so our big update...is a boutique fix and making last update work.

Options
Finaler - Raging Tide
Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
i know i know i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but I did. I was expecting at most the new instance to come out. But seriously when you announce a big patch in a week I expect you to deliver. I mean heck we could get the things you can actively fix w/o beijing's support like core connect and better items in dq or even the free zen rewards bug fixed. I also know that you put this game on the market so maybe you aren't trying but hey.

/walloftext
/rant
/html
also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao
Post edited by Finaler - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    How dare you ? Who are you to judge their hard work ? Do you have ANY idea how hard it can be to sit on your *** all day ? You should be ashamed of yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=12969551&postcount=1

A future patch, not the next patch. Learn to read and you'll QQ less.

Also, don't hold your breath on the new instance, we still don't have the Underwater FB19 promised for the Rising Tide expansion. OR the FB19 instance promised for the EG's. All they do is add stuff for us to spend money on.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i know i know i shouldn't have gotten my hopes up but I did. I was expecting at most the new instance to come out. But seriously when you announce a big patch in a week I expect you to deliver. I mean heck we could get the things you can actively fix w/o beijing's support like core connect and better items in dq or even the free zen rewards bug fixed. I also know that you put this game on the market so maybe you aren't trying but hey.

/walloftext
    /rant
    /html
    You must live in a constant state of disappointment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They reduced a lot of rubber banding. Give them a break.
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    making the last update work should be the primary focus of this update... as opposed to leaving things not working... i dont see the problem
  • Shalandra_ - Sanctuary
    Shalandra_ - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Also, don't hold your breath on the new instance, we still don't have the Underwater FB19 promised for the Rising Tide expansion. OR the FB19 instance promised for the EG's. All they do is add stuff for us to spend money on.

Uh isn't that ocean tusker?
  • Irdis - Sanctuary
    Irdis - Sanctuary Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I thought that huge octopus counted as the TB fb19? :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

i have noticed a cut down in the rubberbanding in the last few weeks... maybe the got it under control... and i still wonder why if someone isnt happy playing a GAME then why do you still play? if you think the game is broke (i will say it does have some flaws) and its this and that (all neg features) then go play a different game... its not like a job where if you hate it you still need to go b/c you need it to survive and you really dont need to spend $ on the game in the 1st place... so... whats the deal?
  • vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why in the hell did they make the hyper activation box so friggin huge....b:angryb:cry
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    vristion wrote: »
    Why in the hell did they make the hyper activation box so friggin huge....b:angryb:cry

i thought it was fine the way it was... i dunno its just me
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I've noticed this as well, and i have to say.... its.... nice. b:victory
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I thought that huge octopus counted as the TB fb19? :o

if the ocean tusker counts as an FB19, then that... whatever its name was... that earthguards are to kill when they hit level 19 should get to count as a world boss.

hey, it's a boss, and it's on the world map. that's what makes a world boss, isn't it? tusker's a boss in a dungeon and you're supposed to kill it in a squad when you're level 19 --- and that's all you need for a fb19, right...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

proof plz
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't believe that you have missed out on the Core Connect Store coming... You earn "tokens" by accomplishing Awards and will get to spend them in the new Core Connect store (when they get it installed completely.) Why, there may even be more colored horses for sale there.

b:bye
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I stopped wondering what patches are all about when it comes to Wednesday maintenance.

Be it great or be it fail, I still enjoy being here. Expect too much and you will be disappointed.
    Though if something positive happens, the surprise will only be sweeter.
    This is what I learned over the years. b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Killercows - Sanctuary
    Killercows - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I would like for them to fix so it is possible to put Earthguard sage/demon skills in AH
  • Bunny_slayer - Harshlands
    Bunny_slayer - Harshlands Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I can't believe that you have missed out on the Core Connect Store coming... You earn "tokens" by accomplishing Awards and will get to spend them in the new Core Connect store (when they get it installed completely.) Why, there may even be more colored horses for sale there.

b:bye

wtf man, i almost fell of my chair from laughing. Personally, i just expect every patch to be a boutique update so as not to disappoint myself b:surrender
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i have noticed a cut down in the rubberbanding in the last few weeks... maybe the got it under control...?

Uh, guys... Where? Every single person I've spoke to in-game, on Vent, and on the forums has stated that Rubberbanding is and has been for ages, a huge issue. No one stated it was getting better. Personally, I've never had Rubberbanding get better for me in any of the recent patches. I run PW on 4 different PC's, as well as three different houses in the same State. They all Rubberband the same. If it's doing it less for you, your doing something different and/or not paying attention. Sorry to get your hopes up, as I wish it was fixed as well. But it isn't happening...

and i still wonder why if someone isnt happy playing a GAME then why do you still play? if you think the game is broke (i will say it does have some flaws) and its this and that (all neg features) then go play a different game... its not like a job where if you hate it you still need to go b/c you need it to survive and you really dont need to spend $ on the game in the 1st place... so... whats the deal?

People play for oh so many reasons. I hate the management of this game for both PWI and PW-CN. I hate the bugs that are never fixed. I hate the constant sales for getting end-game gear w/ real life cash, and I hate most of all - how people can buy level 1-100 in a month by spending $50. Better to roll on a private server, or quit right? Wrong!

People have spent to much time playing this game, made too many friends to quit, put too much cash in, invested too much time to just "give up", and move to another game. This is why I don't quit. If I didn't have my friends, I'd leave. But what game is out there that is similar to PW, but better management? Not many. I'm personally not into games like WoW, and RoM - where you must face the boss/mobs to kill them, and can't look around w/ the camera while killing the mobs/bosses. I'm also not willing to pay a monthly fee. Many people say PWI isn't F2P, which might be true for them. However, if enough time is invested, you can obtain anything in the game w/ out spending real life cash.

Most of all, people are hooked on this game, and addicted. It takes over for their real life, and what not. I'm hooked. Not gonna lie. I wouldn't quit because of the management, unless it went down too far. People stay because the genuinely enjoy the game, and just wish the issues (bugs, glitches, management, etc) get fixed.