Disaster Relief

Options
Xarathox - Dreamweaver
Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
If many of you don't know, a storm system passed through Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee dropping a dozen or more tornados for the past 2 days. Alabama was hit the hardest, but both the northwest part of Georgia and the south east part of Tennessee (where I live) were hit pretty hard.

As of right now there are over 400 people missing or presumed dead and the count is still rising. There are 9 dead and 60 missing in my county alone, and a few of the surrounding counties also have multiple deaths or high missing rates, some of those missing are people my family knows.

All I ask is that if you can donate just a few dollars to either the Red Cross or the Salvation Army to help the families affected by this, please do so. You can probably ask a local rep of either foundations about where to send the donations.

Thank you.
Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
Post edited by Xarathox - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hopefully PWI will do another relief sale like they did for Japan. I know its not much, but hell, if they can do it for Japan, they damn well better be able to do it for the country they are based in.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah I have family over in Japan so it was tough...but since I was born here the feeling is no different.

I just hope they choose a better item to put on sale than a one time use item. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hopefully PWI will do another relief sale like they did for Japan. I know its not much, but hell, if they can do it for Japan, they damn well better be able to do it for the country they are based in.

I agree, they should do another relief sale, since this was probably the most worst outbreak of Tornadoes that has ever hit the U.S. And just like Japan, many homes were lost, and the cost of the damage is huge. Lucky the death toll wasn't as high as the disaster in Japan... :\

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PWE is based in China, PWI is based in California, just to head off that argument.

I wish I had income. I'm a college student, otherwise i would give something. :(

If I didn't have anything tieing me down here (IE, school), I'd drive out and volunteer for relief efforts, but even that would be impossible, as my car isn't in functional order. :(
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PWE is based in China, PWI is based in California, just to head off that argument.

Thats why i made sure to say pwI and not pwE.

Either way though, they should still do at least SOMETHING given that it is a good chance that they could have had players affected by this.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

PWE is based in California and responsible for the NA versions of PWI, FW, JD, etc...
    Not sure what the name of the CN company is and don't feel like looking it up, but yea.. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    PWE is based in California and responsible for the NA versions of PWI, FW, JD, etc...
    Not sure what the name of the CN company is and don't feel like looking it up, but yea.. :P

o.O I thought... PWE was the Chinese company...

Guess I was incorrect again. XD
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level