Herc/Nix Ticket tradable?

Options
_Skai_ - Raging Tide
_Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Well, this is the first time Hercs and Nix tickets actually came as a reward from a pack.

I just bought 5, and the first one I open is a Herc.

Now I'm wondering..

It says this:

herc

But it's tradable, and you can put it in a catshop.

I'm wondering, is it an "exploit" if we sell it? Considering it's a "not-tradable" item, when it obviously is.

If it is an exploit, then what do I do with 2 hercs on my veno?! b:shocked
[SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
Post edited by _Skai_ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Herc and Nix tickets are trade-able, the eggs are not. It is not an exploit.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I see..

But I'd really like a GM to weigh in on this. Particularly frankie, because he was the one who made sure it was clear what was bannable, and what was not.

If it is indeed okay to sell the tickets, then I will do so. But if it is considered an exploit and is bannable, I will not sell it.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh it can be traded even tho it says it can't?
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    well if you could get something from a pack such as a herc and can't trade it what would be the point if your not a veno? It's not an exploit stuff from packs are tradeable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The ticket itself is able to be traded. The only reason it even has the message about the pet being untradeable is people may accidentally right-click the ticket otherwise, and be stuck with the egg.
  • Jenovadeath - Lost City
    Jenovadeath - Lost City Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ppl have bought batlle pet packs in the past and gotten the tickets and sold them previously to this so it shouldnt be bannable its the pet egg that can't be traded even though I wish they could see no reason why they shouldnt be lots of players feel like the herc isn't worth it anymore and would probably like to sell it me included.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The ticket itself is able to be traded. The only reason it even has the message about the pet being untradeable is people may accidentally right-click the ticket otherwise, and be stuck with the egg.

Which is why the eggs should also be trade-able.

*hint* *hint*
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    :D thanks everyone!
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    >.> Still want a GM answer though.
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »

You are kidding me, I think this is clear enough ..Ticket IS tradable, egg once received auto-bounds to your char...And you still want a answer form a "GM" b:shocked
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    >.> Still want a GM answer though.

The tickets have always been tradeable.

It's just like all of the event items from regular packs that you exchange for untradeable items.... ie. wing trophy.

If they wanted to give you an untradeable herc they would have put the egg in the pack and not the ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like the first bit: "...buy 5 and I get a herc...." good luck with that = try 500
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The tickets have always been tradeable.

It's just like all of the event items from regular packs that you exchange for untradeable items.... ie. wing trophy.

If they wanted to give you an untradeable herc they would have put the egg in the pack and not the ticket.

^^This

The main reason selling the Jones Blessing is bannable is the ticket for it normally disappears right after picking it up from your mail. Since this isn't the case here, you will not be banned for selling the pet egg ticket.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @MageMERC: I did buy 5 and got a herc.. On the first one too.

And to rephrase what I meant to ask: I want to know if it's bannable selling an item that says "not tradable" on it.

But it's been cleared up. Thanks everyone.
    edited April 2011
    Options
    @MageMERC: I did buy 5 and got a herc.. On the first one too.

And to rephrase what I meant to ask: I want to know if it's bannable selling an item that says "not tradable" on it.

But it's been cleared up. Thanks everyone.

Ohh I see the confusion. The ticket explains that the pet it makes cannot be traded. The ticket itself can be traded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Wizziie - Harshlands
    Wizziie - Harshlands Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    then may i ask why the ** you let people waste money couple weeks ago with ur fking battle pet pack sale?
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    then may i ask why the ** you let people waste money couple weeks ago with ur fking battle pet pack sale?

To make proffit?
    Just a wild guess
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    With perfect chests (.2% chance to get a herc, .2% chance to get a nix) at 50 silver, you'd spend on average 125 gold to get a legendary pet, and not the one of your choice. With battle pet packs on sale at 25 silver like they were a few weeks ago (average of 26.8 SoF or PF per pack), you'd spend on average a little over 93 gold to get enough combined SoF and PF for a pet, and (thanks to the quests at the Pet Manager to swap SoF and PF), you get to choose which one you get... and the bell curve on that is a lot narrower than the one for the perfect chests. (You won't get an instant nix/herc from battle pet packs like you could perfect chests, but if you open enough battle pet packs, you're guaranteed to get a herc/nix... you could open perfect chests until the cows come home and never get a herc/nix ticket if your luck is bad.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You forgot to subtract the value of OTHER monitary gains such as gems from your total price.

If you open 125$ worth of packs, and get 80m worth of items from the packs like flawless and emmac shards. then the value of the hurc/nix is actually alot less.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    80 million worth of swag from 125 gold worth of packs? Dream on. Using 10k as the token price to make the shards, 15k for mirages, 1k for perfect stones, 1 million for the flyers, 10 million for the dalmation, and 50 million for the legendary pets, I got an average payout for 250 packs (125 gold worth) of a bit over 7 million.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    Options
    80 million worth of swag from 125 gold worth of packs? Dream on. Using 10k as the token price to make the shards, 15k for mirages, 1k for perfect stones, 1 million for the flyers, 10 million for the dalmation, and 50 million for the legendary pets, I got an average payout for 250 packs (125 gold worth) of a bit over 7 million.

Missed a zero maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    More like bad methodology... taking the sum of the (values multiplied by the chance to get that prize) rather than the average, I get about 119 million as the cumulative average swag value for 250 packs... which may or may not include a herc or nix ticket.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.