i have 5 hyper stones going to use them as 12x exp

im a veno lvl 35 and want to be lvl 39+ can any 1 sugjest a good grinding spot

thx
Post edited by rumpleteazer78 on

Comments

• Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wouldn't recommend hypering at your level since it's easy as is to level.
    But the best mobs to grind on at level 35 are Scout Pterosaur located at 579, 552↑32 and give 216 EXP on regular kills (not on hypers).
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    NO NO NO NO NO

Man do not waste Hypers grinding at your level. Do crazy stone and quests you'll level very quickly. At level 40 add in BH29, at level 50 do Goshiki and the hidden quest at 1k Streams.

If you are rich and using hypers doesnt bother you, advertise and do FC xp room, and use your hypers then, or hold on to them until you can do Phoenix Quest and use them then.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ya go hyper as a veno..... then spend a week or two in the cube catching pets up..... *cough*

just do your quests..... grind a litle on mobs your lvl after that, catch pets up..... rinse repeat. you get to 40 and caught your pets up and finished quests u can go to TB city and JUST do enough challenges to ding. then do the same the next lvl.... 50 u have that hidden quest at the 1K elder. You can't do the rest of the Tideborn chain till 51, but i suggest you save it till the 60's. And ONLY do enough each lvl to ding as you dont' get a whole lot of quests. Honestly you can easily lvl to 80 w/o doing FF. Even past it.... I aven't leveled veno much been busy with other toons and making gears, but just yesterday i decided to lvl. Today i did another BH. caught my pets (8 of them) up the past couple days (grinding). You get 500k exp per BH in the 80's... I'll prolly lvl tomorrow between BH and all the divine quests and other ****. And u need 4.8 mil exp at 82.

But ya i wouldn't suggest hypering on veno tilll the 80's. ESPECIALLY at your lvl, you'll just be spending time after that catching the pets up u have.
  • DudeLupus - Raging Tide
    DudeLupus - Raging Tide Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I agree with these folks, leveling is super easy at this point. And with crazy stone and some quests you'll be lvl 40 before you know it.

If you're looking to spend some coin to make it faster, you could try using a few oracles. They aren't nearly as expensive as hypers and will serve you well at your level.

Then you get BH and all those valuable TB quests at 40. I think I was actually able to lvl a couple times from those. You get like 7 quests, and each one gives a really nice chunk of exp (as well as coin and spirit). I did all of them immediately except for the Tideborn Traitor, gonna need help on that one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1-30 really easy. 30+ CS + quests > 40. TB quests > 45 BH's +CS > 51 TB quests > 51-52 > More BHs and CS....Don't use hypers this low of level, you can to to 60 really quickly, then finish off the TB quests at like 62-63
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If you decide to hyper anyway Lurani's " Scout Pterosaur located at 579, 552↑32 " is pretty much your best place.

Id not recommend 12x however, 4x will save you a lot of money in the long run and still level you with great speed.

Feel free to ignore pople telling you not to grind or w/e, the way you play is the way you play. Plus youl have the benefit of learning your class instead of overdoing FCs ;P

<---Grinded from 0-60 with no quests completed aside mandatory culti and Tideborn Chain. Then A few FCs solod by a friend to 80. Nothing to say you cant do the same :)
    edited May 2011
    I have nothing against grinding whatsoever. It just sounded to me like she wanted to level quickly, and at her level crazy stone, quests and oracles are a very fast way to level up without spending money on hypers.

Also, most quests will have you go out and kill a bunch of stuff anyway, but you'll get the added bonus chunk of exp for completing a quest as well as the exp for killing the mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I have nothing against grinding whatsoever. It just sounded to me like she wanted to level quickly, and at her level crazy stone, quests and oracles are a very fast way to level up without spending money on hypers.

Also, most quests will have you go out and kill a bunch of stuff anyway, but you'll get the added bonus chunk of exp for completing a quest as well as the exp for killing the mobs.

I found that quest mobs are rarely suited for your class. For example there are a **** tonne of Archer mobs. **** that, I grinded on mobs that were typically Fire type, exactly my level and incredibly campable.

Also travelling to hand in and collect quests etc = wasted time if you just want to chill out grind.

That said, Quests do typically give Rep (Usually enough for R4/5 which is great for Sins / Archers wanting the int shirt.) and rewards which are typically worth decent money so eh, choices ftw :p-

I have an impressive 1220 Rep b:cute And half of that is from helping in FBs lol.

Quests are good however. Did the vast majority of them on my Cleric, she hit 100 in about 9 months, but I was moving pretty slow. (First toon)
    edited May 2011
    Infernia, you're absolutely right about some of the mobs not being suited for grinding. For some classes this is a bigger problem than others.

But I've played a cleric, barb, bm, and wiz and at least for those classes there are ways to counteract or prevent certain skills that may be troublesome. Finding ways to neutralize the mobs you initially have trouble with is a great way to learn the value of certain skills or to master timing.

But at the same time, once I get to lvl 40 on a char I only do quests if I have time to kill after doing all my BH's for that day. Questing gets repetitive especially if you've done it several times on other characters.

So my argument for questing vs. hyper grinding at that level is purely an economical one. I would rather save the money. But if that's not an issue, it would be more fun to just load up on pots and hyper grind my a** off till I get to at least 40.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    You think having only 1220 rep at 80 is impressive? lolollolol Sorry but if u had actually DONE your quests you woulve' been real close to 5K by SIXTY (maybe 1000 off i dun remember but with the random rep sales now 1000 rep isn't a problem lol) and had your rank 4 body with channeling...... still ya.. 1220 isnt' impressive. sorry
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You think having only 1220 rep at 80 is impressive? lolollolol Sorry but if u had actually DONE your quests you woulve' been real close to 5K by SIXTY (maybe 1000 off i dun remember but with the random rep sales now 1000 rep isn't a problem lol) and had your rank 4 body with channeling...... still ya.. 1220 isnt' impressive. sorry

Well, considering that some pl'd chars don't even have enough for the rank 4 stuff (before buying, that is)...I remember someone doing their 69 with like 40-something rep.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I had around 1K rep when I bought another 4K for my rank armour. Since then until 89 I managed to gather close to 3K rep only from helping in FBs. Life's good.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011

Wow, overreact much? I would assume you just didnt catch the sarcasm, but just in case :

I decided to try another way of levelling, shock ****ing horror.

Cleric 1-80 questing, 80-100 FC/BH/Quests/FBs. (Pretty much traditional, first char, Original Main) 6.5k rep or so.

Assassin 1-70 Oracles (Grind til 30 obviously) 70-80 BH 80-100 FC /BH. (Oracle alt until it became my main then I learnt it) 201,093 Rep.

Wizard 1 - 60 Grinding alone except for Tideborn and Culti quests. 60-80 Friend ran me through FC a few times and FBs / BHs. (Overtly "Classic" levelled, now my "main" in play time, although I use my Sin for grinding and some other tasks) 1220 Rep

Veno 1-82 Bit of everything. Dunno her rep, its 2.5k or so, ive not used her in forever.

I think you can **** off with your angry tone. I dont want that pathetic 3% channelling top. Unlike the 0.05 for LA classes, the 3% for Magic is pretty much nothing. Id rather have my old Lunar Green Chest with its higher defences than that thanks.

On top of that, its my character, I can level her how I like, to whatever result I like. As you can now see, I know the advantages and disadvantages to each way of levelling (Except pure 1-100 FCing, but eh im not interested) and I made my choice with my Wizard.

Im waiting on your reply. Your somewhat shortsighted post needs a retcon methinks.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    I could care less how u leveled, 1220 rep at 80 f'ing sucks end of story. And I'm not angry, you couldn't see the LAUGHING? rofl............ By the way for a VENO (not sure if this was orginally about your veno or cleric but i dun really care) that rank 4 body (till the rank 6 body) is perfect. If u need more defense you're doing something wrong and getting your *** handed to you all the time. O ya, if it was your cleric.... you could use both bodies.... put the rank one on when your'e in a squad and shouldnt' get hit much.... and heal better. Anyway ya whole point... saying 1220 rep at 80 was impressive just made me fall outta my chair laughing. anyway.... moving on.

buh bye...
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I could care less how u leveled, 1220 rep at 80 f'ing sucks end of story. And I'm not angry, you couldn't see the LAUGHING? rofl............ By the way for a VENO (not sure if this was orginally about your veno or cleric but i dun really care) that rank 4 body (till the rank 6 body) is perfect. If u need more defense you're doing something wrong and getting your *** handed to you all the time. O ya, if it was your cleric.... you could use both bodies.... put the rank one on when your'e in a squad and shouldnt' get hit much.... and heal better. Anyway ya whole point... saying 1220 rep at 80 was impressive just made me fall outta my chair laughing. anyway.... moving on.

buh bye...

Im not letting go of this.

3%? That top is ****. The loss in defences compared to TT80+gear is not worth it. And hey, with rank being so cheap, I could have had 200k rep at level 10 if I bothered to get it, so wheres your entire point gone now?

This was by the way about my Wizard, which you would know if you read the full posts. I have sutra, Undine, I have near 7k MAtk, I have a pushback, a seal, will have a sleep once I get the spirit.... I hit like a train and as fast as one too when I need to. Where do you see this 3% being useful? Until you already have a large amount of -chan, it will make no positive difference, and the time I want -chan will be endgame, where a -6% top will be virtually handed to me. b:bye

"saying 1220 rep at 80 was impressive just made me fall outta my chair laughing." Well to be honest, that was kind of the point, but you were laughing for a **** and different reason :/
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    i had with my cleric at lvl85 over 10k rep, NOT bought. Just quests and fb...how is that impressive?
    My Veno at lvl80 had 6k rep only due quests, also never bought with any kind of rep badges. so i dont really get it how someone can call 1,2k rep impressive tho.

Edit: nvm appearently it was sarcasm, didnt catch that.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh