FC Scams

Options
Yhumy - Dreamweaver
Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
A friend cleared an fc to heads today and was selling extra spots to people, I got a spot in that squad and someone in squad wanted lead to invite a friend. The person who cleared the fc gave that person lead and immediately, he booted everyone and started selling the fc. Just thought this is a good heads up to whoever sells head spots, dont give lead to anyone.
Post edited by Yhumy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I was always wondering if someone would do something like that. That's why I only go to FC with good people from my faction (except once).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The solution against "instance stealing" is so simple: just never pass lead to anyone you invited, ask the person for his friend's name and ivnite yourself...
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    new saying for frost scams..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WWloVLRt24
  • TabooForYou - Lost City
    TabooForYou - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    that has to be the most annoying song i have ever heardb:angry

even beats rebecca black or what evb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CptMaggots - Lost City
    CptMaggots - Lost City Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I hate you so much right now. Not for that video itself, but because that in turn made me look up the original video out of curiosity. I am now in the process of destroying all things I own that can connect to the internet and moving into a cave, far away from anything that has touched that video. b:angry
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    Remember to forget to relent, to surrender.
  • Judo_ - Sanctuary
    Judo_ - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I always do it for free courtesy of my girlfriend b:cute.

But if you don't have a partner to solo FCC with, then sometimes taking the easy way out by buying out FCC is more of a hassle than it's worth.

I haven't heard of any scamming on Sanctuary regarding FCC yet so I'm not too sure what to make of it yet...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is why I am irritated about the entire "FC Selling" business. As a venomancer, I've been told that, even upwards of lvl 90, I am going to have extreme difficulty getting an FC squad, even more so because I don't have a Herc(or a GW, for that matter) and that my best bet will be to pay for FC squads. But, with the new boom in FC scams, I'm not liking the idea of spending hundreds of G's in coins to do my quests in there, only get get scammed out of it.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Things like this are what have kept me from buying heads myself yet for my bm its easier for me since he's only 71 atm to just go get x12 hypers and grind seewead theifs and get 5% per pull aoe solo grinding than buying heads for however much I'd get paying an extra 4-500k for the instance. heck I make back what I spend on tokens for hypers grinding like that atm since the x2 drops off dq.
  • Pythe - Dreamweaver
    Pythe - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I personally loved having a veno in my squad. The greats ones keep you in sparks which means more Heaven's Flame time for me! :D And yes, I am a BM. :)
    This is why I am irritated about the entire "FC Selling" business. As a venomancer, I've been told that, even upwards of lvl 90, I am going to have extreme difficulty getting an FC squad, even more so because I don't have a Herc(or a GW, for that matter) and that my best bet will be to pay for FC squads. But, with the new boom in FC scams, I'm not liking the idea of spending hundreds of G's in coins to do my quests in there, only get get scammed out of it.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    As a person who regularly sells FCs, I'll say that what Asthariel said is spot on. Also, I odn't usually invite anyone 85+ for two reasons: first, to avoid this; second, if you're 85+ you should be getting your own squad. I fill spots much faster advertising levels 50-70 than I would 70-85
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Whoever was originally selling heads was a bit stupid.

I mean.. first off giving lead to "invite a friend" should get your guard up some.

And once they start kicking you, what in the world are you doing? START THE DAMN HEADS YOURSELF so the person who is attempting to steal your FC heads can't get jack **** out of it.

That's what I would do, if something like that ever happened to me.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver
    VenoAtHeart - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

My veno has absolutely no trouble finding FC squads. She's been doing them daily since lvl 80 with friends and randoms. I actually have people coming to me wanting me in their squads. I do have a herc, but I really don't feel that matters too much, pretty sure anything could tank the FC bosses. It's really in the name you make for yourself in your first few runs and the friends you make on the runs that matters.
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seems this is getting more and more common. Its not just lowbies that wanna power level who are getting scammed/ripped of either. I know several people who has been in "regular" 9X Frost squads and at Big room the party leader just kicks everyone. Than the guy goes and sell the spots for 400k each on WC lol.

If you buy heads/exp room its normally way less risk of getting scammed if the guy is someone who runs Frost Services a lot, they dont wanna loose customers and wanna make sure that they can fill parties fast. Sellers in established factions with OP gear are also kinda safe to go with. I know that sounds a bit silly, but when someone can clear up to Big Room in 10-15 min and is in a faction that wanna keep a decent reputation, its not really worth the hassle to scam lowbies.

If the seller is some random **** assassin in his own little 3-man faction, wearing shiet gear and most likely needs 1-2 hours to clear the instance i would think twice about joining the party.
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not quite.

I sold some spots at heads several times. I did the FC with 2 other friends, they drop squad then we share the total coins made (2500000/3=833333 each) and i don't have godly gears.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I mean.. first off giving lead to "invite a friend" should get your guard up some.

And once they start kicking you, what in the world are you doing? START THE DAMN HEADS YOURSELF so the person who is attempting to steal your FC heads can't get jack **** out of it.

yeah, thats pretty much in line with what i was going to say myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

emm...you can start heads only at lvl85+, OP is lvl79...ijs
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Synta - Dreamweaver
    Synta - Dreamweaver Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Sure, some classes can find squads more easily, but you should have no trouble even so. As for the pet, use a damage pet, rather than a tank pet (sure, hercs have relatively high damage but there are better)...
    Don't buy FC runs unless you're rolling in money XD
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sure, some classes can find squads more easily, but you should have no trouble even so. As for the pet, use a damage pet, rather than a tank pet (sure, hercs have relatively high damage but there are better)...
    Don't buy FC runs unless you're rolling in money XD

well good veno's can find a squad easy if they know what to do - the fastest squad of mine was 2 Sin, Me, Cleric, Bm and a sage veno all pro and the assumption that with 3 sins in squad u have the fastest FC squad is dead wrong b:cute.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That's why I keep the lead and I do town portal after I activated the quest ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i wonder if their as corrupted in RL too lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i have sold plenty of head room and to the last boss deal for cheap 1.5 mills before.They give me the coin i give them the instance..same as if you were getting plvled..you give them the coin you get to stay in the squad.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    emm...you can start heads only at lvl85+, OP is lvl79...ijs

Technically you can't really sell heads at level 79. Reasoning? You can't start heads.

What's the point of inviting 5 people buying heads (normally people around the 70s range and lower (from experience)) when you can't even start the heads service for them?

I'm pretty sure the OP's friend that did the FC with him/her was the one doing the invites/starting heads, and the OP was one of the spots filled in the 5.

His/her friend should have started heads once kicked.

Though I haven't had this happen to me, I heard of stories where a group of people doing FC do it until heads, then the squad leader kicks everyone, just to sell heads. Of course this is uncalled for, and people just start heads and kill them by themselves. Same scenario here.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why bother scamming in FCC? FCC up to Heads doesn't even take a long time...hell FCC doesn't take a long time period. It's better to have people trust you and willing to pay you than lose your business out of laziness when word inevitably gets around.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Selling "Frost instance clear" Its somehow of a exploit.. b:thanks I give it 2 months or 3 before frost gets "shut down" or cost "3m".

Everytime i did a squad or something.. i rarely gave lead to anyone. b:cute Pm me or gtfo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Zaphael - Heavens Tear
    Zaphael - Heavens Tear Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    There is a reason that scams like that work - people allow themselves to be scammed.

If you give coins to someone you don't know for a service you get after, you may get scammed.

If you give someone a mount or fashion to "try out" before they pay, you may get scammed.

If you buy items from a cat shop without reading the description/prices, you may get scammed.

If you give lead to someone you don't know in a squad, you may get scammed.

Plain and simple.

The people that do this type of thing...they're just sucky people. However, you can prevent things like this by paying attention to what you're doing. Don't trust some random person you've never even heard of before...especially when items of value and/or coins are involved.

Unfortunately, things like opening nirvana for money and paying for FF runs leave someone in a position of trust. You have to trust that someone will pay you for your nirvana key and not scam you. You have to trust someone won't kick you after getting your FF money. If you're not willing to accept that risk...then you just don't participate.

At least now you can say you've learned yet another way people in this game can be *******s...and next time you won't find yourself in this situation.
    "there is a majority of people I can't here stand anymore. The skill level in TW has decreased dramatically. Frankly I am tired leading a TW of a bunch of idiots and morons. I outlasted my patience for them. I just can't waste anymore time here." ~Ehmi's leaving post.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, I mean. What do ya expect? FF solo runs are a player-based market. If your doing a run, and someone does that... I mean, it's just mean. However, it's not a "scam". It's a PvE instance, that was cleared by players - not a financial transaction.

Player's nowadays have to worry about said problems. Back in the day, we didn't even have hypers, nor the revamped FF. Most older players like myself, will never encounter said problems, because we can completely solo the instance for ourselves/our alts/our friends/our faction, etc.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    just heard of another scam that happened. Someone was selling the fc instance, boss room and heads not cleared for more xp, sold the room to a buyer for 1.5mil

Pretty cheap actually considering server prices.

now from reading world chat 2 mins later i gathered that the heads room was still not cleared. no scam there. actually, pretty much the entire instance was not cleared. lmao. there was some qqing in world chat, maybe some of u dreamweaver ppl read it this morning but ya. make sure that the fc is cleared to heads.
  • Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver
    Dante_Roxas - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Easy Solutions to the fc selling heads scam's

LEVEL YOUR SELF AND LEARN YOUR CLASS!
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

*shiver*

Annoying as hell, but did you notice there is a "Ha ha ha haaa" missing at 8:32?

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well, given how this powerleveling hype goes and what it's based on, I really wondered if there would be issues of backstabbing for the sake of personal greed (and when that could happen). I guess I have my answer now.

Thanks Yhumy for sharing your story with us.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~