Bosses you've soloed?

Options
Cenire - Sanctuary
Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Mystic
I just soloed Vastclaw Executioner with my lvl 73 mystic. If you've heard of this boss (I think he's part of the PQ) he has over 2.5m hp and he's lvl 75. The reason I soloed him was to hyper right at the last minute. I got about 12% xp with him. It took me about 30 mins though, since I remember my res buff running out right when he was about to die.

I used my Devil Chiyu to tank him since he's mostly physical defense. I would personally get wiped out in three hits if I even tried to tank Vastclaw. I also used punishing sting as the other summon. It took me 60 mp pots in the end (lvl 60).

Also, I had quite a few Shamans on me at the same time. So on top of healing my pet I was healing myself (luckily they're magic mobs). I don't have any fancy gear either since I was hitting him for about 3.5k-4k a hit with Nature's Vengeance and my pet was only doing 1.2k dmg regular hits. So I was pretty happy I was able to solo Vastclaw even though it took 30 mins.

Anyway, Vastclaw is doable for mystics. As long as you use Devil Chiyu and have a lot of patients (if you're around his lvl). Have any of you tried soloing some high hp bosses as well?
Post edited by Cenire - Sanctuary on

Comments

• __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Ummmmmm...Vastclaw has lots of HP, but next to no attack strength. Hell if you couldn't solo him it'd probably be cause for a bit of concern. O.O;;;

Personally, I haven't kept track of every solo attempt/success, but I did solo BH29/Qingzi yesterday. Not exactly the greatest victory, and I died twice getting the hang of the timing (woot for Resurrect!) but I was happy with it. =D
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Aijou - Harshlands
    Aijou - Harshlands Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Florafang.
  • RouxLouka - Dreamweaver
    RouxLouka - Dreamweaver Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Vastclaw - 60 Chihyu
    Greedy Bloodclaw - 80+ self
    Quillhog King - 80 Chihyu
    Lochmur Guardian - 90 Chihyu
    VoS culti bosses - 100 Mistress

That's all I remember trying.
    /quit.

</3 All packs/Awful community.
  • IKnuke - Harshlands
    IKnuke - Harshlands Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I have soloed lots of bosses...
    Also i soloed that boss u need for the Tide Protection Charm.
    Its not really hard tanking but the problem is MP + Time...
    It takes a lot of Mana and Time to solo a boss alone with a Mystic.
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i solo'd the bosses in HH 1-1, 1-2, and 1-3 on my 75 mystic. took lots of trials to successfully solo the 1-3 bosses though but i eventually got it done. b:victory i don't really have all that geat gear either. i got 2 pieces of HH 70 gear (pants and wristguards) and some other random gear. my wep is HH70 sakiyuma's light +4 refine. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ive done blackhole with storm mistress, and also solo'ed team mode in 1-1. havnt tried team mode of any higher ones yet though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My mystic's kinda low lvl, but I did solo Florafang, Yansheng and Farng pretty easily. O_o I've yet to try out Krixxix though. But if it's a high hp boss that I need soloed, I'm afraid that I'd rather get my veno to do it. I'm afraid that I don't have a lot of patience and pots for soloing one boss (30mins for a single boss is a bit too much for me). b:surrender
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My mystic's kinda low lvl, but I did solo Florafang, Yansheng and Farng pretty easily. O_o I've yet to try out Krixxix though. But if it's a high hp boss that I need soloed, I'm afraid that I'd rather get my veno to do it. I'm afraid that I don't have a lot of patience and pots for soloing one boss (30mins for a single boss is a bit too much for me). b:surrender

lol but seriously -.-
    any class can solo florafang
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    At level 68, solo'd Chintien and Lord of Percussion with devil (plus befuddling creeper) in single player TT. Died a few times trying to get the timing right, but it is doable. Stay very close to Lord of Percussion, because if your pet dies and he uses his magic attack on you, you will most likely die before you can respawn devil, heal him, and get him to re-aquire agro. Chintien's magic attack, on the other hand, seemed to be weaker than his close range melee, so I kept maximum distance from him.

I have around 1700 base HP and a combination of 3star & elite gear, and both bosses strongest attack would take about 70% - 90% of my HP in 1 hit...so if you mis-click one heal, you will surely die. Both bosses would also take about 40% - 60% of devils's HP in 1 hit. Definately be prepared for a tough fight.
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Took me around 10 minutes to solo Silver Frost at lvl 96. Was charmless, used about 15 mp pots, so cost me around 10-13k coins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide
    Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    except for yansheng and krixxix i've soloed all of my bosses so far... i had to tank krixxix
    patience is a virtue
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Most of the time, I solo tanking with myself, I use the summons as extra DDs mostly.
    I'm just out of a bh51 I did for my fiance, and I tanked all the bosses with myself with vital herb out and throwing a few Falling Petals on me.
    I can solo most of the low/mid lvls bosses and most of the bhs up to 59. I doubt I could do pole and nob in 69, and never tried 79. After 79, I doubt I will ever try.
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've solo'd the culti 19 boss thing for EG.
    Florafang.
    Yansheng.
    Farng.
    Suzerix, without pet because... lol, mag attack. I hate storm mistress so she's not even on my skill bar.
    Shade Eido, if he even counts o.o
    And I was going to try Krixxix but I decided not to.

I'm sure there are more that I can solo, I just haven't taken the time to do it, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Awe I'm addicted to the Mistress :(
    She does really nice damage compared to Chihyu and she can aoe :o Also Luna Blade is much more spammable than Folding Strike :o I use her alot since I mostly use summons for DDing :D
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    She does really nice damage compared to Chihyu and she can aoe :o Also Luna Blade is much more spammable than Folding Strike :o I use her alot since I mostly use summons for DDing :D
    ^ me too. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver
    EmeryFlower - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

I might level her up later on, but right now my spirit is tight, so I'm focusing on what i need to get by: aka, my devil. I hate spending all my mana on transference, and since the mistress needs mana to do any good dmg, I don't tend to use her. I also only use salvation during boss fights and buff the tank, since she has a low mana pool and a low mana cost. But the mistress... just, lol. I can't keep putting up transference just so she can use her skills. >< I have to do other things like heal, heal pet and DD. So much easier just letting devil go in with his 1aps and like 800 a hit. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Happily forum married to Zannie again. >:O Haters gonna hate
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I might level her up later on, but right now my spirit is tight, so I'm focusing on what i need to get by: aka, my devil. I hate spending all my mana on transference, and since the mistress needs mana to do any good dmg, I don't tend to use her. I also only use salvation during boss fights and buff the tank, since she has a low mana pool and a low mana cost. But the mistress... just, lol. I can't keep putting up transference just so she can use her skills. >< I have to do other things like heal, heal pet and DD. So much easier just letting devil go in with his 1aps and like 800 a hit. xD

totally agree b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Xyrika - Archosaur
    Xyrika - Archosaur Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Yep its right but once you get past 75 mana isn't such a big problem anymore and you can afford to set up mistress. For me I use summon3 not really often. I prefer the other 3. The first buff of Sum3 is nice, but for a real boss I think it doesn't last long enaugh to be helpfull and the other buff eats the summons MP much to fast. Summon 2 on the other hand does a lot of dmg and is ranged. 2 features I really love about her. I startet to put her quite often too.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Most of the time, I solo tanking with myself, I use the summons as extra DDs mostly.
    I'm just out of a bh51 I did for my fiance, and I tanked all the bosses with myself with vital herb out and throwing a few Falling Petals on me.
    I can solo most of the low/mid lvls bosses and most of the bhs up to 59. I doubt I could do pole and nob in 69, and never tried 79. After 79, I doubt I will ever try.

Pole is murder on a veno's pets (Hercs can't solo him by themselves) so I figure this is a boss to stay away from for solo minded mystics too.

Surprisingly, 79 is much easier than the BH before it and your pets (once leveled high enough) should have little problems with the likes of brigand and linus who both give decent drops.
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    lets see....soloed that lvl 19 boss thing for that quest. soloed charr, flora, bolden goldwing, farng, raging cadaver, haggist geezlot, shade eido, couldn't do krixxix. yansheng. i think that's it so far, my mystic is lvl 36.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Mysticarella - Lost City
    Mysticarella - Lost City Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I soloed Styx the Malefic (99 cult ) in Hell yesterday.b:victory
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I soloed Styx the Malefic (99 cult ) in Hell yesterday.b:victory

I soloed Kun Kun the other day.

You heard me! All by myself.
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Just solo'd quilhog at lvl 80 :D With devil of course, but I died the first try b:shocked
  • smokeguilty01
    smokeguilty01 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I soloed Styx the Malefic (99 cult ) in Hell twice,

i died twice b:chuckle
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I soloed Styx the Malefic (99 cult ) in Hell twice,

i died twice
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

smokeguilty01 replied to a message that was 2 years 9 hours 53 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Shardik - Lost City
    Shardik - Lost City Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

NECROOO!!!!!!!

NECROOO!!!!!!!

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude .

b:chuckle
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Necro, but what does it really matter in this thread. lol

I recently been nuts enough to duo steelation in 3-1 with my veno and mystic :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Seems like everyone doesn't try Qullhog until 80, I soloed him at 60 with Devil Chiyu. Only culti bosses I wasn't able to solo at level were Gouf and Khewy.
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Incacerate in Warsong

IBTL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Marid - Dreamweaver
    Marid - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Harpy is still ridiculous when he starts purging, but I can kill most of the other WBs (takes forever though...)
    I've never tried to solo incarcerate, though I tank it a lot...

I wonder if it will get locked =P there's no point, really...
    b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased
This discussion has been closed.