Sign of the Times

amandisha74
amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I don't understand how come there are so many people with game issues and the company makes no effort at all to dispell, or elaborate on a single issue. The lack of communication is insane.

The Company has made no attempt to alliviate the players concern as to where this game is going. pages and pages and pages of people upset, irritated, confused. Come on an answer all ready.

Is this a sign of things to come for PWI. Is this game floating out to Roll the revenue to FW. Please for the love of gawd pwi tell us some stuff, good, or bad really dont matter so we know not to waist time beating a dead horse, or be pateint while you work through it, or Freaking somthing.

It is immoral, and unethical to lead people along like this, we put our faith in your product and dedicated a good amount of our resources wither it be time or money, to not even be respected well enough for the simplest of communications.

This IS a game related issue so don't depth this one or say it's off topic. We are players with realistic concerns that are getting NO answers.
Post edited by amandisha74 on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    I don't understand how come there are so many people with game issues and the company makes no effort at all to dispell, or elaborate on a single issue. The lack of communication is insane.

The Company has made no attempt to alliviate the players concern as to where this game is going. pages and pages and pages of people upset, irritated, confused. Come on an answer all ready.

Is this a sign of things to come for PWI. Is this game floating out to Roll the revenue to FW. Please for the love of gawd pwi tell us some stuff, good, or bad really dont matter so we know not to waist time beating a dead horse, or be pateint while you work through it, or Freaking somthing.

It is immoral, and unethical to lead people along like this, we put our faith in your product and dedicated a good amount of our resources wither it be time or money, to not even be respected well enough for the simplest of communications.

This IS a game related issue so don't depth this one or say it's off topic. We are players with realistic concerns that are getting NO answers.

I understand where you are coming from, but i think the GM's do try and fix/help with many things around here, and many things have gotten done because of them. How about you list all the issues that haven't received a GM response in this thread. (That goes for anyone else who's reading this as well)
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I understand where you are coming from, but i think the GM's do try and fix/help with many things around here, and many things have gotten done because of them. How about you list all the issues that haven't received a GM response in this thread. (That goes for anyone else who's reading this as well)

How about we list all issues that been fixed past few years :p would love to see those 2-3 arguments LMAO
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    not even going to bother Krisnda. in fact, why don't YOU go find the thread with all the issues (99.99999999999% of which are still screwed up) that i believe i saw stickied somewhere (and prolly still is but ignored).
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Issues:

Veno Swim Skill

Rubberbanding when Jumping/Falling

Falling through floor in TT 3-x

Getting Stuck in buildings in Tellus

Getting 1-50min delays entering CoA

blue Stun thing in DT

Broken Monthly/Yearly Race

Broken FC Trophy Mode

Scarlet Arena will be fixed in 1-2 weeks... What was that... 3 years ago?

Old Ruins still broken

Cube randomly booting ppl when in room 51+

Rebirth booting ppl when they die

hitting invisible Mobs in TT prevent bosses spawning

Most of the Mystic Skills are still Mysteries

Sage Spirit's Gift is clearly bugged

Sometimes doesnt give Nirvana Rally Stone

Sometimes doesnt take Nirvana Rally Stone

There are coin sellers selling coins on weekends cause they know gms dont work weekends

If u fly too high in OHT u get stuck in GROUND

I'm sure there are a ton of others, but people can add to the list
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The most important issue atm (removing of medal of glory) was in a thread that got unsticked. ijs
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think the bad thing about everything is that they're constantly adding new stuff without fixing the old things. So the bugs just pile up, while newer pointless content is introduced. Now that is what is annoying in my opinion. Also the dumb sales.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Issues:

Veno Swim Skill

Rubberbanding when Jumping/Falling

Falling through floor in TT 3-x

Getting Stuck in buildings in Tellus

Getting 1-50min delays entering CoA

blue Stun thing in DT

Broken Monthly/Yearly Race

Broken FC Trophy Mode

Scarlet Arena will be fixed in 1-2 weeks... What was that... 3 years ago?

Old Ruins still broken

Cube randomly booting ppl when in room 51+

Rebirth booting ppl when they die

hitting invisible Mobs in TT prevent bosses spawning

Most of the Mystic Skills are still Mysteries

Sage Spirit's Gift is clearly bugged

Sometimes doesnt give Nirvana Rally Stone

Sometimes doesnt take Nirvana Rally Stone

There are coin sellers selling coins on weekends cause they know gms dont work weekends

If u fly too high in OHT u get stuck in GROUND

I'm sure there are a ton of others, but people can add to the list

I meant issues that been SOLVED and not which are still there. There are mass of lists WITH problems, would just love to see one which been fixed lmao :p
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011

I lol'ed. There's already a thread to discuss issues like this, that has over 500+ bugs/glitches/exploits in the Technical Support section of these forums. There are over 500+ that have gone unfixed/unanswered.

I surely hope you weren't serious. Did you get paid to say this? In-game and ticket support are a joke. Do you know how many times they give auto-responses in tickets? They have a bot/machine that sits and gives auto-responses to ticket after ticket. The ticket's I've sent in the past, after 4-5 auto-responses, I get a human one. It states that the issue is known, and they are working on it.... That was just about two years ago. Those issues are still around.

I realize your a mod, and maybe you haven't been around the in-game community for as long as the vets of PWI. So I'm going to let you know a little thing that happens around PWI:
    Nothing is ever fixed here at PW. It's all about the cash. There is little, to no support. This go's for PWI, as well as PW-CN (China version).
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Is this game floating out to Roll the revenue to FW.

I'm not so sure about this part. I tried FW one day during maintenance and was sort of disappointed in it. There were some gameplay mechanics I thought were better than PWI - others I didn't like as much. What really bothered me about that game was that basically *everything* is bound to you once used, therefore you can't resell old gear/weapons etc - making it much harder to have a realistic economy in that game. Mob don't really drop real coins, but rather spirit coins or such. If people think making money is hard in this game - FW must be even harder to make money. or is even necessary? idk - didnt bother to play any longer than that one day lol.

but yeah, there certainly is a lot of stuff broken about PWI that hasn't been addressed. I'm not certain it will ever be in all honesty. Its not like the devs themselves get to make the call on what they code, that comes down to the corporate heads to decide. GMs and community managers are hopefully passing along these bug reports and such, but its not up to them what gets fixed. Its up to the corporation to decide to stop working on future expansions for a while and fix the old problems / implement aspects of the game that were intended to be in place since day 1.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • IDecision - Raging Tide
    IDecision - Raging Tide Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How about Guild base wars?
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    I do understand the mods position they are to control the forum.

But the GM's have direct contact<I would imagine>with corporate. So why are they always so silent. The GM's job is GAME MANAGMENT and part of game managment is reading what is idle QQ'ing and some major issue' people are quiting over. Then in turn make sure that realistic concerns are adressed and followed up on.

IF they have the power to change somthing spontanious, They Havent.

IF they cant change somthing they havn't bothered to drop us a note saying somthing like this:

"Guys This issue seems to be comming up more then it should I have discussed, will discuss this with XXXXX. Stay Tuned for any information I may find out."

Similarily for stuff that is going to effect your bottom line to much simply state:

"The medal will NOT be back in the dq rewards as it was intented to generate more revenue then it currantly was. We appologize and are working on somthing <not a stupid horse> that may help you along in your quest equally<like d'orb 1 star>.

We all understand a company has to make money but we also understand all to well when it is taken to far.

or course the above two statements are just examples of what a proper communication ine would look like.

I little honesty and communication would have made players much much more understanding. but the silence was defening, and generated a great deal of anger all by itself.

You Must care about this game enough to save it.

anyway that is my Biggest bug that needs to be addresss it this social thing saying gm's to good to talk to us or let us in on anything.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011

I think this was an honest attempt to start a ligitimate conversation, PRO very PRO. thanks krisnda.

So lets not skrew it up and go ahead and QQ but do it profesionaly
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011

So... you're saying nothing has changed in the last 2.5+ years? Good job for pointing out the obvious. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i like how super amazing and awesome the new mods are
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The one issue we got a solution for was the DQ points system... But even that peculiar addition is now a source of flame (the removal of medals, topic which I never was concerned about).

I'd really be happy if indeed we had a few (if not most or all, obviously) of the major glitches affecting core gameplay solved... Rubberbanding and unwanted PK in cube, etc. (c.f. Yhumy's list and the dedicated thread in the suggestions section), and secondly maybe an overhaul of old classes as in skill balancing and aesthetics (animation, skin update, etc.).

I can still dream about that, right? Even if maybe it will never be fixed. But hey.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This game is made in a communist country.

Do you really think that the devs in China are going to really care to fix something that doesn't completely break the game?

Yo dawg! I heard you like bugs, so I put some elastic in your PWI, so you can rubberband while you rubberband. b:bye
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This game is made in a communist country.

Do you really think that the devs in China are going to really care to fix something that doesn't completely break the game?

Yo dawg! I heard you like bugs, so I put some elastic in your PWI, so you can rubberband while you rubberband. b:bye

Here we go with fairly annoying country-related defamation again. It's kind of disheartening witnessing that, even as a poor joke.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Here we go with fairly annoying country-related defamation again. It's kind of disheartening witnessing that, even as a poor joke.

Actually she is right when it comes to "country".

I worked in china for a month and learned fast that if you give them an order you need to repeat it 3 times and hear from them 3 times a "yes" to make sure they will do it.

1st time hearing a yes from them means its not necessary (will never get done)
    2nd time hearing a yes from them means it needs to be done, but not now (try again in few weeks)
    3rd time hearing a yes from them means it needs to be done now (NOW)

It is their mentality. Chinese people are hardworking but hell ...they always need a whip otherwise nothing gets done.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'm going to be blatantly honest; I've never seen such an unhappy, unsatisfied playerbase in my time of playing MMO's--Not even in Bl1zzard...not in J@gex, not even Luca$arts, $quareEnix, @eriagames, GP0tato, @rtixentertainment...the list goes on.
    Heads up: Some of those companies aren't making HALF the money PWE is making. (Excluding Bl1zzard, Luca$arts, and $quareEnix, who are huge companies to begin with, and two out of the three had major franchises before releasing those MMOs.)

The Developing Team quite honestly has done nothing except fix bugs that were needed to gain more profit, and keep the game running....and then cover up the remaining bugs in glitter, fish, and pretty butterflies.

This game HAD the potential to be awesome. In fact, it WAS awesome back when it was first launching off. ....and then suddenly during (and slightly before) the Raging Tide expansion the company caught a contagious disease called "Not giving a sht."
    It's true, there's been bugs here since the very beginning that players pointed out. When the team said they'd fix it, we believed them, because they had never lied to us before, and they'd always addressed issues. So we were satisfied then. Nobody complained because you told us you'd fix it, and we believed you.

IT'S BEEN ALMOST THREE YEARS NOW.
    And those bugs are still not fixed. We don't believe anything you say now, because after being ignored of the most easy-to-fix and easily noted things, you've managed to **** off your players to the point where they honestly don't even like you anymore! People blame the GM's because they're the people who are supposed to be speaking to the staff!

And it's not just OUR version! Why do you think so many people have run from MS to here? The people I know who have been in that game say that there aren't even Hyper Stones in their version. If I read decent enough chinese, I bet those players would be just as unsatisfied (if not more) than our playerbase!

Nobody hardly knows what's going on with Genesis anymore. Half the things you told us were going to happen either haven't, or have been so stupidly overprices that it could make somebody vomit. (Guild Wars? Guild Bases? Runecrafting? Shoddy/Semi-Decent weapons for X-BILLION coins? I also love how you 'forgot' to mention how the new dances would cost us ten dollars....really smooth Frankie!)
    When we ask a question about it, the only person who answers is Sangodoc! Even SANGO doesn't know what the hell's going on! How are all the little people supposed to figure it out if the bloody wiki manager doesn't even know?!

Have you ever heard of the story of the boy who cried wolf?
    You're doing it. Like....right now. We cry "BUGS! THERE'S BUGS EVERYWHERE FIX THEM PLEASE!" Some of us more polite than others, some not so much. We point them out to not only make the game better for ourselves, but it also (should) be helping you learn from your mistakes...
    And you do nothing about it.
    Then you wonder why people are so pissed off all the time?

This game used to be that everybody could compete with everybody, no matter if they cash shopped or not. I understand that as paying members that keep this game running, they deserve to have an advantage, but come on, some of this stuff is stupidly powerful that it's not even funny anymore. I can't remember the last time I heard someone say they farmed their Warsoul items. That's because you're giving them away for a dollar! Why would I want to put time and effort into something when I can be lazy and pay for it! You just gave away something that player A, who has been playing this game for years and worked hard for....to player B who spent a dollar on a pack.
    There's no logic in that; there's not even the SLIGHTEST consideration for the player A. All you seem to care about is:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$

This isn't about that however, it's about the sheer lack of support, feedback, or anything at all when someone gives a legit complaint about something that needs to be fixed.

All that money you're getting from these almost weekly sales, and those bugs aren't fixed. All that money, and it seems like it's vanishing into thin air. But you sure the hell can manage to make an entirely new game, for a company who can't fix bugs for some reason! I wonder what THAT's all about.

[/inb4QQerscomeQQingaboutpeoplepointingoutlegitproblems]
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • JohnnysAss - Sanctuary
    JohnnysAss - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Trolled by a mod, thats new
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you know your addicted when you say..there are no bugs in this game.

guys sthu its just a damn game just play,lol i never stress over some damn bugs.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you know your addicted when you say..there are no bugs in this game.

guys sthu its just a damn game just play,lol i never stress over some damn bugs.
    [/inb4QQerscomeQQingaboutpeoplepointingoutlegitproblems]

Called it.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I meant issues that been SOLVED and not which are still there. There are mass of lists WITH problems, would just love to see one which been fixed lmao :p

/5char
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2011

You are one of the trollier mods we've seen in a while. How about you list resolved issues with a satisfactory resolution by GMs? That would be easier and will take up less space.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thing is, a few years ago, there was a thread asking that they stop adding new content for a month or so and instead, concentrate on bug fixes. I believe that the response was that devs are working on both based on some sort of planned schedule and if there were bugs, they would eventually get fixed during content update.

Now, its true that 4 out of 5 bugs are fixed, priority goes to bugs involving economy, but that 1/5 bugs that are put off till later tends to build up, which is the problem. And newer bugs have priority over older bugs since players have partially gotten around those bugs.

Some bug fixes cause other bugs however, an example is the skill sage piercing wind. Used to not save spark ever. Afterwards, it was ninja fixed. But during the fix, the bleed dmg was dropped by 3/4 by accident. Overall, by fixing one bug, they created another.

Now this only happens like 1 in every 10-15 bugs fixed? Still adds up to the 1/5 bugs that are put off to later...

Another problem, Scarlet Arena and Jungle Ruins.

Jungle Ruins was fixed eventually. Ya, the estimated time was off by a few months/years but they got it fixed. Now, waiting mostly for Scarlet Arena to get fixed.

I remember it was said it would only take 1 week, 2 at most? I tend to consider 1-2 weeks as 7-14 days.... I might be wrong though.