Does DoT damage generate aggro?

Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
Question in title.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes but not much - any attack generates argo - except debuffs
  • Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    debuffs do generate agro, such as Amp or extreme poison or normal non-damage skills that debuff mag and phys deff, altho the agro is very small so any normal attack will take agro off whoever cast the debuff

try having a cleric cast phys debuff on a boss b4 any1 hits it and the boss will agro onto cleric, such as when i start bosses with amp/EP in nirvana b4 any of the aps DDs get a chance to hit
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    debuffs do generate agro, such as Amp or extreme poison or normal non-damage skills that debuff mag and phys deff, altho the agro is very small so any normal attack will take agro off whoever cast the debuff

try having a cleric cast phys debuff on a boss b4 any1 hits it and the boss will agro onto cleric, such as when i start bosses with amp/EP in nirvana b4 any of the aps DDs get a chance to hit
    You mean, "Any skill generates aggro." Like Astraea said, if no one has started hitting any mob/boss, and "any" skill is cast on it, it will aggro on the person who used it.

Example: Veno with myraid rainbow uses that skill on any monster, the skill itself has a chance to do nothing to the targetted mob, and even if it fails, it will aggro the veno because they used the skill.

Hope this helped ^^.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:surrender - Was thinking about genie skill Mire witch don't generate argo