Mystic HP buff overwrites ours?

Auralina - Sanctuary
Auralina - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Cleric
I was in FCC with a lv83 mystic friend last nite, and noticed my HP regen buff kept dropping off squad. She was using her HP buffs on us (I'm not an expert on those). It appears that her HP regen buffs were overwriting my squad HP regen buffs? It seemed kind of odd to have to rebuff HP/MP regen during bosses lol (but I did cuz I can't stand the lack of little red icons with lonely blue ones left behind, I feel like a bad cleric). If we are overwriting each other, then which HP buffs are preferred when u have both a cleric and a mystic in squad? Hate to waste mana if we keep throwing our buffs on lol. I didn't see anything related to this specifically in the mystic forum section either...

Wow, my first start of a forum thread. b:heart
Post edited by Auralina - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ttkitty1
    ttkitty1 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i really dont know if is the mystic buff, cause i was in a bh59 and happen the same thing. rebuff after 10 minuts hp buff desapeear only mana remains.
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh - hp/mp regen buff - confused me for a second.

It most likely does overwrite, if it follows true to form for this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I am sorry, are we talking about Falling Petals? Vital Herb?
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    I think it was Vital Herb and/or Healing Herb....
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dont think any Mystic buff overwrites the regen buff of Clerics. Vital Herb regen has its own Buff Icon, and i use that all the time without overwriting buffs. Healing Herb doesnt buff anything, it just heals.

however, there is a Genie skill that does this. (Tai Chi) maybe someone tried to be kind and assist the squad with that and overwrote your buff?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I dont think any Mystic buff overwrites the regen buff of Clerics. Vital Herb regen has its own Buff Icon, and i use that all the time without overwriting buffs. Healing Herb doesnt buff anything, it just heals.

however, there is a Genie skill that does this. (Tai Chi) maybe someone tried to be kind and assist the squad with that and overwrote your buff?

Also, if the regen icon only lasted 10 minutes then perhaps it was an apothecary that overwrote the cleric buffs.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011

i was also going to suggest that it was someone using tai chi, i've seen it happen a few times that someone didn't know that that genie skill overrides your buff.

honestly tai chi is more of a skill to use while meditating then in combat though...
    patience is a virtue
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    At first, I used Tai Chi to run faster, then I found out it overwrites HP buff on my char but also on the others... Then I decided to get rid of this skill and get the well-known "Holy Path". Noob me b:chuckle
  • Auralina - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Thanks guys. It could have been Tai Chi, I'll ask next time I see happen. :) *Reminds self not to be so quick to blame the mystics....*