Oops, I have an Impossible Cat-Shop...

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
I just got home from shopping and found that my cat-shop (well, lighter-shop, actually) was impossible:

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/impossibleshop.jpg/

You can see that I'm trying to buy ~123m worth of Tokens, but I've only got 61m coins. The game shouldn't allow that, yet you can see in the background that my shop is indeed set-up and is apparently still functional.

I'd been trying to buy 2 stacks of 9999 Tokens for 9925 each, and so I'd put 200 million coins in my inventory. Afterwards, I checked to see if some sort of weirdness involving 10 Million Big Notes might have occurred, but there were none in my inventory.

So, either ~60 million coins somehow went *POOF!*, which would be sad, or else my shop somehow actually bought ~13,600 Tokens instead of just 7,600 Tokens, and it didn't keep proper track. Unfortunately, I'd skimmed through the purchase history before I noticed anything was weird, so I can't really be sure which one it was.

Anyway, I submitted a ticket, but I've often found that the forums are more likely to produce an answer than PWI support.

Anybody else seen this kind of thing happen?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I want money. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    -.-; something tells me this was just his way of showing off his money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Did you sell anything and get 6 big notes?
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    UPDATE:
    OK, well, I set-up a second shop in the same location, with the remaining 61 million. This time I was buying 2 stacks of 3000 Tokens each, again for 9925 per Token.

~20 minutes later, this was the result:

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/impossibleshop2.jpg/

Once again, my shop is impossible. Both stacks of 3000 Tokens are still there, yet I'm missing ~34 million coins and I've got an extra 3,411 Tokens I didn't have before. There is also no pop-up showing that any sales have occurred.

The good news, then, is that I haven't actually been losing any money. There's just some sort of weird glitch that is causing fulfilled buy orders to not always update the inventory of the shop.
    Pfft... that screen-shot doesn't show off anything.

If I wanted to show off, I'd have at least opened the Boutique in the background, so you could have seen my Gold balance too.

Sorta like this...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Im so jelly!! Of your resolution b:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    UPDATE:
    OK, well, I set-up a second shop in the same location, with the remaining 61 million. This time I was buying 2 stacks of 3000 Tokens each, again for 9925 per Token.

~20 minutes later, this was the result:

http://img687.imageshack.us/i/impossibleshop2.jpg/

Once again, my shop is impossible. Both stacks of 3000 Tokens are still there, yet I'm missing ~34 million coins and I've got an extra 3,411 Tokens I didn't have before. There is also no pop-up showing that any sales have occurred.

The good news, then, is that I haven't actually been losing any money. There's just some sort of weird glitch that is causing fulfilled buy orders to not always update the inventory of the shop.

Pfft... that screen-shot doesn't show off anything.

If I wanted to show off, I'd have at least opened the Boutique in the background, so you could have seen my Gold balance too.

Sorta like this...

*points to your siggy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    you would think with the money your saving merching you could afford a bigger screen.. ijs.. your resolution be horribad.
    edited April 2011
    Im so jelly!! Of your resolution b:chuckle
    you would think with the money your saving merching you could afford a bigger screen.. ijs.. your resolution be horribad.
    So mean! b:cry

It's true though. On the weekends I stay at my (evil) girlfriend's place, and I'm relegated to using the "other" computer, a lowly P4 with a 15" screen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've had a couple of weird occurrences where my client and the server disagree about how many items I have in my inventory. In both cases the server had the correct idea about my inventory while the client was stuck with unstackable phantom stacks.

Relogging made the phantom stacks go away and the inventory made sense again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    2.1k gold?

D: share
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • GetPoked - Sanctuary
    GetPoked - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i wonder if this is with only tokens, i sell thousands of white tea a week and have never had any stack issues

or it could be related to the size of the stacks, tea only being 100 instead of 9999

on a side note, maybe im in the wrong shop business, cause im poor in comparison to you man
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Moneyyyy

I mean eehm, Marry me b:dirty
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Ankiel - Raging Tide
    Ankiel - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    im gonna catch you soon, you better watch out !
    edited April 2011
    I've had a couple of weird occurrences where my client and the server disagree about how many items I have in my inventory. In both cases the server had the correct idea about my inventory while the client was stuck with unstackable phantom stacks.

Relogging made the phantom stacks go away and the inventory made sense again.
    Yeah, there's definitely some sort of odd server/client confusion going on. This is what my inventory looked like this morning when I re-logged:

http://img855.imageshack.us/i/impossibleshop3.jpg/

The number of Tokens are the exact same as when I logged-off last night, but they're now sorted into different stacks in a way that doesn't seem to make any sense. Instead of the usual pattern of filling up stacks from left-to-right, top-to-bottom, which is what they were when I logged-off, there are now a bunch of half-filled stacks.

I have no idea how/why the game decided to sort them the way they're sorted now, but at least they're still all there!
    i wonder if this is with only tokens, i sell thousands of white tea a week and have never had any stack issues

or it could be related to the size of the stacks, tea only being 100 instead of 9999

on a side note, maybe im in the wrong shop business, cause im poor in comparison to you man
    I've bought/sold lots of Tokens in the past and never had this happen, and yet now it's happened twice in a row.

As for being in the wrong business, Tokens aren't usually my main business. I mainly deal with cash-shop sale items. If I ever get Part 3 of my merchant guide finished it will explain in detail what I've been doing these past 2 years or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Jealous troll is jealous, go fling poo at fancy cars
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Jealous troll is jealous, go fling poo at fancy cars

no im not jealous i just know him and if you dont believe that he likes to show off his money just take a look at his signature. but of course your just here for a troll count huh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, there's definitely some sort of odd server/client confusion going on. This is what my inventory looked like this morning when I re-logged:

http://img855.imageshack.us/i/impossibleshop3.jpg/

The number of Tokens are the exact same as when I logged-off last night, but they're now sorted into different stacks in a way that doesn't seem to make any sense. Instead of the usual pattern of filling up stacks from left-to-right, top-to-bottom, which is what they were when I logged-off, there are now a bunch of half-filled stacks.

I have no idea how/why the game decided to sort them the way they're sorted now, but at least they're still all there!

I've bought/sold lots of Tokens in the past and never had this happen, and yet now it's happened twice in a row.

As for being in the wrong business, Tokens aren't usually my main business. I mainly deal with cash-shop sale items. If I ever get Part 3 of my merchant guide finished it will explain in detail what I've been doing these past 2 years or so.

I understand the fact that you have to reinvest 95+% of the money you make to continue merchanting....but damn man. The only good piece of gear you got is your cape. Seriously, it's time to upgrade :X
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2011
    I understand the fact that you have to reinvest 95+% of the money you make to continue merchanting....but damn man. The only good piece of gear you got is your cape. Seriously, it's time to upgrade :X
    The biggest obstacle to my gear being upgraded is the fact that I level so slowly. I play causally, so maybe an hour every 2 days or so, and I've never been in a hurry to get to end-game, so my gear reflects my low-level.

http://pwcalc.com/035e087aa14d3192

Oh, and I refuse to upgrade my hat. I love my hat. b:dirty
    no im not jealous i just know him and if you dont believe that he likes to show off his money just take a look at his signature.
    My sig is definitely intended to advertise my contributions to Drakaniel's blog, which are basically me saying, "Hey! Enough with the 'QQ, PWI is pay-to-win!' nonsense! You want in-game coins? Follow this link and find out how!" to anybody who wants to listen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Completely off topic warren, but I read your merchanting guide thoroughly and I've been finding myself to have success from it, so thanks<3
    But why do you set your catshop up as your barb? Surely people will know who you are and undercut you, and everyone will do the same as you :P
  • Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver
    Crit_Heal - Dreamweaver Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You want in-game coins? Follow this link and find out how!" to anybody who wants to listen.

thnx Ima try thisb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Im a troll ;..;b:cute
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    no im not jealous i just know him and if you dont believe that he likes to show off his money just take a look at his signature. but of course your just here for a troll count huh?

Well, having that much is an achievement for anyone imo, as a F2P player.

Grats him on it. At least he shows that you can make money here on this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Happened to me a few times. Usually it's after my catshop has been lagged out and someone sold me something when it was lagging out. I come back on and I don't have sufficient coins to buy what I have on my buy list. Not sure if I was still able to go in Catshop mode after that though but I think I was able to.

BTW, you have my warsong belt. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • /Re - Sanctuary12
    /Re - Sanctuary12 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    hmmmm perhaps this will explain my own experience of selling tokens to a catshop when i need a quick cash. i sold 100 tokens once and im supposed to get 1 mil from it, but i end up only getting 200k b:cry i was so confused that day lol. if this is a token bug then idk b:sad
    edited April 2011
    Completely off topic warren, but I read your merchanting guide thoroughly and I've been finding myself to have success from it, so thanks<3
    But why do you set your catshop up as your barb? Surely people will know who you are and undercut you, and everyone will do the same as you :P
    Glad you like the guides so far!

I usually let my alt do most of the buying/selling, but he's busy with Rep Badges at the moment. But even so, it's really no big deal if people see my name and copy me. The amount of trading that goes on with cash-shop items would probably shock a lot of people, but if you do it you'll find theres plenty of business to go around.
    Happened to me a few times. Usually it's after my catshop has been lagged out and someone sold me something when it was lagging out. I come back on and I don't have sufficient coins to buy what I have on my buy list. Not sure if I was still able to go in Catshop mode after that though but I think I was able to.

BTW, you have my warsong belt. ;)
    Ah, ok, that would make sense. I usually set-up to buy at-home, where I have nice reliable Canadian internet, but right I'm over at my (evil) girlfriend's place, with her (doubly evil) Qwest internet connection.

And yes, of course I have your belt. After all, my goal is to be just like you someday (ie. +12 Rank 9 with billions and billions of coins left over, all thanks to F2P merchanting), but I'm not stalking you, honest! b:victory
    hmmmm perhaps this will explain my own experience of selling tokens to a catshop when i need a quick cash. i sold 100 tokens once and im supposed to get 1 mil from it, but i end up only getting 200k b:cry i was so confused that day lol. if this is a token bug then idk b:sad
    Hmm... maybe it's related to the same bug, but I suspect you might have gotten scammed.

A lot of scammers will set up a shop to buy at a certain price, but then have one stack actually buying for 1/10th the price. That might be what happened to you, unfortunately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I know I've come across your shop a few times, along with other members of my faction, who tried to purchase items from you and got an error message instead. For me, as recent as sometime these past 5 days.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the rep sale before this one i was merchanting rep, now after typing in the prices countless times it gets annoying each time you sell out, so i typed the rep, i come back a hour later and i check my coins have gotten awefully high, i was suppose to get 6,4mil for it all but i got 12,8mil, so my conclusion was i typo'd a price, probally 1 stack of 100 for 64000 per badge, it sold but i felt badb:surrender and doesnt seem the buyer noticed it or he didnt know which shop it was, idk but oh wellb:surrender
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    but right I'm over at my (evil) girlfriend's place, with her (doubly evil) Qwest internet connection.

ouch...
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Oh yeah i'm actually waiting on your to finish writing your gold guide >.>

Right now I mainly do merchanting in mirages and hypers, and the profit is there....just gotta leave my catshop up for a good time XD. (got two going atm back at home since i'm at work, hoping to be able to double the profit I gain by splitting my catshops into two locations and then switching around area's with them to see what provide the best profit)

I really wanna get a better understanding of the gold trade tho >.>....My knowledge on it is about as far as I can through a 1 ton boulder in real life...not very far <><~~~
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]