genie question

Options
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Wizard
i have AD/extreme posion/cloud eruption/and pull skill

i was wondering what other skills other wizzys have had for TW.

i dont like tree of proction, i feel it is too slow for tw and second chance doesnt do much either for tw. So what else have u guys been using????
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    is your wizzy sage? If so you don't need cloud eruption.

I personally like Fortify, it's excelent for stopping a sin stun lock dead in it's tracks, or for not getting killed from a stunning arrow you see being channeled by an Archer.

I also like using Frenzy- it makes BIDs hit that much harder. The best part is that it buffs you, so everyone you hit is effected, unlike EP which only debuffs 1 target.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    This is just a list of skills that I think are useful (or can be useful) in TW (in no particular order)

Wind Force
    Holy Path
    Domain
    Faith (belief)
    Expel
    Fortify
    Badge of Courage
    Frenzy
    Spark (not spectacular in TW.. but nothing beats it for a single target amp.. so at least for those cata barbs or someone you wanna finish off quickly.. could be decent)
    Extreme poison
    Cloud Eruption
    Wind Shield (if you have relatively high hp)

I think I hit most of the important ones, obviously there are tons of other more circumstantial skills I didn't mention.. but this would be a good start imo. I'm planning on making a genie exclusively for TW.. and I'm planning to make it high vit/mag with wind force, holy path, domain, fortify, frenzy, and cloud eruption. A wizard's job in TW is just to drop ults.. so I'm making a genie to help me do that. I'm kinda kicking myself because I don't really have anything defensive that I can keep using on the genie.. but after a lot of internal debate this is what seems best for me.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    is your wizzy sage? If so you don't need cloud eruption.

Sage wiz "need" CE for TW. I guess not. "Want" CE for TW? Oh yes. Please.
    I personally like Fortify, it's excelent for stopping a sin stun lock dead in it's tracks, or for not getting killed from a stunning arrow you see being channeled by an Archer.

Fortify? EH, i guess if you have room. But honestly, there are so many people in TW, resisting one person's stun at the cost of having my genie on cooldown isn't worth it to me. I look at fortify as a pk skill, not a TW skill.

TW my genie is always on cooldown from frenzy, CE, HP and occasionally domain+ironguard/tranq orb. The odds of me even having fority available at the moment I see one particular archer (or anyone else) channeling anything is highly unlikely. In that instance, I just hit a pot, holy path or distance shrink backwards and even if I get stunned (unless I'm doing something rambo, in which case I deserve what I get) I'm usually out of range or surrounded by the rest of my faction/squad who can pick him up. I don't usually get killed by archers after a stun. If an archer gets me (in TW) its just that he's an aps rank 8/9 +10 archer that is exceptionally sneaky or the rest of my faction got wiped out unexpectedly quickly, in which case (if I don't see it in time), ima be dead more than half the time anyway.

And sins stun lock in TW? They are usually dead before their first stun wears off. Only sins I really worry about in TW is the 1 shoting variety. IDK if those are sage ones or just really op ones, but the ones that 1 shot you dead before they even materialize? THAT is effective for a sin in TW.
    I also like using Frenzy- it makes BIDs hit that much harder. The best part is that it buffs you, so everyone you hit is effected, unlike EP which only debuffs 1 target.

Yes - if your a wizard in TW without frenzy? Your not doing your job imo.b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Fortify is amazing in TW.. like anywhere else. If for nothing else, using it when casting an ult to give you a better chance of getting it off (I've had bms rush in and try an occult, or archers try to stun me etc). It's also nice being able to use an IG more than once every 3 mins.. I don't need to chain immunes (although I have the option), so I can use the immune to drop two ultis. It's also nice when you see a bm running in to stun dragon, as you can resist the stun and get out of range for the dragon. There are a MILLION uses for this skill (especially being it only costs 55 energy and has a 30 sec cooldown), and again BLOOD is too narrow minded to see the usefulness of such an important skill. There are times when I don't see a skill coming, but having something cheap I can use preemptively when I see coming is just amazing.

I don't think a r9 wizard would really need frenzy.. when they have close to 100atk level already.. there ain't much that won't die to an aoe anyway.. and the energy would be better spent defensively imo.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.