psy buff bug or what?

_UrNightMare - Harshlands
_UrNightMare - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
why when a psy get purged they still keep their own buffs?if they cant be purged how are we supposed to kill a +12 r9 psy?
Post edited by _UrNightMare - Harshlands on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why when a psy get purged they still keep their own buffs?if they cant be purged how are we supposed to kill a +12 r9 psy?

its not a bug it says it cant be purged or purified on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _UrNightMare - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    so how u kill a +12 r9 psy 8k hp if u get 30% of ref and sealed every 1-2 hit?its like u 1 shot him or ur dead
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    so how u kill a +12 r9 psy 8k hp if u get 30% of ref and sealed every 1-2 hit?its like u 1 shot him or ur dead

you expect to kill a rank 9 + 12 anything with anything other then the same? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _UrNightMare - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    you expect to kill a rank 9 + 12 anything with anything other then the same? b:chuckle

even if i were r9 +12 no big deal if i get sealed after i hit him it seems to be or u 1 shot him or u r dead
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    How do you kill a rank 9 +12 psy with buffs?

Easy--you don't.

Okay, all jokes aside, that's where you have to think outside the box. There is a way to kill a r9 psy, like there's a way to kill a sin.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    even if i were r9 +12 no big deal if i get sealed after i hit him it seems to be or u 1 shot him or u r dead

not really a big deal when you think about it. kinda like a sin how am i supposed to kill him if i cant see him? just learn strategies to deal with things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    its not a bug it says it cant be purged or purified on it.

No it doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    No it doesn't.

I had to set him straight on it; it doesn't say on the skill itself that it can't be purged.

However, there is something on the news (it might be too far back), that states that soul of vengeance and silence do not disappear upon death/disconnect, which I would assume include purging as well. Soulburn is also exempt to purifying (it might kill a cleric to attempt to purify actually).

So it's kind of an unwritten thing, so to speak.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can ANY class that's R9+12 actually kill a Psy that's R9+12? It's so OP...

I wanna see video of this happening.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Can ANY class that's R9+12 actually kill a Psy that's R9+12?

Doubt it. How do you kill something that seals you every other hits and stuns you for 320036 seconds, and all because of your own attacks?
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    What do you mean I can't just faceroll an endgame Psychic!? I did it for the last 99 levels! QQ That's just SO not fair!
    Endgame Psychics aren't a class you just run over and hit. Heads up, it requires more than facerolling the desk and watching things die.

I'm not going to tell you how to kill a Psychic. I wouldn't give you that luxuary. My job is to tell you how foolish you're being, and attempt to give you a panacea for it. If you can't figure out how to kill a Psychic...

Don't panic now, I'm going to say the "R" word....

RESEARCH.

Etacomb will tell you how much **** is going to hurt at certain levels! Use PWI Calc and figure out the "average" gears of your opponent, and prepare accordingly! How difficult is it to go online and find the weaknesses of your enemies? How do you think I handle most Assassins at and above my level so easily? Magic? Technically yes. More brainpower is put into it than Red Tide, I assure you.

Do you even know how many Rank 9 Psychics exist in this version of the game?
    Hint: On Harshlands, there are 14 Rank 8 or above Psychics.
    It's not like it's any easier to kill an assassin who is...oh, I don't know, level 105 and in stealth mode.

You should have the thought to not attack ANYTHING wearing Rank 9 unless you're wearing Rank 8/Nirvana and are halfway competent, or wearing Rank 9 yourself.

Bottom line: You ought to complain more about the insane amount of Soulforce refined Rank gives a Psychic, not so much the buffs themselves. The belt alone gives a Psychic 2500 soulforce...and that's without any refines. (I learned this after checking urDian's gear....and wanting to jump out the window in shame.)

It's not the skill itself that's doing the damage as it is the soulforce of the Psychic due to heavy refines.

Not that complaining about it will fix the problem...Developers won't even fix barb aggro skills, let alone a semi-broken concept that makes them money from Dorbs and Refine Stones.

@ Oke: Oke...you disappoint me. The stun only lasts 1 second for every 5000 soulforce a Psychic has....not the total amount.

It's the same with EVERY Psychic skill except for two: Soulburn and Red Tide. They deal damage equal to the Psychic's Soulforce, but of course, Soulforce is actually more Physical damage than magical as we on the forums have determined. (After 5 months of testing and debating.)

Each of the Soul of Vengence/Silence/Stunning/Retaliation skills deal only a PERCENTAGE of the damage of the total soulforce depending on the level of the skill.

Of course....if you did research before assusing of the impossibility of us being able to be killed, you'd know that. Try Etacomb sometime, you'll find it useful.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011

@ Oke: Oke...you disappoint me. The stun only lasts 1 second for every 5000 soulforce a Psychic has....not the total amount.

It was an exaggeration. You didn't really believe that I thought I could get stunned for 89 hours did you? The last time I stunned myself on Dian, he had time to drink a cup of tea then come back and one shot me.
    Each of the Soul of Vengence/Silence/Stunning/Retaliation skills deal only a PERCENTAGE of the damage of the total soulforce depending on the level of the skill.

Of course....if you did research before assusing of the impossibility of us being able to be killed, you'd know that. Try Etacomb sometime, you'll find it useful.
    I didn't read rest of their posts and not really sure what they are talking about. I'm just doubting that R9+12 Psy can be killed alone, with so many soul points.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    It was an exaggeration. You didn't really believe that I thought I could get stunned for 89 hours did you? The last time I stunned myself on Dian, he had time to drink a cup of tea then come back and one shot me.

I didn't read rest of their posts and not really sure what they are talking about. I'm just doubting that R9+12 Psy can be killed alone, with so many soul points.

Good, I thought for a minute you had caught Woneo-itis. b:sad
    Don't SCARE me like that Oke, you're one of the few smart assassins I know.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited April 2011
    Smart Assassins? No such things b:laugh. Meh I don't even play Sin anymore. I might stat it back to pure DEX and get it G13 dags for farming. But then again, I hate farming.