Switching User Interfaces (Rising Tide/Genesis)

Options
SomebodyTwo - Lost City
SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
So how many of you would like to use the rising tide interface rather than the genesis interface? Well I figured out how to change it!

Simply go to where you installed it, double click the element folder, double click the userdata folder, open the systemsettings.ini file in notepad (or similar).

Now scroll down to the bottom, the last line looks like this

[UI]
Theme = 1

Change it to

[UI]
Theme = 0

Save that and exit, now when you log into the game the interface will be the RT UI instead of the EG one.

NOTE: There is at least 1 graphical glitch with the RT UI, the text for the chat selection buttons is mangled but the buttons themselves work just fine.
There may be more but that's all I saw.

This also enables the button to change it inside the client (at the character selection screen) but it only appears when switching from RT to EG. However it doesn't save so if you exit and re-open it will be back to the RT UI.

Enjoy! b:victory

(For the record, I prefer the EG UI, But I discovered this and thought it was cool enough to post.)
My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
"Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
"When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
Also, Minecraft is awesome.
Post edited by SomebodyTwo - Lost City on

Comments

• Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear
    Hell_rayzer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not sure if this is a known fact but nice,

Might be illegal tho.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Completely 100% bannable.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This has been posted like 12 times already too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    News flash :

Either u claim you found it or u just don't read forums :

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1014171

Perfectly legal for THAT kinda change
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

100% Bannable, if they'd just put it in as an option.

Lack of 'feature' on companies behalf?
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    isnt it just faster to quote frankie >.>
    We'll allow that specific modification since it helps you get into the game, so go ahead :)

Any other ini modification not explicitly provided by GM will still be considered a violation of the ToS though.

Good luck :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fun Fact: We're supposed to be able to freely switch between skins within the game options below the volume sliders. Said option got murdered in the Emerald skin for our version for no reason. b:surrender
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fun Fact: We're supposed to be able to freely switch between skins within the game options below the volume sliders. Said option got murdered in the Emerald skin for our version for no reason. b:surrender
    so it takes 1-2 min. more to switch the UI now.
    ............ >.>

at least its possible and they allow it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Since this is like the 100th thread on this topic, I'm closing this now.

b:bye
This discussion has been closed.