price though. I think it's the ultimate helmet, less str needed, dex add and +5 att lvl with leggings you will wanna get eventually makes an impact on damage. However, vana hat is not a priority even if it's worth getting.

Another option you might consider is the shining snow hat (gold fcc, also a sort of light armor hp hat like the nirvana one). It has 105 str requirement, and is pretty nice. It's not so hp orientated, but mainly good for it's low str requirement and being g12 (I think it was). You could even look at the green version if you don't got much coins, think it's called decaying snow hat.

As for when to start wearing the warsong helmet, I think aiming to wear it at lvl80~85 is good enough. Using it at 70 makes the str requirement a burden.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    ok, thanks for your help :)
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @Empu I statted str to wear my warsoul at 70 XD. Mainly because it was +10, and an extra 1.5k health at level 70 was like a 40% increase in my life, so it was more than worth it.

And Pyro it is more than worth it. I used it at 70, and I am still using it now. I already have enough coin to be able to get the vana helm (already have the vana legs/dags), but as of right now the warsoul has more health added than the vana since I haven't even made it yet.

xP
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @ Skai : I suppose a +10 warsoul changes things a bit :P I used mp hat till 83 or so when I hit the str I needed for warsoul. Sounds crazy, but I had a very good refined and sharded mp hats from my cleric ^^ But yeah, if I had a +10 warsoul at that time, I would have equiped it earlier too hehe
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally, I think I used Helmet of Lion Spirit until like 92 or so and then switched to Helm of Aqua Viciousness. I actually only got a Warsoul of Earth on 97 because I did not want to stat strength for it, knowing that I'd have to restat it later.

... And then I forgot that the TT99 belt gets 7~8 str. Turns out I'll have to buy a reset note for 1 str on 100 if I wish to use the R8 ring.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The Warsoul helm gives more hp than the nirvana helm until you get to +10, then nirvana wins out, but using nirvana helm gives an additional 23 or so dexterity. For most people, getting a helm +10 is one of the latter things you do in this game, esp. given that a nirv helm is 5-7 times the cost of warsoul. Get warsoul and stick with it for a while, it's awesome.
  • IiMagik - Raging Tide
    IiMagik - Raging Tide Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    BEFORE U GET THE STRENGTH LVLS FOR WARSOUL HELM READ WHAT I GOTTA SAY!!!!

Get the helm at lvl 95 or w.e when u got enough str for it, else even if u got the helm at lvl 70 ur gona have a bad ratio of dex to str so ur gonna suck. My other sin got his warsoul helm at lvl 92 when he had enough str cus of my build 1 str 4 dex each lvl. and a few str armor bonuses. Not worth to get it and wase ur points on gettin 115 str. Wait till ur high lvl to get it.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It's actually 113 str, and after you've statted enough into it, the rest of your levels will be 5 dex.

Basically, if your warsoul is highly refined, then stat enough to wear it asap. Otherwise stick with LA type of helmets until you can get nirvy helm.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Zeyar - Dreamweaver
    Zeyar - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i think +10 str tome is only around 4~5Mil .. and i dont think u will or should be tanking anything in 70s or 80s, so Lion spirit or other lower str helms should be enough until 89+

of cos that is considering as if u r not getting uber gear pre-90
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    -int is so expensive I just got lucky and found a nice Cloudcrasher +3 in the AH, 282 hp, -10% req (so 98 str), 160 phy res, 145 phy resist and four sockets that had +50 hp's in each already. Cost was only 500k!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    N-n-n-n-necrooooooooooooo!
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • k0rnonjacob
    k0rnonjacob Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im new, so forgive me if this sounds nooby, but once u invest points into a certain stat, are you able to take the points back and put it into a different stat?
  • Elendirah - Sanctuary
    Elendirah - Sanctuary Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    im new, so forgive me if this sounds nooby, but once u invest points into a certain stat, are you able to take the points back and put it into a different stat?
    Yes it's possible. You can buy reset notes in the Boutique, several types depending on how many points you want to reset.
    Click on "O" to open the Boutique -> Utility -> Resets
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mindfreak1980
    mindfreak1980 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yes, warsoul of earth is a good helmet and worth it's price. Even if vana hat is your goal, using it from 70~80s till a large part of 100s makes it worth getting.

I don't agree with the previous poster about vana hat not being worth it's price though. I think it's the ultimate helmet, less str needed, dex add and +5 att lvl with leggings you will wanna get eventually makes an impact on damage. However, vana hat is not a priority even if it's worth getting.

Another option you might consider is the shining snow hat (gold fcc, also a sort of light armor hp hat like the nirvana one). It has 105 str requirement, and is pretty nice. It's not so hp orientated, but mainly good for it's low str requirement and being g12 (I think it was). You could even look at the green version if you don't got much coins, think it's called decaying snow hat.

As for when to start wearing the warsong helmet, I think aiming to wear it at lvl80~85 is good enough. Using it at 70 makes the str requirement a burden.

This man is awesome and one of the best sage sins I ever met!! you should listen to him :P love ya Empu xx

<--- Mr_Kipper btw :)
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    N-n-n-n-necrooooooooooooo!

^ This times 2b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • FiveAps - Dreamweaver
    FiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I actually got mine way way back a year or so while raising my BM.
    Got it to +10 with last DO sale. Helooooo 2k HP helm.
    Worth it? hell ya.
    Dex loss at lvl 70? who cares, you don't do damage at that lvl, you're just leeching around, so at least survive for god's sake. Get misty rings to compensate, get ornamets with +str until you reach 99. Then restat with a 1-1.5 mil note.
    Endgame priorities might change, getting Nirv hat for set bonus or whatevs else. But that will be last thing you're gonna change, trust me, it's just that good to have +10 on a HA g13 piece of gear.
    FiveAps - PvE char made from half as.s unbound gear sold by a wizard, doing 18x the damage and 10x the money the wizard was ever capable of. b:laugh . Only in PWI.