[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • kepi117
    kepi117 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Or it pretty much refers to all classes, thought specificly Im asking about sins.....

I fail to see why this is a sin only question, as the answer could pertain to other classes .-.

/postpaddingwithuselessanswersFTW
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Turqoise.
  • Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary
    Cyb_kairu - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    kepi117 wrote: »
    Or it pretty much refers to all classes, thought specificly Im asking about sins.....

I fail to see why this is a sin only question, as the answer could pertain to other classes .-.

/postpaddingwithuselessanswersFTW

man this guy completely sucks. "nirv daggers" . . . . daggers . . . . a sin only weapon . . . . sin forum is a given. idk how nirvana daggers pertains to another or "it pretty much refers to all classes" when it's a specific class item. man if it was -int question in general it'd still only pertain to a few, and not all. but the fact of the matter is you asked about a particular weapon going to just that class, hence the forum mention of the class in question. sheesh if your gonna make an argument about it being all classes, you should have just said -int classes, in which case it would still fail since it's daggers which are 1.25 aps where as the other int users are 1.43 base.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Magic shards only work for magic attacks, which Assassins do not have. Same applies to Archers, Barbarians, BMs and Seekers.

Elemental Shards do not get buffed by your stats nor your skills, so they lose to a decent shard.

Garnet/Sapphire in weapon only. Sapphire for Wizard, Psychic, Cleric, Wizard, Venomancer and Mystic, Garnet for Archer, Barbarian, Blademaster, Seeker and Assassin.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Magic shards only work for magic attacks, which Assassins do not have. Same applies to Archers, Barbarians, BMs and Seekers.

Elemental Shards do not get buffed by your stats nor your skills, so they lose to a decent shard.

Garnet/Sapphire in weapon only. Sapphire for Wizard, Psychic, Cleric, Wizard, Venomancer and Mystic, Garnet for Archer, Barbarian, Blademaster, Seeker and Assassin.

Don't believe this guy, he's got no idea what he's talking about. Boogiepanda had it right.
  • kepi117
    edited April 2011
    Or you could try the assassin forum...

Mkay, this is what I thought. I was recently told otherwise, just wanted to double check. Thanks ^^

As for the brainless people, this was a question pertaining to the F2P 2 socket nirvy daggers I just bought my gf. But the answer itself pertained to my F2P 5.0 bm. I have garnet but if elemental was better I'd switch over.

Is it really that hard?

/failtrollsFTW
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How do you think daggers are related to all classes..? Sins are the only class that can use them... >.>
    Now who are you calling brainless again? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011

True, to a certain extent.

Putting a Sapphire in a Bow, however, will enhance the fire damage an Archer does from setting their hand on fire.

This is why I put an Earth gem in a spare bow I had, for FCC. I actually did an FCC run with the bow unsharded, and was doing an average of 700-800 damage per hit. With a single G10 Earth shard in it, it boosted damage to 900-1050 per hit. Two flawless in a similar weapon only does 800-950 damage, and the two flawless garnets cost more than the Earth G10 shard cost me.

I also have resharded my Wind and Clouds with two perfect warter shards. I use it against fire mobs, again, it's situational. It boosted the damage output considerably on that weapon, and I can pull aggro on, say, Drake, with 2-3 shots now, even with a good barb. Aggro Ping Pong happens if I'm not tanking.

Anyway... I prefer to use Garnets/Sapphires in weapons. I just had... Several extra toys for Archer I decided to play with. Several are bound, so...

I also had a Sakyamuni's Light with two Garnet shards in it. Was a very very nice weapon for Fox Form. However, the stupid, STUPID expensive repairs and low overall DPS caused me to drop that idea (even with high refines, it just... Sucked). But Garnets made a huge difference in that setup. Having to spend 200k a day on that freaking sword repairing it wasn't worth it. It was like... Each attack dropped the durability by 0.1, so 10 attacks was a durability point. I would go into a TT 1-3 with a fully repaired Sakyamuni's Light, and come out with it having 3 durability points left, and having switched to my backup ancient arbor towards the end.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    F*ck it, go full magic + robe while you're at it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Putting a Sapphire in a Bow, however, will enhance the fire damage an Archer does from setting their hand on fire.

No it wouldn't. Blazing arrow adds XX% of weapon attack as fire damage. Sapphire does not affect the weapon damage of a bow.
  • kepi117
    edited April 2011
    How do you think daggers are related to all classes..? Sins are the only class that can use them... >.>
    Now who are you calling brainless again? b:bye
    But the answer itself pertained to my F2P 5.0 bm. I have garnet but if elemental was better I'd switch over.
    brainless

b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    - int one 2 socket.....garnet gems or g12 magic gems? :o
    In english?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @Rawrgh

I think translation would lead to:

If I had the Nirvana Daggers with -int on them (Barrier Thorn Nirvana being the first) with 2 sockets in it, should I shard it with Garnet Gems, or Icebourne Stones?
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • kepi117
    edited April 2011
    -int one, 2 socket....better? :o

And _Skai_ refering to elemental shards >_>;

people on the forums arent the brightest of pwi QQ
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    @Rawrgh

I think translation would lead to:

If I had the Nirvana Daggers with -int on them (Barrier Thorn Nirvana being the first) with 2 sockets in it, should I shard it with Garnet Gems, or Icebourne Stones?

b:surprised damn you're good! b:thanks

EDIT: I finally thought I understand thanks to you, but that illusion was made undone meanwhile LMAO
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011

people on the forums arent the brightest of pwi QQ

Really? You are asking us if you should put "magic shards" in a melee weapon and we are not the brightest of PWI?
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you people been trolled by the window shopper,

and he did a good job

*sigh*
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lmfao, troll with butchered grammar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.