Poll for Countdown Speculation

Comments

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't think it's the Token shop, because from what I saw, they didn't make this big a deal about it for JD.

I voted for new instance or base wars. Only 2 things that are seemingly appropriate for this much attention. My guess is we're getting city arenas implemented again, like in the Chinese version.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't think it's the Token shop, because from what I saw, they didn't make this big a deal about it for JD.

I voted for new instance or base wars. Only 2 things that are seemingly appropriate for this much attention. My guess is we're getting city arenas implemented again, like in the Chinese version.

City arenas have always "implemented." Assuming the PW client has the same files as the CN version's it should have been coded there since the launch of PWI. Those are hosted by GM events on the PW CN and JP servers. That wouldn't even require a patch to do, it'd just require GM management.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nice poll b:victory

The correct answer is within those choices...
    Its the "Other" one huh? b:chuckle

omg I'm laughing so hard! b:laugh b:laugh

Great poll, Astrelle. b:pleased
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    City arenas have always "implemented." Assuming the PW client has the same files as the CN version's it should have been coded there since the launch of PWI. Those are hosted by GM events on the PW CN and JP servers. That wouldn't even require a patch to do, it'd just require GM management.

Oh, I know they've always "been" there, I'm just saying that maybe they'll finally turn on the neon "OPEN" sign for them, like in the other versionsb:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Oh, I know they've always "been" there, I'm just saying that maybe they'll finally turn on the neon "OPEN" sign for them, like in the other versionsb:surrender

That might have been possible a year or two ago, but all I'm seeing is more veteran staff leaving PWI to go to other games, and new, inexperienced people replacing them. Half our CMs from PWI are now CMing for other PWE games now, they're losing more and more focus as more games come out. They call that cannibalism in financial terms... when their new products eat away sales from their older ones. :/

• Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *Tries to understand*

New patch is like 44 meg...

Might be token shop since for another game gives some mounts or fash.. (Not sure how much a mount "weights" meg wise in game).

Probably not a major cataclysm ravaging the land, would be higher then 44 meg..

Few fixes here and there perhaps..(Coding, at my knowledge, doesn't affect much a patch's size)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    GMs are trolling. Pack sale ftw.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    GMs are trolling. Pack sale ftw.

... But a pack sale after a pack sale wouldn't make much sense?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    ... But a pack sale after a pack sale wouldn't make much sense?

It doesn't need to make sense. They've had Tiger pack sales at the same time as coral pack sales before...

• Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If its just the token shop and 40 v 40 base wars then im gonna rage... Really with the game how it is at the moment with people asking for rebalancing and bug fixes if these are not addressed and your waving provacative timers in our face I will be disapointed.
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Yeah I'm thinking it's token shop as well. I just saw it appear briefly in the game info menu.
    the items in the JD ones are pretty useless >.>
    i can imagine what we would get...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • OmegaToth - Harshlands
    OmegaToth - Harshlands Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    hmmmm .... i think its the base wars..seriously i play this game for a while(just stating a fact) and if its only the core achivement shop **** ill be really dissapointed..and its hard to dissapoint me since i have sooooo lil expectations towards new stuff in this game..hoping the best( but still i doubt it will be some landscape changes)
    b:kiss love u all
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Pleeeeease make this a graphic revamp for old classes. b:pleased
    (since we can't get balanced with the other classes :P)
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    pee horse for 3 days?
    supply stash to open with the golden hammer?
    one more world quest per day?
    coin chest....temporary?
    the fashion that got sold cheap in boutique now, temporary?
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Maltav - Heavens Tear
    Maltav - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    me likes!

I think it's actually Token Shop with great items! too bad my internet connection sucks, i can't stay logged in for 96h straight b:cryb:cryb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Maltav - Heavens Tear
    Maltav - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wish they put those new awesome flyers :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011

"Other (say what it is) "

Yeah, that pretty much covers everything.b:chuckle
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I highly doubt that it's one of the following:
    - Core Token Shop - it's already here, but I doubt the anouncment is about it.
    - 40vs40 - Highly unlikely since PW-CN doesn't even have it, as far as I know at least.
    - MoG - would be stupid after a sale, then again this is PWI.
    - Landscape thingy - patch is too small.
    - New instance - again, patch is too small.
    - Class rebalancing - Same as 40vs40, if CN doesn't have it we are sure won't.
    - Bug fixes - Unlikely, unless "Minor localization changes." counts.
    - New Server - the current population on the current servers is mediocre as it is.

Most likely:
    - New event - it's that time of the year.. summer. PWI needs the players to stay inside.
    - New boutique item - this is one is guaranteed.
  • RainZ - Raging Tide
    RainZ - Raging Tide Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Its a countdown to simply say the rep sale n pack sale is gone..nothing special
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I hoping for faster wings and charms since I really need new wings and adding some charms and stuff would be nice. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Qyo - Archosaur
    Qyo - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Class rebalancing @.@ hope so
  • Xanic - Lost City
    Xanic - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2011

nice b:shutup my answer is "Token Shop" >:O
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Tonight is the night! b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Medals? Not a chance ; I voted token shop because that's the most obvious and logical choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoroastra - Sanctuary
    Zoroastra - Sanctuary Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd say they gonna change the landscape due to the disaster that the EG have awakened to try to avoid or something. if patch is too small, maybe is just another major cash shop sale that gonna make some rage and some happy.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Patch is 44mb so I hope it's an instance/guild wars... I think those would be small enough to fit, but what do I know xP
    I think I'd be happy with anything on this list though...
    I just hope it's announced early (like most sale posts and whatnot) because I'm not going to be up at 3am!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    How could a cash shop sale or the token shop thingy be worth all the tease? >.>
    I really hope there's something that's worth all the fuss in store for us.
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    This token shop is shared among all the games, so if you want to get more points once you have burned the ones from PW, you will probably have to start playing other games that this company has unless they add a way to recycle points.

The problem is that in my opinion every other game sucks, I only play PW and so I'm stuck with I can get here.

Now the problem if that if they add a very sought after item like medal of glory or a cool mount, I'm definitely not going to play other sucky games just to be able to get medals.

I seriously think that PWI is trying to make more ppl play their other sucky games using this token shop as an excuse, I'm definitely no taking this bait. b:bye
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I swear, PWI is just trying to make everyone fail finals with all these pointless gimmicks.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Would place ya bet's on option #5 b:quiet b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]