People that give Harshlands character

Longknife - Harshlands
Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
I remember once someone from Sanctuary made a post asking what the hell was up with "West Gate Tele Guy," who was some psychopath who would stand near the west gate teleporter and just talk to himself in general chat, saying stuff that made no god damn sense, scaring locals. Apparently the GMs banned the dude various times, but he always came back with a new account.
When I heard that story, I wanted to reroll Sanctuary. It's real characters like that with outrageous personalities that stand out of the crowd that make a server what it is, in my opinion.

So I just wanted to hear what people or groups that Harshlanders think help make Harshlands...well, Harshlands. What people have such character and are so unique to the server that the server would feel empty without them? Remember that there's no naming and shaming, nor is there flaming (MC mutha flippin' Longknife bustin out a beat yo) so if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. Otherwise this thread might get locked and I'll cry black stars.

Here's my list of people/groups that I think give Harshlands more character:

-Golgotha and his world chat adventures. World chat isn't the same without him
-VaeVictus and their famous Blitzkriegs. Not too common, but when it happens you're like "LOLWTFBBQ"
-A_MORE_CHEAP, the cat shop chain. Not sure if they still exist (sadface :C) but they did for a long time and were a good place to buy mats. I always found it interesting that the server had a guild dedicated to the market that seemed like a real life store chain.
-PreeK and his epic telecaustic shop. That's a tele shop you can rely on.
-ChuckyNorris, a regular blue name at west gate. It's not a party til he's there.
-Mayhem, simply because, give them credit, they've been together as one unit a LONG time. A lot of the same old faces hang out in that guild whereas other major guilds switch their roster a lot.
-Fenris__, lulz. Never forget!

I know there's more but that's all I can think of now.

Anyone else can name someone they're just so accustomed to (for better or worse) that Harshlands just wouldn't feel like Harshlands without them?
I <3 AGOREY
Post edited by Longknife - Harshlands on

Comments

• Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I've wondered about Morecheap. They were everywhere. Mats, herbs, Nirvana and every shop has the same title of A MORE CHEAP. They were probably all ran by the same person lol.

I'm not sure what's all the hypes about PreeK or any other tele shops. I always make mine out of tokens because it's obviously cheaper.

Gol was the only one I can think of. b:surrender
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    _Antonyo_

Ima beag yur madur.
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For merchanting, forgot the name of the archer who managed it, but the Jone's gift exchange shop at the beginning of the server brings memories. Selling flawless shards and telecoustics for seemingly ridiculously low prices, but actually making millions of coin from the profit margins. So many guardian angel exchanges...

ChuckyNorris be pro. Also a shout out to all the blue named clerics who stick around just to rez you and keep the fight going ; )

~Desiree
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011

ChuckyNorris be pro. Also a shout out to all the blue named clerics who stick around just to rez you and keep the fight going ; )

I can tell it's been a long time since you've PKed, if you're under the impression that blue names can res pink/red names.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    For merchanting, forgot the name of the archer who managed it, but the Jone's gift exchange shop at the beginning of the server brings memories. Selling flawless shards and telecoustics for seemingly ridiculously low prices, but actually making millions of coin from the profit margins. So many guardian angel exchanges...

~Desiree

AfroSamurai and Escobar.
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I remember when Tideborn came out and Zinova and Escobar came back for a bit, Afro still had like 2k Beautiful shards, 100k MP pots, 50k HP pots, and 15k teles. I remeber that Escobar peaked at 400m coins back when gold was 150k-200k. He turned 10 gold worth of teles into two thousand dollars worth of coin.

Bill Gates aint got shiit on dat
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yes i didnt even make the list b:victory
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Astronomer - Harshlands
    Astronomer - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    amen in the a more cheap catshops they where everywhere,havent seen them now,and i know another catshop is been in ether since i started to play Hammurabi leader of no refund hes been since i was lvl 1 and he stills sell **** in ether b:faint
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Icon's voice.
    Brendle
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    d5's voice
    Fsweet's voice
    Rockey Lloyd calling Deathdealer the N word 1000000 times
    Me Getting 10 people in QQme banned even though I was in QQme. I am mainly the reason you can't PK in Secret Passage
  • Stepomax - Sanctuary
    Stepomax - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    d5's voice
    Fsweet's voice
    Rockey Lloyd calling Deathdealer the N word 1000000 times
    Me Getting 10 people in QQme banned even though I was in QQme. I am mainly the reason you can't PK in Secret Passage
    and i hate jew for it lol
    Take a look to the sky just before you die!! Its the last time you will!!b:angry
  • Desiree - Harshlands
    Desiree - Harshlands Posts: 635 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can tell it's been a long time since you've PKed, if you're under the impression that blue names can res pink/red names.

I was referring to myself. Its been roughly a year since I've been red named. I just relog for swords and wait a bit til my pink name is gone, then some nearby friendly blue name cleric immediately rezzes me ^_^ Not all of us PK lowbies or farm non-agressive white names just to get red name and "look cool" ; P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    @ Rhyme

Which also later turned into a mass rage boot.
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ascii rage???? anyone?? anyone??
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011

REad my above post. D:
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Yeah... that. Even people on LC know about the Ascii rage lol. Too bad it was before my time b:surrender.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    So...in order for one to make this list, they must be one of two things...
    1) An obnoxious pain in the rear, or
    2) Really, really cool...

Boy, do I have my work cut out for me...
  • Hudini - Harshlands
    Hudini - Harshlands Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    So...in order for one to make this list, they must be one of two things...
    1) An obnoxious pain in the rear, or
    2) Really, really cool...

Boy, do I have my work cut out for me...

what you dont have a girl that left you for another supposedly lesser man and you dont want to share it with the rest of the internetz through world chat?
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    what you dont have a girl that left you for another supposedly lesser man and you dont want to share it with the rest of the internetz through world chat?

Seriously KrittyCat, stop being such a loser.

Tomorrow I plan on sharing with Harshlands the story about how I discovered masturbation. Chicks dig it when you announce matters that should be kept personal. b:cool
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is a catshop in Tideborn City that is always buying Uncannies for 100k each. I check on it each and every time I go that way, and it's buying a different amount everytime. And it's been there forever. Makes me wonder...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2011
    Seriously KrittyCat, stop being such a loser.

Q.Q Longknife called me a loser... wait... why do I care again? O.o
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Q.Q Longknife called me a loser... wait... why do I care again? O.o

If Longknife doesn't think you're cool, no one will.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Rhyme is pwi forums best troll.
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Cant believe no one has said Tekkblade, back when he liked to tele xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Nytblade being a fail barb, along with B_I_G and Brendle.
  • Applequest - Harshlands
    Applequest - Harshlands Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Cant believe no one has said Tekkblade, back when he liked to tele xD

But its Tekkblade
  • RawStyIer - Harshlands
    RawStyIer - Harshlands Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nytblade being a fail barb, along with B_I_G and Brendle.

Its quite hilarious how skilled people get called fail on this serverb:laugh
    Cuz those were the 3 best barbs actually, nowadays barbs are just refinesb:surrender
  • Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Its quite hilarious how skilled people get called fail on this serverb:laugh
    Cuz those were the 3 best barbs actually, nowadays barbs are just refinesb:surrender

i agree Brendle was very skilled. only player i have ever known to still proclaim no one could ever kill him while lying dead at west. he did this on a daily basis too. skilled or delusional w/e you want to call it.
    the other 2 were nothing special. highly skilled at cash shopping yes. in game skills not so much.

the most epic barb was the one that angerR killed at Village of the Lost without even using a pet. on LC he was an ea VileQuincy but i dont remember his HL barb.

the most memorable player for me will always be Antihero. solo defending in TW after the Ascii rage. the bonus was he was so drunk i could hardly understand him on vent.

~Starr~
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    There is a catshop in Tideborn City that is always buying Uncannies for 100k each. I check on it each and every time I go that way, and it's buying a different amount everytime. And it's been there forever. Makes me wonder...

I always wonder about shops like that, too.

There's a shop that sells Medals of Glory for 30mil (back when they were like 9mil) and buys Celestial Insignias and Pages of Fate/Old Book pages for like 10k. Whenever the Medals of Glory stopped being obtainable with DQ, I remembered this shop but not her prices. I decided to check it and see if, unknowingly, her normally outrageous prices were suddenly below price. Laughed my *** off when I realized that even after Medals of Glory became rare, she STILL had them overpriced.

Why do people leave their comps on for shops that not even a complete idiot would fall for?
    I <3 AGOREY
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LMFAO AT POGOS POST XD

okopogo is love <3, no HO.MO