I want your opinions

L_Xion_l - Harshlands
L_Xion_l - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
I've decided I'm going to r8 1 of chars, the only problem is I can't decide whether it should be my wizard or mystic. I've seen on these forums a lot about end game wizards regretting have lvled one to end game because of the new things added to the game(namely sins b:sweat), especially hearing so many agree it's impossiblke for an equally geared wizard to kill a sin that isn't fail also kinda made me want to give up on my wiz. When you give me advice on which char to pick please keep in mind that I enjoy to PvP.

Thx in advance for helpful answers b:thanks
Also, I'm making a similar thread in the mystic forums to balance out biased comments.
Post edited by L_Xion_l - Harshlands on

Comments

• Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mystic or wiz will be facerolled by a Op sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mystic looks like the fusion of cleric and veno with some wizard aspects

personally i really hate venos, and prefer not having pets

we didnt come to see the full potential of mystics yet
    i think they are powerful
    with some really nasty skills
    and those pets summon so fast, almost no time lost when it died

fact is you spend most of the time in instances being some sort of cleric
    i enjoy PVE on Mystic more than on cleric or veno
    its both at the same time -> not getting bored

not sure if you enjoy doing the cleric job, cause that is what mystics will mostly do, i think
    i like potato
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mystic looks like the fusion of cleric and veno with some wizard aspects

personally i really hate venos, and prefer not having pets

we didnt come to see the full potential of mystics yet
    i think they are powerful
    with some really nasty skills
    and those pets summon so fast, almost no time lost when it died

fact is you spend most of the time in instances being some sort of cleric
    i enjoy PVE on Mystic more than on cleric or veno
    its both at the same time -> not getting bored

not sure if you enjoy doing the cleric job, cause that is what mystics will mostly do, i think

One of the reasons I like mystic so much more than veno, if their pet dies it's not necessarily a losing fight from there, in fact, pets are very often leeched anyway so mystics are a lot less dependent on their pets than venos, veno got really boring for me :b
    mystic or wiz will be facerolled by a Op sin

True, but I think mystic for the most part has a much easier time against sins, but I haven't been able to fight high lvl sins on this char yet so I'll have to see for myself
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    One of the reasons I like mystic so much more than veno, if their pet dies it's not necessarily a losing fight from there, in fact, pets are very often leeched anyway so mystics are a lot less dependent on their pets than venos, veno got really boring for me :b

True, but I think mystic for the most part has a much easier time against sins, but I haven't been able to fight high lvl sins on this char yet so I'll have to see for myself

The problem with the good high-leveled sins is that they can either 1-shot you from stealth or kill you faster than you can react generally. (Good in this case referring to r8/nirvana/r9 sins with good weapon refine/aps)
    I don't think any class does well against 5aps coming out of stealth, since it's possible to not even have a charm tick before dying. Haven't leveled a mystic much yet, so don't know if they have any skills better suited to defending against that.
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    Elendria - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think you are talking strictly pk related. Because when it comes to TW wizis rule as wizis can kill a group of people with a single aoe. Then change targets and kill again. Sins in TW have to force stealth as much as possible because yes they kill but they are weak, especially against mag dmg as most sins still run around with pdef ornaments.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011

At least they have a job, endgame pve-wise.

I don't know much about mystics (ironically), but so far I am not terribly impressed in terms of pvp. That could change, of course. Its still early.

And I don't think people regret so much making an end game wizard, but regret (a) them not being the pk powerhouse they used to be advertised as, and (b) not having any real value at end game pve instances other than delta (although they are being replaced there too, but I still think wizards are king for delta aoe)

Also, consider that EG can get a full set of rank 8 gear and I don't believe wizards can.

Honestly, if I were you, I would get my mystic to 90-100 (if you haven't yet) and try some pk/TW. If there is potential there, I would probably just rank 8 my mystic. If not, your wizard is already almost there, and wizards are fun to TW and pk with. Just sounds like you need a bit more time to decide (assuming you are only going to rank 8 one of them).
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think you are talking strictly pk related. Because when it comes to TW wizis rule as wizis can kill a group of people with a single aoe. Then change targets and kill again. Sins in TW have to force stealth as much as possible because yes they kill but they are weak, especially against mag dmg as most sins still run around with pdef ornaments.

But Mystics can play ping pong with cata barbs.
This discussion has been closed.