Hi I got 2 simple quests. Please help me :)

Options
Rinzler - Raging Tide
Rinzler - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Seeker
First
off which armor is best for survival
heavy or light?
the game gave heavy at the start

Second my build
the guide said to do

On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.

BUT i was told the following is better

1 VIT 2 STR 2 DEX
1 VIT 2 STR 2 DEX
3 STR 2 DEX

i want a good build for soloing as much as i can.

which 1 of the 2 above builds is best for this?
i chose the second one for now.

the reason I'm asking is that this is the first non pure magic class I'm doing and i love it.
seeker is part wiz and part bm so that is the main reason i'm asking.
i read other posts and it confused me so i figured it would be best to start this one and let u all what im doing.
thanks for taking the time to help
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Choose Your path
Post edited by Rinzler - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Rinzler - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    testing my sig. sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Choose Your path
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    seekers are a heavy armor class. their damage is calculated based on their strength, which means you'll want a lot more str than the minimum needed for light armor anyway; on top of which, swords --- the only weapon seekers can use --- demand more str per level than light armor does. once you've added that much strength, you might as well go the rest of the way and fill heavy armor's strength requirements and wear that.

there's several different builds beng tried out by various players right now, and there's no real agreement on which is "best" yet --- or "best" for what purpose. experiment, see how the build you work with influences and limits your play style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear
    UnderYourBed - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I am not too familiar with the seeker class but i can tell u 1 thing for sure:
    You should not even think about using LA unless it is 2 pieces of TT 99 for -0.05 int. Ur meant to take hits and u want the pdef and the extra HP given by the HA. (this comes from my experience as a bm, barb, sin and cleric xD)

as for the build, i have not read much on a seeker build. but i know vitality can be kinda pointless since as a bm i am 3 str/2dex all the way and can tank almost any boss in the game (exept for the rare TT 3-3 where i have seen my friend which is a 20k HP barb get 1 shoted) xD soo i would say go for the 3 str/2dex oooorrr 3 str/2 dex for even and 3 str/1 dex/ 1 vit for odd
  • Rinzler - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Options
    On even levels add 3 STR, 2 DEX.
    On odd levels add 2 STR, 1 DEX, 2 VIT.

is the better of the 2 builds than.
    ****. time to fix the build
    that would be an extra 16 str than dex to fix the build. i would use a reset stone but im low enough level to make it up.

thanks for the help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Choose Your path