Full Support Cleric in-the-making

Ikincrow - Dreamweaver
Ikincrow - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Cleric
I've been following the pwiki guide and using my stat points as: 4 magic/1 strength in odd levels and 3mag/2vit on even levels. My armor is arcane, ornaments are magic and protection based. Is this formula proved useful for FSC's? What should i cap my vit at? & What should i do on even levels after that? I want several opinions please x)
Post edited by Ikincrow - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    the most STR u will ever need as a cleric is 54. 55 if your going R9.
    VIT is purely optional. Some go 5, 50, 100
    Magic stats, just fill 'er up.

i think you should stop doing those confusing odds and evens.... their kinda useless when all u have to do is look at the next set of gear and see their stat requirements.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011

i think you should stop doing those confusing odds and evens.... their kinda useless when all u have to do is look at the next set of gear and see their stat requirements.

This^ (and I'll write neatly, unlike how I normally type, because my opinion's kind of big)

About your FCC thing, if it kills your squad, it will kill you too. I would say that a build like your evens/odds play only goes so far when your squad just got flattened by a hallway of mobs and your next up on the servers plate. In my opinion, reflexes and good timing (and 2x holy paths) matter more in FCC than how much vit you have put into your cleric. If you have never run FCC before as a cleric, it just takes time and practice. The more you run with general squads, the more accustomed you will be with each class in your squad and what to expect from them. The same can be said for bosses and mobs. The more experience you get, the more you can anticipate what will happen and respond accordingly. My first goal in my first FCC (on this cleric) was to make sure no one's hp dropped below 51%. That happened and the phrase "clerics are dead" sure doesn't apply to me lol.

tl;dr
    What Deceptistar said about adding to mag/vit/str. No dex unless you're light armor.
    Win in FCC comes from experience. Only by running an FCC can you tell how well your build works in there. b:dirty
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    tl;dr
    What Deceptistar said about adding to mag/vit/str. No dex unless you're light armor.
    Win in FCC comes from experience. Only by running an FCC can you tell how well your build works in there. b:dirty

I wouldnt say that, since till she can FC, she can pretty much do alot of mistakes with stats.
    To restat later on is expensive so...

Most Clerics stop at 50vit base (means without any gear), since you can get HP due shards and need alot of MP later on. Most Clerics even restat to pure 3Vit at level 100+ if they have money for it, since they can get alone due gear and HP shards 10k HP.
    As for FC, 50Vit base is enough. you should have at least 3k HP unbuffed (with Gear), if you have less then you need to work on your timing. the boss at heads deals physical melee damage and can one hit you without shell. so either you get at least 3k HP or you learn to time his AOE with shell.
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Lierre - Raging Tide
    Lierre - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I wouldnt say that, since till she can FC, she can pretty much do alot of mistakes with stats.
    To restat later on is expensive so...

That's true x.x

I hadn't thought about that guy's AoEs. My HP pool looks rather cashshopped so I can shrug off his AoE, though I probably can't say the same for clerics with less than 3k HP. (He still hurts regardless >.<). And yeah, mistakes. I simply hold that gear determines how much str I have, vit is optional, and mag is where everything else goes. I never added to my vit because I had the refines and shards from my gear to make up for the loss. Adding to vit probably wouldn't be such a bad idea.
    Please state the nature of your medical emergency.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Actually, the highest Str a cleric needs at endgame, in theory, should be 59.

The legendary (mold) pataka Midnight Black requires 57 Str. Same for the blacksmith pataka Buddha Verse.

The TT99 gold pataka Divine Aegis needs 58 Str.

And according to PWDatabase, most Nirvana patakas have a requirement of 59 Str to use them, like the Staff of Sanctuary and the Flower Tears

keep this in mind if you plan to have any of those as your endgame weapon.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011

The legendary (mold) pataka Midnight Black requires 57 Str. Same for the blacksmith pataka Buddha Verse.

And according to PWDatabase, most Nirvana patakas have a requirement of 59 Str to use them, like the Staff of Sanctuary and the Flower Tears

Only that cleric's shouldn't use patakas....b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

Also clerics shouldn't wear heavy armor. But we know there's always exceptions to the rule... b:laugh

And what's wrong with patakas? I know male clercis look silly running with patakas cause they looks like they wanna poke someone in the eye with them... b:avoid

I mean, some have useless phys atk and Str bonuses, but others have pretty good phys def & HP bonuses for the squishy cleric, and also they are supposed to be second to glaives for magic damage, above swords and wands.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011

basically that. its kinda pointless arguing about things only 1-2% of the population will use. If u cant understand why patakas ARENT used then u should not be arguing why they SHOULD be considered.
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Sidenote: PLEASE do not forget about Pdef b:sweatb:avoid

Only use protection ornaments...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    basically that. its kinda pointless arguing about things only 1-2% of the population will use. If u cant understand why patakas ARENT used then u should not be arguing why they SHOULD be considered.

Well, for a desicion to be made, you need to know both sides, pro and cons of the choice.

If you could please enlighten us why patakas should not be taken into consideration as endgame gear, it will be appreciated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Well, for a desicion to be made, you need to know both sides, pro and cons of the choice.

If you could please enlighten us why patakas should not be taken into consideration as endgame gear, it will be appreciated.
    i dont know if i should take my time to indulge someone who might or might not have it go in one ear and out the other.... all i see is a post that politely says "So prove it to me" >.> The search button is always at your disposal if you want the full facts
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2011

Any piece of gear can be taken into consideration as end-game gear. However, consideration does not mean it is the best choice.

Pataka's, in my opinion, contain wasted stat's for Clerics. Some may argue that is false however, you can get those stat's and add-on's through other means (as in hp/pdef).

Also, if you want to look at a Nirvana G15 (Silence of Frost), the Pataka has one of the lowest base Magic Attack <-- Not so good when heals are based off of Base Magic Attack o.o

Short answer, it is just not practical for a Cleric to have a Pataka over say a Wand or a Glaive.

Ok, I started the "evidence" and acknowledged that sure, anything (even fists) can be taken into consideration as an end-game piece of gear.

Rage on b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    i dont know if i should take my time to indulge someone who might or might not have it go in one ear and out the other.... all i see is a post that politely says "So prove it to me" >.> The search button is always at your disposal if you want the full facts

Also the "patakas are for noobs. If you use a pataka (or plan to use one), you must be a noob" kind of answers doesnt help either.

I posted my reasons why I think patakas could be a choice for someone. The polite thing to do was at least come with a similar type of reply. Not the "I know it. you don't and im not tellin' ya" type b:bye
    Any piece of gear can be taken into consideration as end-game gear. However, consideration does not mean it is the best choice.

Pataka's, in my opinion, contain wasted stat's for Clerics. Some may argue that is false however, you can get those stat's and add-on's through other means (as in hp/pdef).

Also, if you want to look at a Nirvana G15 (Silence of Frost), the Pataka has one of the lowest base Magic Attack <-- Not so good when heals are based off of Base Magic Attack o.o

Short answer, it is just not practical for a Cleric to have a Pataka over say a Wand or a Glaive.

I see your point.

Some patakas have Str and phys attack bonuses that doesn't help anything to a cleric, while others have physical defense, HP and reduce physical damage that could help (specially if you are trading protection ornaments for ethereal ones to get -channeling bonus), but it may be better, easier and cheaper to get those bonuses from citrines (HP), garnets (physical) & Diamods of Tiger (reduce damage taken).
    Ok, I started the "evidence" and acknowledged that sure, anything (even fists) can be taken into consideration as an end-game piece of gear.

I remember Man posted a while ago his attempt of an endgame heavy cleric to be used on TW. At least on the paper, the build looked nice. No idea if he did it and how it went.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    Also the "patakas are for noobs. If you use a pataka (or plan to use one), you must be a noob" kind of answers doesnt help either.

I posted my reasons why I think patakas could be a choice for someone. The polite thing to do was at least come with a similar type of reply. Not the "I know it. you don't and im not tellin' ya" type b:bye
    You wrote that you wanted to know the pros and cons of a choice, hence why you stated a rarely used pataka. That gave me the impression that you dig in FAR and WIDE in terms of pros and cons to the extent that some of them dont matter. And tbh i concluded that the amount of knowledge i have will not be large enough to satisfy your huge thirst of pro/con, thus why i refered you to the ever reliable search engine on the forum. My time is important and atm i feel i dont want to waste it on finding backup info for my pataka opinion just to satisfy you. b:victory
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    I remember Man posted a while ago his attempt of an endgame heavy cleric to be used on TW. At least on the paper, the build looked nice. No idea if he did it and how it went.

I know of a few GOOD HA Cleric's. I even had one on my Cata team for a few TW's and they did amazing. The build is just extremely expensive in order to be really viable. MUCH easier if you have a full HA veno and put that Cleric on the same account. A tough one to build and play though, you really have to know your stuff in my opinion. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    You wrote that you wanted to know the pros and cons of a choice, hence why you stated a rarely used pataka. That gave me the impression that you dig in FAR and WIDE in terms of pros and cons to the extent that some of them dont matter. And tbh i concluded that the amount of knowledge i have will not be large enough to satisfy your huge thirst of pro/con, thus why i refered you to the ever reliable search engine on the forum. My time is important and atm i feel i dont want to waste it on finding backup info for my pataka opinion just to satisfy you. b:victory

The ones I posted on my 1st reply where to show that a cleric needs, in theory, more than 54-55 Str at endgame if he/she thinks to wear a pataka. Not to prove that patakas are awesome/**** or that sort of stuff.

Then on my second post (wich I think you missed) I asked why they shouldn't be considered, and I stated my reasons why I (still) think why patakas can be an endgame weapon. Then all the flame started.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2011
    The ones I posted on my 1st reply where to show that a cleric needs, in theory, more than 54-55 Str at endgame if he/she thinks to wear a pataka. Not to prove that patakas are awesome/**** or that sort of stuff.

Then on my second post (wich I think you missed) I asked why they shouldn't be considered, and I stated my reasons why I (still) think why patakas can be an endgame weapon. Then all the flame started.
    stop derailing the thread already... the OPs question is answered. b:sweat
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    stop derailing the thread already... the OPs question is answered. b:sweat

okie b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]