Cute Characters ><!

Options

Comments

• FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    thats the classic look of the characters from china and japan, very anime. they tend to do them with that kind of head, and long thin bodies. as for how to do it, i really dont know, sorry. the advanced makeover scroll does unlock additional controls, and you might be able to do it with that. my daughter did something like that by accident with one, a while back.

Anyone good at customizing chars? x.x if so can anyone help me? D: im in pwi (sanctuary server)
    i was hoping if i could get a similar look like this

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/5590/attachmento.png

I LOVE IT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Klinsy - Dreamweaver
    Klinsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't call that anime. I'd call that a Barbie Doll.

Most anime characters have some meat on their bones at least, save for some CLAMP-inspired characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Barges in*

Well, everyone is free to create anything (just watch out for GMs if you ever do something shady like .ini editing... I love to report fools, myself, lol) but yeah, I guess I would never want to create a character like that.

Dollfies and other dolls like that tend to make me uncomfortable, sometimes creeped out (like others said, it's not about the face so much, but their overall appearance and gloominess), but again, if it does reach success, it is for a reason.

As for myself, I am used to anime character looks since I was a kid, even what people call the bug-eyed characters.

As for the picture Melora linked to (http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3158/1302307291114.png for those who are too lazy, lol), that made my day. In my opinion, 1 is a realistic face, 2 to 4 I rather like for anime characters, 5 to 6 is aimed at pure cuteness, 7 is my limit in liking and 8 to 9 I consider funny/creepy caricatures of characters. That said, nothing scares me more than Betty Boop. The horror she is...!!

But to return to the main subject, I would never go 'The goggles, they do nothing!!' or 'kill it with fire!' but yeah, this kind of design is just not my cup of tea. On top of that, Perfect World is not really originally designed to create anime-style, including chibi, SD, or doll-like characters.

To ToxehHeals: I hope you find someone that will give you a good result. Good luck!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    *Barges in*

Well, everyone is free to create anything (just watch out for GMs if you ever do something shady like .ini editing... I love to report fools, myself, lol) but yeah, I guess I would never want to create a character like that.

Dollfies and other dolls like that tend to make me uncomfortable, sometimes creeped out (like others said, it's not about the face so much, but their overall appearance and gloominess), but again, if it does reach success, it is for a reason.

As for myself, I am used to anime character looks since I was a kid, even what people call the bug-eyed characters.

As for the picture Melora linked to (http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3158/1302307291114.png for those who are too lazy, lol), that made my day. In my opinion, 1 is a realistic face, 2 to 4 I rather like for anime characters, 5 to 6 is aimed at pure cuteness, 7 is my limit in liking and 8 to 9 I consider funny/creepy caricatures of characters. That said, nothing scares me more than Betty Boop. The horror she is...!!

But to return to the main subject, I would never go 'The goggles, they do nothing!!' or 'kill it with fire!' but yeah, this kind of design is just not my cup of tea. On top of that, Perfect World is not really originally designed to create anime-style, including chibi, SD, or doll-like characters.

To ToxehHeals: I hope you find someone that will give you a good result. Good luck!

Agreed... ESO (another pwe game) has amazingly cutesy and giant eyed characters, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Agreed... ESO (another pwe game) has amazingly cutesy and giant eyed characters, lol.

Ether Saga? Yes indeed. That said, the whole game is based on cuteness and light-hearted ambience.
    Some want cuteness in a realistic-looking one like PWI. I am glad there is such a rich customization in it (even if I have encountered some abominations -there is no other term for it, a mix that makes a character look barely human; and sorry flamers, even what ToxehHeals looks for still looks rather ok I guess-), but again, you can find some *ahem* surprising results.

Oh well *shrugs*, freedom of expression, right? As long as it does not end offensive.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    some of them look like a hairless chihuahua =o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Feed the starved children!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //ayne - Harshlands12
    //ayne - Harshlands12 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Anyone good at customizing chars? x.x if so can anyone help me? D: im in pwi (sanctuary server)

I LOVE IT b:dirty

Is she anorexic?
    Sorry, if I offended anybody, but seriously.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I saw This looking over my shoulder while reading this thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    ColdSnow - Dreamweaver Posts: 983 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I LOVE IT b:dirty

..Thats the ugliest thing/moth/fly i have ever seen in my life...

Edit: o.o and i do like anime but this doesnt look like any at all....its a moth! D:
    If i m trolling and spamming on forum...then i cant sleep and need a good laugh
  • Halleaon - Heavens Tear
    Halleaon - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Sorry, i'm not that great at editing that sort of character myself. She is sort of pretty in a odd sort of way though, I can see why you might like that sort of character though I prefer more natural looking ones myself, for example my seeker.
  • Honourless - Heavens Tear
    Honourless - Heavens Tear Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What is the big fascination in kiddie looking toons with big eyes,used to be some asian culture but its like a virus thats spread all over the globe....

You want cute?Get a puppy,stop ogling what look like **** aliens
    How to be pro at all recent COD games,lay claymore behind you at exit to room,lie down and shoot anyone coming in front door,rinse and repeat.
    Host advantage get you killed?Never fear,with a 50% chance of spawning in behind your killer revenge will surely be yours.
    Can't aim for ****?Never fear.aim assist and cursor magnetism!
    Best of all,after a few kills the game will play itself and bump your k/d to new highs with its killstreaks system!
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What is the big fascination in kiddie looking toons with big eyes,used to be some asian culture but its like a virus thats spread all over the globe....

You want cute?Get a puppy,stop ogling what look like **** aliens

Maybe we have different tastes.

I know I've always been aesthetically intrigued by things others may commonly put down as ugly simply because they are unusual or different or strange.

The common, plain standard of beauty can bore me.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Maybe we have different tastes.

I know I've always been aesthetically intrigued by things others may commonly put down as ugly simply because they are unusual or different or strange.

The common, plain standard of beauty can bore me.

but...but...its a fly! no matter how you look at it, tho its not borring but...its a fly! b:shutup who likes flies? D:
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    but...but...its a fly! no matter how you look at it, tho its not borring but...its a fly! b:shutup who likes flies? D:

Frogs ;o
    edited April 2011
    Options

explain to me how it is a fly. Simply having big eyes does not make something automatically a fly.
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    explain to me how it is a fly. Simply having big eyes does not make something automatically a fly.

then name me anything else than a fly that looks simular to it ish cute >.>
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options

...no offense but thats an ugly kitten O_O -runs-
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I suppose you just think its a really furry fly you heartless D:
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I suppose you just think its a really furry fly you heartless D:

QQ i like furrys...they are fluffy...if you want to compare it to a kitten..then this one

>.< run for your life
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hey. Don't hate him cuz he's beautiful.
    and the way I see it, human nature naturally makes us think something with big eyes and a small nose and mouth is cute. It's kind of a parental instinct type thing.

Therefore everyone who insists those chars look like freaks is unnatural >:D
  • ColdSnow - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hey. Don't hate him cuz he's beautiful.

D: omg! something tells me, we will never be shopping buddies! QQ
    edited April 2011
    Options

shopping? I never take part in such boring activities. I go in, get what I want and get out.
    the fact that i still manage to look good b:cute

.....is just a testament to my good taste
  • hydrolace
    hydrolace Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

This made me smile, just had to quote it for that.

People have different tastes. If we didn't we'd all look the same and this perfect world would be increasingly boring. If you don't someone's char don't click on them and turn off customs when by them.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some people like the doll look, others (like me) prefer the more... mature look.

I mean, OP COULD be asking to look cute like THIS instead... .____. Then I would be worried.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i like furrys

So cold snow likes furries and Jeremied likes Mature...

I suppose this is proof that we all have our varying tastes, I'm not gonna criticize, To each their own...
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Some people like the doll look, others (like me) prefer the more... mature look.

I mean, OP COULD be asking to look cute like THIS instead... .____. Then I would be worried.

Urk! My eyes... No!!! (Edit: the second one I mean)
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

That readhead makes me think of Zaranda from Infinite Undiscovery.

I would love to have my veno look that gorgeous. unfortunately, the perfect pigtails are Tideborn only hairstyle
This discussion has been closed.