New instance impressions

CptMaggots - Lost City
CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Ok, so I just did the new instance in the 8x range, and I was wondering who else has and what they thought.

Honestly, it doesnt seem to be TOO worth it to me. It's a daily basically, which kinda sucks for how short it seems, unless we did something wrong. A few halls of TONS of mobs (think frost on crack) which net decent exp, and a single straightforward boss at the end. 20-30 mins or so for about 25% if hypered.

It's decent, but I was hoping for more b:surrender

EDIT: And for those that may be wondering, this is what it looks like. This is at the end, but imagine a few halls before it, loaded with mobs.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b374/BStar4/edit.png
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
Post edited by CptMaggots - Lost City on

Comments

• Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I didn't like it.. got a count down, and stared at the npc. Crappiest instance ever!

But seriously, I couldn't get in. Tried on 2 different characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My impression from it:
    Just another place to go get experience. My squad might have missed a quest since we tried it with 5 people (lvl 60-74 range). If hypered the experience from mobs might be decent, but all it really was is a portion of elf fb 19 filled with a bunch of mobs.

Cleared easily with 2 clerics/barb/archer/sin, bb was only really needed on 1 pull, everything else IH was fine.

Not impressed, not worth bringing my cleric alt out of retirement for another fcish experience.
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Final boss is giant spaghetti monster.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bebisito - Dreamweaver
    Bebisito - Dreamweaver Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Beyond easy, which is cool if you're into that sort of thing.
    Was hoping the boss would have a couple cool tricks.
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, I did it on my 80 cleric alt, and bb was really not needed for it. We had 2 barbs, 2 mystics, a sin, and me, and I only really bb'd for really big pulls. IH and chromatic healing beam were more than sufficient for the majority of the instance.

And the boss was seriously a single target, no special attacks boss. It looked cool, but it was like a boring old bh boss that didnt even hit hard.

Once squads perfect it, I see it being a fast 10-15 minute exp gain though, which isnt TOO bad I guess.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver
    __Nanayo__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    It wasn't even a BH boss. BH bosses hit harder, have special tricks and can potentially kill people. To die to that thing you need to be a catastrophic failure IMO. XD

TBH, the only remotely threatening thing in there was getting frozen or sealed with a ton of mobs on you because you didn't see that one Shade you happened to miss. b:laugh
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    1 other thing to add, at least for the 60-74 bracket.
    The boss is a rip-off of Demonic Sovereign from Nirvana in appearance, only no aoe stun and no adds that spawn. -shrug-

Copy and paste boss was the perfect end to a copy-paste instance i guess.
  • Ashgaroth - Lost City
    Ashgaroth - Lost City Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    was disapointed in the 60-74 bracket to be honest was too easy and just seemed like a let down to me idk if we did something wrong or what but seemed a bit short
  • FeelThisHeal - Archosaur
    FeelThisHeal - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mine impression-it sucks (10 times sucks)
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Copy-Pasted instance

One word:FAIL

Such laziness b:cold and they still get paid for this?
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Went on my 59 mystic and LOL'd at what the NPC had to say at the end, "Looks like they rounded up a few more gullibl.......heroic adventures to clean our cave."
    Too true.

WTF man, FB19 with doors that don't open to block off the areas they were too lazy to fill with mobs?? At least give us more mobs in those hallways.

Waste of time. FF to 100. It's faster.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver
    ColdAsLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    How's the spirit reward ? My cleric needs tons of spirit and he's close to 30.
    ColdAsLife, 90, Proud Sage Archer
    ArchRaziel, 5x, Cleric
    XBushidoX, xbushidox.guildportal.com
    Rectitude, Courage, Benelovence, Respect, Honesty, Honor, Loyalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I plan to get together with some buddies and try it out just for the hell of it. Or in simpler terms, FOR FUN. Just like I do TT runs for fun.

Now to wait for the masses of PWI players to cart me away on the paddy wagon for actually having FUN doing instances and playing this game. And I also await to be fired as a PWI player for not treating it as a JOB, like a GAME is suppose to be.b:shutup
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I plan to get together with some buddies and try it out just for the hell of it. Or in simpler terms, FOR FUN. Just like I do TT runs for fun.

Now to wait for the masses of PWI players to cart me away on the paddy wagon for actually having FUN doing instances and playing this game. And I also await to be fired as a PWI player for not treating it as a JOB, like a GAME is suppose to be.b:shutup

I tried it w/ a friend. Just once. It's good to try things at least once before you call it **** and never attempt it again, don't you agree? I didn't find it challenging or fun. I haven't heard testimony from anyone yet stating it was enjoyable. All they did was push FB19 and 59 instances together, and throw doors around the instance. Then fill it was lots of mobs that give **** exp, and a re-used boss model at the end of the instance. The only not re-used things we're the two tree-looking NPC's at the beginning of the instance.

Downfalls:
    -Poor exp w/ x12 hypers (a whole run isn't equal to big room in FF)
    -Only once per day
    -Level limitation
    -Need a squad
    -Re-used instance (FB19/59)
    -Re-used boss/mobs models
    -Easy boss @ the end, that does nothing special

Pros:
    -Waste's some time when you've been doing monotonous activities and are bored
    -Doesn't cost any coin (minus hypers if you plan to hyper)
    -Some exp/spirit
    -15 minute timer token to get back inside the instance
    -Good squad experience

That's all I got. Honestly, I was expecting so much more.

Edit: I stand corrected. Seem's this person finds the instance enjoyable.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    I tried it w/ a friend. Just once. It's good to try things at least once before you call it **** and never attempt it again, don't you agree? I didn't find it challenging or fun. I haven't heard testimony from anyone yet stating it was enjoyable. All they did was push FB19 and 59 instances together, and throw doors around the instance. Then fill it was lots of mobs that give **** exp, and a re-used boss model at the end of the instance. The only not re-used things we're the two tree-looking NPC's at the beginning of the instance.

Downfalls:
    -Poor exp w/ x12 hypers (a whole run isn't equal to big room in FF)
    -Only once per day
    -Level limitation
    -Need a squad
    -Re-used instance (FB19/59)
    -Re-used boss/mobs models
    -Easy boss @ the end, that does nothing special

Pros:
    -Waste's some time when you've been doing monotonous activities and are bored
    -Doesn't cost any coin (minus hypers if you plan to hyper)
    -Some exp/spirit
    -15 minute timer token to get back inside the instance
    -Good squad experience

That's all I got. Honestly, I was expecting so much more.

Edit: I stand corrected. Seem's this person finds the instance enjoyable.

Well, you aren't wrong in your opinion. If it is as easy as you say, I can see it not being fun. Personally, Iprefer a challenge myself, so I may not end up enjoying it any more than, say, a 1-2 run. But my point is, even if the instances I enjoy doing game no drops, coin, spirit, exp, rep, etc, I would still enjoy doing them. I'd love for PWI to create an extremely difficult and lengthy instance(one that cannot be sped through or cheaped-out with a bunch of APS) where you get no rewards, and all the mobs and bosses give no exp, spirit, rep, coin, or drops at all. The more engaging it is, the more fun I have, but that's just me.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    And should you fail to enter, such as because there are too many instances running or you try without a squad, you'll lose the daily chance.

Anticipation and testing aren't PWE's strong points....
    [Retired from PWI]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    And should you fail to enter, such as because there are too many instances running or you try without a squad, you'll lose the daily chance.

Anticipation and testing aren't PWE's strong points....

You mean it cant be solo'ed? Bummer, guess I can't try it out at my own leisure. Oh well, guess I get to do it with some mates.
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    You mean it cant be solo'ed? Bummer, guess I can't try it out at my own leisure. Oh well, guess I get to do it with some mates.

I tried without a squad, but I got a "Maximum number of instances reached." message and was unable to try again. If that's their way of saying "You need a squad, and for daring to try on your own you won't have another chance today." then they need to teach their sweat-shop workers some better english again, because at this rate they'll lose a lot more players.
    [Retired from PWI]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    All they did was push FB19 and 59 instances together, and throw doors around the instance. Then fill it was lots of mobs that give **** exp, and a re-used boss model at the end of the instance. The only not re-used things we're the two tree-looking NPC's at the beginning of the instance.

hum. i saw the "new instance!" blurb all over the front page, and i was all going "whaddaya know, so they CAN still make new instances for this game after all, wonder why they didn't for so long". so then i come here to read about it, and... eh, so they can't, other than copypasta anyway?

wonder why that is, honestly. is there something fundamentally difficult or labor intensive about instance coding for this game that makes them not want to put in the time and effort? or did the one guy who understood how to use the dungeon-building tool properly up and quit?

between nirvana/warsong being copypasta of FB109, and what i'm hearing of this, and no FB19's for earthguard OR tideborn... how long's it been since they coded a genuinely new instance for PW, by now?

edit: i'll probably run it once or twice, in a couple different level ranges, just to see what it's like. if i can find squads. but if it's as unchallenging as people are saying, i'll likely get bored and go BH for XP instead pretty quick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • OiOOio - Raging Tide
    OiOOio - Raging Tide Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Do you need a FULL squad or just 2 ppl is enough?

I probalby can solo this with a cleric or mystic using my Veno + herc.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I went in with a 2-person squad where the second person wasn't even on the same map as me.

Was... kinda dull, to be honest.
  • Fishlips - Harshlands
    Fishlips - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    nice run for lower lvl . I am not QQ about it.Thank you PWI KEEP UP GOOD WORK.b:victoryb:shutup
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sounds like they catered to the no-skill ADHD player base yet again.

New hyper instance for nubs. Wonderful.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Looks like a re-vamped Fb19 instance, not even a new map lol.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lmao looks just like frost before their revamp xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I went in solo on a 35 seeker. The 30-44 Phoenix Valley is the Human FB19 cave. I didn't get past the first room, but encountered 3 types of mobs - 35 melees that were dead easy, 40 melees that were tougher but soloable, and 45 casters that were scary to solo. Ran out of HP pots fairly early (was thoroughly prepared), and couldn't get back in after I died the third time (token had run out.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary
    Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I went in solo on a 35 seeker. The 30-44 Phoenix Valley is the Human FB19 cave. I didn't get past the first room, but encountered 3 types of mobs - 35 melees that were dead easy, 40 melees that were tougher but soloable, and 45 casters that were scary to solo. Ran out of HP pots fairly early (was thoroughly prepared), and couldn't get back in after I died the third time (token had run out.)

I thought the quest fails when you ones to enter alone? Or is that only with the higher quests?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd love for PWI to create an extremely difficult and lengthy instance(one that cannot be sped through or cheaped-out with a bunch of APS) where you get no rewards, and all the mobs and bosses give no exp, spirit, rep, coin, or drops at all.

The problem is that if they actually created such a dungeon, only a very small percentage of the playerbase would actually want to run it, so it's not likely they'd bother expending their resources to develop anything like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd love for PWI to create an extremely difficult and lengthy instance(one that cannot be sped through or cheaped-out with a bunch of APS) where you get no rewards, and all the mobs and bosses give no exp, spirit, rep, coin, or drops at all.

Herp.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I haven't done this instance yet, nor do I know when I will, but...one thing from this thread made me chuckle a bit -

People are comparing this instance to FCC.

FCC is supposed to be what...level 80-85+? Of course FCC will give more exp and be more difficult. It's like the rebirths - each one gets harder and more rewarding, am I right?

So this is for the lower levels who can't afford to pay someone to take them through FCC, or who doesn't have kind friends who will take them through for free.

Kinda sucks that it's just the same maps that are already in-game. ~_~
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~