Warsoul weapon

Options
_Scylla_ - Lost City
_Scylla_ - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited December 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Hi, since the r9 it's not anymore reachable i'm thinking about warsoul weapon. I know that need an insane cash but i need to be motivated to play, now i'm not anymore (don't really like the nirvana weapons),so...

Planning to not use mastercard, visa card, selling myself/family member (even my cat) or ask for the illuminati help, can anyone explain me the CHEAPEST way to get it whit ingame cash?
Post edited by _Scylla_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Well unless you wanna gamble with the TT pieces and such, you'll be looking at chips.

Well, you got this, times 100:
    788 chips + 16,875,000 coins
    788 chips + 16,875,000 coins
    315 chips + 6,750,000 coins
    158 chips + 3,375,000 coins
    473 chips + 10,125,000 coins
    473 chips + 10,125,000 coins
    158 chips + 3,3750,000 coins

Comes to: 315,300 chips + 6,750,000,000 coins.

Convert the chips to gold and you get:
    6,750,000,000 coins + 157,65 Gold
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    While technically it is possible to achieve a Warsoul Weapon for free, in all practicality, its not feasible. Knowing you need 100 of each Warsoul fragment and what it takes to make them is enough to give Fuzzy a headache.

Take the Ksitigarbha fragment for example. If you do indeed want a 100% chance to craft one you need a top tier item wanted by the Warsoul Spirit. In this case, 3 Ancient Devil Soul. Ok, so, go go get farming and all you need is a measly 300 of them. Manage that and congratulations, you are one seventh of the way to your weapon.

Other fragments, such as the Avalokites don't even offer a way to craft for 100% certainty. It takes 100 Perfect stones to attempt, and the crafting rate is a horribly low percentage. Better start running those card boss's and decomposing OHT gear by the truck load to get your hands on 100 of them. But wait! Thats ok, because in the process of manufacturing your truck loads of OHT mats you are bound to make a gold piece of gear or two. Excellent! Decompose these to Purified Perfect stones. Stockpile 1800 of them and voila! You now have 100 Jakari fragments.

So... 300 ADS, 1800 Purified Perfects and maybe 1,000,000 perfects and you are now three sevenths of the way to achieving your weapon.

.........yea, like Fuzzy said, for all intents and purposes, it is impossible to farm a warsoul weapon unless you use a +12 Visa to do it.

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • _Scylla_ - Lost City
    _Scylla_ - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    While technically it is possible to achieve a Warsoul Weapon for free, in all practicality, its not feasible. Knowing you need 100 of each Warsoul fragment and what it takes to make them is enough to give Fuzzy a headache.

Take the Ksitigarbha fragment for example. If you do indeed want a 100% chance to craft one you need a top tier item wanted by the Warsoul Spirit. In this case, 3 Ancient Devil Soul. Ok, so, go go get farming and all you need is a measly 300 of them. Manage that and congratulations, you are one seventh of the way to your weapon.

Other fragments, such as the Avalokites don't even offer a way to craft for 100% certainty. It takes 100 Perfect stones to attempt, and the crafting rate is a horribly low percentage. Better start running those card boss's and decomposing OHT gear by the truck load to get your hands on 100 of them. But wait! Thats ok, because in the process of manufacturing your truck loads of OHT mats you are bound to make a gold piece of gear or two. Excellent! Decompose these to Purified Perfect stones. Stockpile 1800 of them and voila! You now have 100 Jakari fragments.

So... 300 ADS, 1800 Purified Perfects and maybe 1,000,000 perfects and you are now three sevenths of the way to achieving your weapon.

.........yea, like Fuzzy said, for all intents and purposes, it is impossible to farm a warsoul weapon unless you use a +12 Visa to do it.

b:surrender

Ok so...warsoul it's impossible (or almost) to reach...so what?Fuzzy i don't want to come back always on the same story but...what can be done vs players (and are MANY, i'm not talking about 1 or 2...) whit full r9? Warsoul can't be made, r9 can't be made...nirvana? Even whit nv they'll be like in god mode...
    As said i'm losing the will to play...
  • Iserya - Sanctuary
    Iserya - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also try to work on it, thinking it could be feasable but before i keep on going, i think it would be very appreciated to have RELIABLE informations on success rates and amount of materials needed (because pwdatabase, Warsoul spirit and heck, even PWI's "ultimate weapon guide" aren't reliable on those).

For mats needed, well... Even if their success rate of crafting are low, most can be obtained pretty easily especially during drop x2 on. Still trying to figure out if selling those, and chips the warsoul frags wouldnt be faster though...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I also try to work on it, thinking it could be feasable but before i keep on going, i think it would be very appreciated to have RELIABLE informations on success rates and amount of materials needed (because pwdatabase, Warsoul spirit and heck, even PWI's "ultimate weapon guide" aren't reliable on those).

For mats needed, well... Even if their success rate of crafting are low, most can be obtained pretty easily especially during drop x2 on. Still trying to figure out if selling those, and chips the warsoul frags wouldnt be faster though...

Use the in-game encyclopedia for accurate success rates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Iserya - Sanctuary
    Iserya - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Use the in-game encyclopedia for accurate success rates.

Will teach me to use tools available <_<
    Thank you for the tip
  • Cerberu - Dreamweaver
    Cerberu - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wish PWI could just make Warsoul weapons available thru boutique and fragment gathering. I would pay a stupid amount of real money for a Warsoul weapon.
  • Finaler - Raging Tide
    Finaler - Raging Tide Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I wish PWI could just make Warsoul weapons available thru boutique and fragment gathering. I would pay a stupid amount of real money for a Warsoul weapon.

you can. you just have to wait for a chip sale. all of the materials needed for the thing is available at the mysterious merchant as an above poster said.
    also known as notes or maxer depending on the server.

resident lowbie of tao
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    *Facepalm* Even with medals at like 40-50M on the market place, Rank 9 is still way cheaper, and far less impossible than Warsoul.

3 medals for ring, 3 medals for belt, 2 medals for armor pieces each, 5 medals for weapon comes out to be 19 medals @ 1000M ish + chip prices should still be under 1/3rd the cost of warsoul, an entire set included...
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can't be done ? Just check out WarrenWolfy's guides on merchanting. He could easily afford it and hasn't spent anything on this game. Where there's a brain, money can be made (this applies in real life aswell).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Can't be done ? Just check out WarrenWolfy's guides on merchanting. He could easily afford it and hasn't spent anything on this game. Where there's a brain, money can be made (this applies in real life aswell).

No one said it couldn't be done, it can be bought. Warren is indeed a smart merchant and from a few screen shots Fuzzy has seen Wolfy probably could afford it.

Trying to farm it however.... that is the part that realistically can't be done.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • BloodIetter - Archosaur
    BloodIetter - Archosaur Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    meh I say leave warsoul the way it is =)

It gives me something to work on .. im about 25% the way there is 1 month =P
    hope to have it by atleast november =P ... anyhoo back to farming
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited May 2011
    Options
    meh I say leave warsoul the way it is =)

It gives me something to work on .. im about 25% the way there is 1 month =P
    hope to have it by atleast november =P ... anyhoo back to farming

good luck with that b:victory
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    go old school and go full nirvana
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The current price seems to be somewhere around 5.5 billion, so if my girlfriend and I pooled all our resources (like we did way, way back when Anniversary Packs first came out in order to buy a Scroll of Tome) we could just barely afford one.

However, as pointed out, it wouldn't make much sense. Rank 9 is still much cheaper and is more powerful to boot.

That being said, though, assuming my investments keep growing exponentially, and I end up with 10s of billions of coins someday, then I could imagine myself maybe getting one anyway, just for the lulz. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
    edited May 2011
    Options
    That being said, though, assuming my investments keep growing exponentially, and I end up with 10s of billions of coins someday, then I could imagine myself maybe getting one anyway, just for the lulz. b:victory

The instant you get one they will add a new item to the packs: 【 Warsoul Insignia - Weapon 】
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The instant you get one they will add a new item to the packs: 【 Warsoul Insignia - Weapon 】

OH come on, they can't do that before they introduce 【Twilight Insignia - Weapon】,【 Twilight Insignia - Ornament】 and 【Twilight Insignia - Armor】.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Warsoul isn't even that good. Not compared to the dent it puts in your wallet. Besides the +50 atk level the add ons are trash. +Max phys atk and +Vit. They all look kinda trashy to me.

I'd rather pay a fraction of the cost for full r9 and get +30 atk level. Even at current medal prices.

Not to mention the complect of having full rank 9 ends up giving you 60 total attack levels. And rank 9 is... full set. Warsoul is just weapon.

if I were you, i'd just wait for rank 10. Should be out once everyone gets rank 9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Warsoul isn't even that good. Not compared to the dent it puts in your wallet. Besides the +50 atk level the add ons are trash.

Agreed, the effect on the wallet isn't worth it, but Fuzzy wouldn't go so far as to say the add's on the Warsoul weapons are trash.

Take a look at the Brothers of Fear. Rip = 5000 bleed over 15 seconds. The panda isn't sure if that proc will stack, but even if it doesn't and you dont have cautorize on your genie, anyone that gets hit with it is in for a world of hurt.

While the weapon itself may not be worth it don't pretend the add's arn't pretty sweet. b:chuckle
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Thehate - Heavens Tear
    Thehate - Heavens Tear Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You mean in world of hurt until they realize proc percentage is likely normal 5 percent and that 5000 is BEFORE defences counted in. Even if rip chance was 100 percent, it would be way weaker than GoF, with its rather high proc.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You mean in world of hurt until they realize proc percentage is likely normal 5 percent and that 5000 is BEFORE defences counted in. Even if rip chance was 100 percent, it would be way weaker than GoF, with its rather high proc.

Fuzzy didn't say it is better than GoF, but to discount the adds on a Warsoul should someone ever choose to obtain it is just ignorant.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Agreed, the effect on the wallet isn't worth it, but Fuzzy wouldn't go so far as to say the add's on the Warsoul weapons are trash.

Take a look at the Brothers of Fear. Rip = 5000 bleed over 15 seconds. but even if it , anyone that gets hit with it is in for a world of hurt.
    b:chuckle

Yeah right...Getting a Dot hitting you for 200 damage every 3 seconds will kill anyone !
    Not even pots rejuvenating your HP every second for 350 hp, will not save you.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Even if Rip isn't as good as GoF, no one has countered that Flesh Ream or Garrotte (both barb bleed skills) might stack with it. Or at the very least, augment bleed effect between uses of a barbs bleed skill.

If all went well, a barb could possibly keep bleed on a target almost non stop, and given enough time it'd certainly hurt the target.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My question is, does the rip effect glitch in pvp like FR from nixes? If so, the R6 fists may seem good....
    edited June 2011
    Options
    5000 damage over 15 seconds is like what... 333 physical damage per second?
    Thats pathetic and unnoticeable. Archers dish out that kind of damage at like level 13.

The full 5000 damage is like someone shooting you with an arrow from an unrefined tt80 bow, except the tt80 bow would deliver the damage all at once and not spread out over 15 seconds.

Rip sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • liofens
    liofens Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Options
    How to get the chips
  • BlackRapture - Raging Tide
    BlackRapture - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Here's my opinion on the matter: Rank 9 is indeed cheaper. And better. But what if you don't like the add-ons or the weapon type you're stuck with? Rank 9 is class based, and that is the biggest downside I see. Not to mention just about everyone has it endgame, if they're paying some dough. But they're all falling into a predetermined gearset that the only thing you get to choose for yourself is the rings, necklace, cape and helmet. And the gear barely differs with other classes either. But its type is class based. Now this might not seem like a big deal if you stick to the status quo, or if there really isn't a good enough alternative for your class.

Take a barb for example. His rank 9 armor is heavy. No decent barb would go light or arcane. And the weapon he gets is beast, and doesn't restrict him from using skills, and fits his playing style (Considering he didn't go aps with claws).

Now let's take the BM. What bm wouldn't want R9? Any decent bm who knows more than Heaven's Flame, that's what. A bm needs other weapon types to use all their skills, which rank 9 doesn't provide. Warsoul provides you with 2 options for every mastery a bm has except spears and pikes. You're stuck with Heroic pride. And if you really had dough, you could have Rank 9 armor and wield a Warsoul weapon, and be dead even with stats, other than the weapon type changes. Now let's take a mystic. The adds for the mystic warsoul weapon, Gloomy Hope, is the same as a Single Butterfly, except is gives crit instead of channeling. That's pretty useless, because not many mystic skills CAN crit. But of course, they still have a choice.

But what if you were a veno, who got tired of being squishy? And you restatted and wore heavy armor? Before you rage and tell me a heavy veno is just someone who doesn't know how to play their class, let me remind you that a veno is more than a caster. And if you go sage, you can deal some pretty decent melee damage, and you're definitely last longer. Back to the point- Rank 9 doesn't offer classes any choice of what gear they want. Venomancers are naturally stuck with arcane armor. This means if you're heavy, then even if you did go for rank 9, it wouldn't be your primary set. You're probable better off wearing nirvy. But then, all those Rank 9 players are so much more powerful, even if you use your rank 9 weapon, and it's all because you're stuck with a nirvana set to their rank 9. But wait o.o- You can cut that gap with a warsoul weapon. You give a nirvy heavy veno a Single Butterfly, we're looking at a 55 attack lvl (Nirvy adds 5), and a 13 defense level if you got the cape. Compared to Rank 9, with 63 attack level, 73 with the reforged weapon, and 30 defense levels. Sure, you're still an underdog in this competition, but wait- you've got a lot more HP for going Heavy, too. A LOT more defense. A bit more attack and attack rate. And guess what? The stat requisites to wield a warsoul weapon won't make it nearly as hard to stat as opposed to trying to hold the less efficient Voidwalker Wand. Point here being this:

Unless you want options, Rank 9 is better and cheaper. But I gotta say- it's not the best looking gear I've seen. The color ruins it. However, if you wanna go Warsoul, you're very likely to bank on it. I do feel the need to point out a few things that'll make it a bit cheaper, though.

1. Manjusri Fragments- just get 10 championship scrolls, take'm to Jolly Old Jones and make an item called 'Warsoul'. Then take that to your best friend, Warsoul Spirit, and get 10 fragments for each Warsoul.
    2. If you can find Warsong Medals, 3 of those make 1 piece that's otherwise costing you 6.75m to chip with 315 chips. However, don't npc those to make the fragment, sell them for 3m a piece, and you'll profit more. Same goes to the TT mats that take 3 to get the first fragment. Those mats cost 10m+. Sell them, chip it. And someone else will benefit from their purchase of those mats, too, rather then them disappearing into the abyss of an NPC. If you obtain a material that may make a piece, sell it and get closer to your goal.

Merchanting skills would definitely make this a lot easier to obtain. I'm not gonna say I'm the best to go to for merchanting advice, but stock up on gold, and when gold prices skyrocket again, sell it. Just don't do like I do and blow it as fast as you get it xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...when things collapse around you...
    ...they are merely falling into place...
  • nirn17
    nirn17 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Options

Um thats the thing about Warsoul weps, when you say before defences, well warsoul clearly states in the info that it IGNORES defence ripping threw it, so basically ud hit an r9 the same damage as if you where hitting a lvl 1 cleric that had no gears on.
  • Siana - Lothranis
    Siana - Lothranis Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Options
    nirn17 wrote: »
    Um thats the thing about Warsoul weps, when you say before defences, well warsoul clearly states in the info that it IGNORES defence ripping threw it, so basically ud hit an r9 the same damage as if you where hitting a lvl 1 cleric that had no gears on.

How do you guyz know that warsoul weaps do not take into account defence lvl and resistance? Where is it written?

I'm actually making a warsoul weapon btw (50 fragment of each for the moment, hurray me, and gl everyone \o/)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited December 2012
    Options
    Extra strength triple zombie thread?

Time to break out the big guns...
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.