Do you think the original classes need an upgrade?

anonymouswizzie
anonymouswizzie Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Ok so we all know that there has been 2 new races added to the game, and personally i think all of the older races need an upgrade. I'm not specifically talking about in terms of skills or damage (even though i think we need that too), but more-so in how we look. Were pretty generic. Example we all hav the same skin for our rank 8 gear as opposed to the tideborns and e.gaurd. Our skills are way less flashy and we just seem outdated all over the place. Ive been playing my wizz since october of 2008 and have several alts and i still feel that the older classes need an upgrade. So gimme ur opionions on this and lemme know what u think. :)
Post edited by anonymouswizzie on

Comments

• Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No thank you. I kinda need the crappy graphics for my slow computer b:surrender
    Though it would be nice if R8 didn't look like TT90 b:sad
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dunno why they keep making new classes more OP than the last. Do they want the original 6 to die? b:bye
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Been discussed numerous amount of times, I voted they should be upgraded graphics wise, but the Beijing devs are to lazy, just as stupid as the fact that old classes cant use TB/EG hair and vice versa.

I dunno why they keep making new classes more OP than the last. Do they want the original 6 to die? b:bye

Already kinda been happening, the old classes going ****, i like seekers and mystics, I think the fish were just a drunken idea from the devs. *random cool bear wave*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Graphics-wise I couldn't give a flying rats ***.
    Skill wise, yes we need upgrades very badly.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    with all the rank 9 and jones bm's and barbs could use a slight upgrade

tiger leap and leap back need to be fixed so they dont glitch 50% of the damn time and bm/barb skills could use a upgrade on range so people cant just run/ fly out of stuns and hits...something along the lines of sin/seeker skill range

do that and nerf sins/psys and the games rebalanced
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    with all the rank 9 and jones bm's and barbs could use a slight upgrade

tiger leap and leap back need to be fixed so they dont glitch 50% of the damn time and bm/barb skills could use a upgrade on range so people cant just run/ fly out of stuns and hits...something along the lines of sin/seeker skill range

do that and nerf sins/psys and the games rebalanced

not nerfing aps will leave most unsatisfied.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    We do need updates in some areas.
    In wizards for instance, our DoTs are nothing compared to psy DoT.

And let's not forget that 90% of all original 6 lvl 100 skills are a joke.

I had heard that we would be getting a skill update come the genesis expansion, but it seems it was only rumors.

Though they still haven't given us the entire genesis expansion apparently, so maybe it will come in the future.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    not nerfing aps will leave idiots who cant make a damn farming alt unsatisfied.

fixed, GL killing an arcane that actually put as much coin into you into the game, if anythign 5 aps helped balance bm/barbs total inability to kill a well geared player
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Original class upgrades come in the form of exclusive genie skills. None of the new classes have those. So no, they are not going to get anything.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Original class upgrades come in the form of exclusive genie skills. None of the new classes have those. So no, they are not going to get anything.

The new classes weren't around back then and almost all of those "exclusive genie skills" are **** anyways, so it's not really an upgrade. Your argument is invalid.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    The new classes weren't around back then and almost all of those "exclusive genie skills" are **** anyways, so it's not really an upgrade. Your argument is invalid.

really only the bm/barb ones are worthwhile

that said solid sheild and TE are ungodly geni skills
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    fixed, GL killing an arcane that actually put as much coin into you into the game, if anythign 5 aps helped balance bm/barbs total inability to kill a well geared player

QFT, don't complain about a PvP class not being able to PvE as well as everyone else
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    QFT, don't complain about a PvP class not being able to PvE as well as everyone else

Me thinks you confusled yourself in your mighty QQ rage, i doubt you were around when every bm was axe and magefood.

Meles do fine with high end gear in 1v1 and small group pvp once our def finnaly begins to catch up to the damage taken, the issue is the games glithy as hell mele skill system. Its litteraly impossible to hit an oponent with a skill designated "mele" unless your on top ot them and they either run into your attack range or are slowed/frozen.

Over time we've learned to compensate but the inibility to HIT a mele oponent with a mele skill is still infuriateing, more so in the air where a target is litteraly invulnerable untill they stand still.

Go try playing a bm/barb and try to honestly say the above isnt true.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    truekossy wrote: »

Who's to say they weren't planning for the tideborn classes when they released genies? New classes don't just appear out of thin air overnight.

And have you seen those charms in guild bases? All wiz only with mana recovery and purify. They're so totally ignoring old classes.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • Flickerfae - Sanctuary
    Flickerfae - Sanctuary Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd be happy if they just made our meditation graphics as cool as the TB's and EG's. I guess I'm superficial like that. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Ignoring my main for alts since early '09
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, yes, a thousand times YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! b:cryb:cryb:cry
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I'd be happy if they just made our meditation graphics as cool as the TB's and EG's. I guess I'm superficial like that. b:surrender

I agree. >.< And the whole armor look should be revamped I think too to have a different look for each class, but have the same stats as originally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Arielielle - Sanctuary
    Arielielle - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cant log back into anonymous so gonna use my acct lol forgot my usename for it but anywho. guys i didnt want this to become a thread with a bunch of fighting about skills or whos op or not. i was pretty much just talkin about looks-wise. So no fighting plz :)
    10/08 Wizard
    11/08 Veno
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    not really the new skills are so glareingly shiny that they look entirely out of place in pwi
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2011
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Lol at the demon fist BMs calling themselves only PvE builds...

l2frigginplayclassoutsideof3sparkandautoattackijs
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    brent40 wrote: »
    Lol at the demon fist BMs calling themselves only PvE builds...

l2frigginplayclassoutsideof3sparkandautoattackijs

hmmmm? where did anyone says that?

bad troll bad, go under your bridge to write bad poetry and listen to "angsty" music
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I want my bow to actually point in the direction I fire my arrow...
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    only 2 changes :

1 - make bramble work in PK again
    2 - give it to the original 6 classes as a skill

and then I'll watch obvious under geared sins QQ and laugh b:laugh
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    hmmmm? where did anyone says that?

bad troll bad, go under your bridge to write bad poetry and listen to "angsty" music
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Joshcja - Sanctuary

I'd rather jam to jessica black..
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    brent40 wrote: »
    I'd rather jam to jessica black..

Jessica black? u mean rebecca black?
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i would like some aesthetic changes like exclusive looks for Rank 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 armor and weapons as well as more vivid colors and animations on skills , especially wiz archer and cleric. other than that , (maybe an anti stun for wizzies) , rest are fine.

People who QQ about not being able to kill others in PK should learn to play first. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ok so we all know that there has been 2 new races added to the game, and personally i think all of the older races need an upgrade. I'm not specifically talking about in terms of skills or damage (even though i think we need that too), but more-so in how we look. Were pretty generic. Example we all hav the same skin for our rank 8 gear as opposed to the tideborns and e.gaurd. Our skills are way less flashy and we just seem outdated all over the place. Ive been playing my wizz since october of 2008 and have several alts and i still feel that the older classes need an upgrade. So gimme ur opionions on this and lemme know what u think. :)

Yes, upgrade's should have happen ages ago. Graphic-wise, the original 6 classes fail in comparison to the TB/EG classes. Skills aren't up to par w/ today's in-game dymanics (attack level, defense level, etc), not as flashy, and bugged (archer AoE, barb Arma killing user in duels when used w/ low HP, etc). The TB/EG cities are graphically intense. They don't even look like part of the same game. Look @ Lost city, then TB city. The TB city looks like a new game, when comparing it to the old cities.

Barb's need Flesh ream upgraded to handle things like attack/defense levels, 5aps, -90+ channeling, 70%+ crit, etc. Barb's also should be able to have more customization, as well as use head fash.

When it comes down to it, the only two classes I see possibly completely dying out are the Seeker/Mystic. Neither have any "good" qualities, and thus most players after reaching 100+, went back to their main's. There will always be more BMs/Sins around the server, than any class. Most Barb's have re-rolled, or restat to 5aps. Cleric's will forever always be a main part of the game (even though end-game w/ a 5aps bp squad, they aren't needed). Caster classes like Psy's, Wizzys, Veno's, and even the Archer - all will survive for TW/PK. Archer's being the only one that can use end-game bows, along w/ end-game claws/fists + 5aps.

The game is what it is. Sadly, the older the game gets, the more you begin to notice it's flaws. Thing's do need to be upgraded. It won't happen.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yes, upgrade's should have happen ages ago. Graphic-wise, the original 6 classes fail in comparison to the TB/EG classes. Skills aren't up to par w/ today's in-game dymanics (attack level, defense level, etc), not as flashy, and bugged (archer AoE, barb Arma killing user in duels when used w/ low HP, etc). The TB/EG cities are graphically intense. They don't even look like part of the same game. Look @ Lost city, then TB city. The TB city looks like a new game, when comparing it to the old cities.

agree

Barb's need Flesh ream upgraded to handle things like attack/defense levels, 5aps, -90+ channeling, 70%+ crit,
    no way , some complain with 35 crit and 50 chan is sometimes buggy , we dont need more
    etc. Barb's also should be able to have more customization, as well as use head fash.

a panda with a mohawk or other hair , no just no

When it comes down to it, the only two classes I see possibly completely dying out are the Seeker/Mystic. Neither have any "good" qualities, and thus most players after reaching 100+, went back to their main's. There will always be more BMs/Sins around the server, than any class. Most Barb's have re-rolled, or restat to 5aps. Cleric's will forever always be a main part of the game (even though end-game w/ a 5aps bp squad, they aren't needed). Caster classes like Psy's, Wizzys, Veno's, and even the Archer - all will survive for TW/PK. Archer's being the only one that can use end-game bows, along w/ end-game claws/fists + 5aps.

The game is what it is. Sadly, the older the game gets, the more you begin to notice it's flaws. Thing's do need to be upgraded. It won't happen.
    in green
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Have you ever even SEEN a barb with a mohawk? you hardly even notice it >.>" + it wont show up in tigger form, so 90% of the time when you squad with a barb you won't even see it at all O_o;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker