Sage/Demon skill acquisition chart

Options
Solandri - Heavens Tear
Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
I've pretty much retired from playing the game, but the folks in my faction talked me into finishing off this project I'd left sitting on the back burner. It's a handy reference chart for the different ways you can acquire each of the Sage/Demon skills.

http://pw.solandri.com/skills.html

Mystic and Seeker skills are missing percentages since they're not in pwdatabase yet. I think my faction caught most of the errors, but feel free to mention any others you spot. I'll attempt to correct them when I have time.

Having the skill descriptions pop up when you hover over the skill name was suggested, but I just don't have enough time to add all that text right now. I've included a link to ecatomb instead. I'll probably change the color scheme to light text on dark background at some point so it isn't so hard on the eyes to flip between ecatomb and my list (I tend to be minimalist, and prefer dark text on light background myself).

Enjoy!
Post edited by Solandri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Looks like a handy resource. Perhaps you could lengthen the shorthand for the various pages to incorporate the common abbreviations ie: OBP, PoF, AMP.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    M - Mysterious Pages can only be obtained from the overpriced new player pack, or manufactured with 9 best luck tokens for one page. You need 50 pages to create a random skill
    A - Advanced Mystical Pages can be manufactured with 15 best luck tokens for one page. 30 pages gets you a random skill. If you collect several hundred pages (varies by class - refer to the pwdatabase link), you can get a book clip which includes all the books which can be created with advanced mystical pages. That is, one of each, no chance of duplicates.

what i put in bold and underlined you have it takes best luck tokens its just regular tokens of luck not best luck.

edit: also for seeker staggering strike comes in the same book package that Northern Sky Waltz does so you get 2 books for 1. Same with Parched Blade Dance Comes with Stalagstrike and Soulsever Minuet comes with Gemini Slash.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Pretty good idea. As for the skill description thing, maybe someone can write up a piece of code or sommat to incorporate that in. And they can be responsible for typing all that in. :P

-Mysterious pages can be obtained with the starter pack? o.O

-I can confirm that starting on stage 4 of RB (GV) Delta, old book pages have a chance to drop. Sometimes they drop 1, sometimes 2. Sometimes zero. It just depends on the boss's mood I suppose, LOL.

-Black Voodoo, White Voodoo, Soul of Vengeance, Aqua Impact, Spirit Blast (both of which aren't listed) and Landslide (psy books) all drop from fb99. As does Deep Sting and (I believe) Slipstream Strike

That's all I can see right now
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It would be nice to get this on the wiki but I'm not sure how to support this handy flipcard layout you use.

Small corrections:
    OBPs first drop from stage 3 boss not stage 4 (you can receive them from delta BH2).
    The rate for Archer Lightning Strike from MP is 20% not 10%
    The rate for Archer Knockback Arrow from MP is 10% not 20%

I'm not sure what "R1" designates but I have received Psychic Demon Torrent as a drop from FB99 before.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    assassin skill shadow walk: drop only fb99 it seems

also id suggest listing which skills are guaranteed from the mass turn in using AMP