Path Finding System.

hamdalla
hamdalla Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
The current path finding system has many bugs and usually the character stop in the middle of the way because of a tree or a building.
That's because the path finding system uses straight lines between the character and the target point.
Here is a picture to show you what i mean:-
2011-04-2011-48-47.jpg

I suggest a new pat finding system that will fix this problem by skipping the obstacles.
Just like the one in Battle of the Immortals (which is a game that PWE owns and have the codes and rights to use it's system).
Here is a picture to show you the new system:-
2011-4-20_11-5-27.jpg
I love to help newbs!

Add me Snovv (Abyss server)
Post edited by hamdalla on

Comments

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i haven't played battle of the immortals. but does it have flying mounts? if not then you can'y compere the two. you can just fly at the highest and go where you want to go.

i will admit that the pathfinding like they have in their newer games would be nice, imagine hopping on my super fast landmount and auto pathing where i want to go instead of the super slow flying mounts>_>.
  • hamdallah
    hamdallah Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1) Sorry but Battle of the Immortals doesn't have flying mounts, so you are right about that point, we can't compare between flying path finding and land path finding.

2) But at least the developers of Perfect World International can use the new path finding system for the land mounts/walking/running, and for the flying path finding they can keep using the current system.

3) Yes, it would be extremely nice if we can use smart path finding on fast land mounts, instead flying using slow wings or other flying stuff.

Thank you for the reply.
  • Sanguinor - Lost City
    Sanguinor - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I agree that Perfect World need a new path finding system.
  • Razikeal - Raging Tide
    Razikeal - Raging Tide Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you've ever played forsaken world and then u come back here...the auto path just sucks compared to fw. I also think that the on ground auto path should be more like fw where it goes around objects instead of having to go in a straight line. a good friend of mine will not get back on pwi because of this no matter how hard i plead and beg her to play with me lol
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Not sure how difficult to implement, but if they added waypoints to the pathing system, I would be happy. Then I could select my own path and mostly follow a road, rather than be stuck with the single straight line.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • HamdallaII - Dreamweaver
    HamdallaII - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First, I would like to thank you all for the replying.

Yes, this straight line path sucks, else I wouldn't suggest the new path finding system, so strange that all the other games PWE own have the new system except PWI which is the main game and the first.

It's not that difficult because they already have the system codes, and we only ask for land smart path finding system ... forget about the flying one ... It's hard ... but maybe later they can make a smart flying path finding ... that would be amazing.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First, I would like to thank you all for the replying.

Yes, this straight line path sucks, else I wouldn't suggest the new path finding system, so strange that all the other games PWE own have the new system except PWI which is the main game and the first.

It's not that difficult because they already have the system codes, and we only ask for land smart path finding system ... forget about the flying one ... It's hard ... but maybe later they can make a smart flying path finding ... that would be amazing.

we can't say for sure how difficult it is to add to the game. PWI is one massive map as oppose to the other games who, corrct me if i'm wrong cos i only played FW and JD, have parts of their map broken down so u need to tele into anothe rterriroy in the map. i would imine having to put the way point on such a wide a expanse would be a pain.

as for why the other game have it and PWI doesn't? i think they made it some time after PW was made.

flying auto path? not needed y zig zag all over a path with you can go in a stright line? no the smart path finding would only be valid on land. hell that may be why it's not added. who knows? maybe it could mess with flying system even.
  • HamdallaII - Dreamweaver
    HamdallaII - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, can't say how difficult it is, and yes mostly the new path finding system was released after PWI, but they have it now they must work on putting it in PWI.

About flying path finding system ... when you fly at a low height you may have some objects in the way like buildings or trees ... even at a high height there are very few large tree that goes for 50-60 height and it should be easy to make the path turn around them because they are very few and don't need much work, that's what i meant by "smart flying system".

Thanks for the reply.