A Pointless Thing

AsimM - Raging Tide
AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
So I took valuable time out of my day, and went out of my routine of utmost importance, just to see what it would be like if a wizard obtained the best damn gear in the game. Here's my result:

http://pwcalc.com/ed13a5ddb13f614e

b:laughb:laugh
"I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
Post edited by AsimM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• j3j34kj43j4jk
    j3j34kj43j4jk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cool story bro
  • /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver
    /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    cool story indeed
  • BlackbeIt - Sanctuary
    BlackbeIt - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I stopped looking once I saw what necklace and belt you used.
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Attempt to Fixed.

http://pwcalc.com/386124e48677d48c

seriously lvl 130?
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    zzzzzzzzzz why does every n00b do this? Loved the unattainable gear, being over the level cap, mixing shards in the same piece of gear (and not even using the best shards for most the gear), using the 15-20 second effect on buffs, and having more strength than neccessary. A better build would be.. http://pwcalc.com/09694580bc26270a, not like you're ever going to get it.. lol
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear
    BLcKLiGhT - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    riveting tale chap.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Let's check the flaws shall we?
    You didn't use the rank9 belt, which costs you the last set bonus (20 attack lvl), and thus nurfs your dmg massively

You used magic defence ornaments. Do I need to say more?
    The ONLY reason an arcane should wear mag def orns, is for the channeling. These don't even HAVE channeling. Get TT90 gold Strenght of the titans, the +5%hp is worth more than WITHOUT refines.
    The rings are kinda ****.
    Rank9 ring has more attack than those 2 tougether, rank8 ring has the same stats but 1 extra crit and hp instead of att lvl.
    OR you get lunar ring instead of rank8 for the 250 phys defence
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Attempt to Fixed.

http://pwcalc.com/386124e48677d48c

seriously lvl 130?

Winner, imho - not much for jades in weapon, but with rank 9 +12, do you really need the puny additional mag attack?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    Elendria - Dreamweaver Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Some changes on that build as I have that build actually :) You don't want Jade of Def in your weapon that is fail. As wizard what you seek the most is dmg, as much as you can get and I have my rank 9 weapon at +12 with 2x Iceborn. Steady Def should be left for your armor.

The wings of clowdcharger exchange for a Nirvana robe, you get +5 attack lvl as a bonus set with your helmet and more crit. You might think 1% doesn't make a difference, think again.

Also the lunar rings might give you pdef, but way less mag attack and less crit than the rank rings, so I would not want to wear those rings anymore. Trust me once you get the taste of the dmg you can make with the changes I told you, you will want more. One shotting lvl101bms not crit with a simple stone rain for 13.5k b:dirty

With that current build you are actually sacraficing 3k mag dmg on the lower and upper end and that's way too much to sacrafice as a wizard. Remember your goal is to kill as much as fast as possible. :)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Some changes on that build as I have that build actually :) You don't want Jade of Def in your weapon that is fail. As wizard what you seek the most is dmg, as much as you can get and I have my rank 9 weapon at +12 with 2x Iceborn. Steady Def should be left for your armor.

The wings of clowdcharger exchange for a Nirvana robe, you get +5 attack lvl as a bonus set with your helmet and more crit. You might think 1% doesn't make a difference, think again.

Also the lunar rings might give you pdef, but way less mag attack and less crit than the rank rings, so I would not want to wear those rings anymore. Trust me once you get the taste of the dmg you can make with the changes I told you, you will want more. One shotting lvl101bms not crit with a simple stone rain for 13.5k b:dirty

With that current build you are actually sacraficing 3k mag dmg on the lower and upper end and that's way too much to sacrafice as a wizard. Remember your goal is to kill as much as fast as possible. :)

b:crySHUT UP ELENDRIA YOU ARE TOO HAX
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Nuuu Mizi b:cry

And where have you been? b:kiss
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolololo

Jesus Christ guys. I was just having fun with this. It turned into a serious topic? b:laugh
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    If you can't beat them, confuse them with your strange choice of Gear.

Good Idea, Actually, Most Sins Brains' explode at the simplest of things, I guess a Confusing Build would be the best way to beat them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver
    /Hysteria/ - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Lolololo

Jesus Christ guys. I was just having fun with this. It turned into a serious topic? b:laugh

the forums are serious business yo. b:avoid
    edited April 2011

vs 500 pdef filtered through stonebarrier, cleric and bm buffs? Not saying 1 is necessarily better than the other, just saying, cloudcharger ain't a wrong choice.

Especially when you can account stash it on a level 45 alt, lol

At a certain point, enough magic attack is enough. And with rank 9 +12, I think you are there. That's why, although I said I don't subscribe to putting anything but sapphires in a wiz weapon, I don't necessary condemn the idea.

I would say that a lunar ring in place of the rank 9 ring is probably a mistake unless you KNOW you are only against physical attacks (e.g. getting camped in west gate by rank 8 or better sins, then 2 lunar is help - you don't need more mag attack to hand them most of the time). But the rank 8 ring? Its a toss up imo.

My goal is to have fun. Unless and until everyone else has rank 9 and are 1 shotting me, I'm in no hurry to gear myself out of fun pk but making everyone else on the server a 1-shot with a not crit with a simple stonerain for 13.5k b:surrender
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    vs 500 pdef filtered through stonebarrier, cleric and bm buffs? Not saying 1 is necessarily better than the other, just saying, cloudcharger ain't a wrong choice.

Especially when you can account stash it on a level 45 alt, lol

I understand, but then put it on your alt :). Trust me the more attack lvl you can get the better. I was the other day with another rank9 wiz in delta and his weapon is only +10. But since he is wearing the rank9 belt already he has 20 attack lvl more and he was pulling sometimes aggro off me.

At a certain point, enough magic attack is enough.

That statement is a killer in wizis ears b:chuckle You can "never" have enough magic attack b:cute

I would say that a lunar ring in place of the rank 9 ring is probably a mistake unless you KNOW you are only against physical attacks (e.g. getting camped in west gate by rank 8 or better sins, then 2 lunar is help - you don't need more mag attack to hand them most of the time). But the rank 8 ring? Its a toss up imo.

When you reach a certain amount of pdef, the def in % goes up just minimal. So trust me it doesn't make sence to go higher with your pdef and sacrafice mag attack. Especially since you shard you armor with so many def lvls. Sins are no big deal. All you have to do is absolute domain once they hit you, then pop an ironguard and make quick process with them. But trust me all you want is dmg and you can never get enough of it. If that takes out your fun in the game if you one shot people I understand but thats your choice. Generally wizards always seek the highest dmg possible.
    edited April 2011
    Trust me the more attack lvl you can get the better.

Again, not saying it isn't necessarily "better", just saying i can totally see someone preferring cloudcharger to 5 more attack level, especially when you already have +90 attack level.
    That statement is a killer in wizis ears b:chuckle You can "never" have enough magic attack b:cute[/COLOR]

Eh, thats why the first pieces of rank 9 i got were armor, not weapon. Some go all out for attack power. I like to be able to take a few hits more and have to bypass a charm instead of just 1 shotting someone for 100% of their hp. Its more fun to actually have a fight when you pk, not just a series of 1 shots. But I'm on a small server, and I always said that when our server gets to the point that everyone is in rank 9, I am sure I will get the weapon too. Well, probably sometime before that, but you get the idea.
    When you reach a certain amount of pdef, the def in % goes up just minimal.

first part is true, but you are taking away cloudcharger and both lunar rings? 10k+ pdef buffed or might as well just lie down.

Also, as for the diminishing returns, don't point that out to some people, they think that elemental shell is soooo op because of its increase in resistances even though, end game, especially if buffed, its only a few percentage points.
    All you have to do is absolute domain once they hit you, then pop an ironguard and make quick process with them.

Domain removes a stun? You can ironguard while stunned? Hmm . . . .

My sin encounters where I win (few though they are) usually involve:

Sin: stun outta stealth

Me: Expel

Sin: hacking through expel, or stealth, or stack occult, or waiting patiently to stun me again

Me: wait for expel to wear off, spamming sleep

Me: either sleep goes off or i get stunned and die

Me: if sleep goes off, sutra/zooming thunder + mountain seize - if stun sin, usually finish off through sutra or throw on a seal and finish him.

Domain vs sins ---->higher cost I think than expel, shorter duration, more visible than expel, and short duration of anti stun usually never lines up with sins attacks.
  • Elendria - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Domain doesn't remove stun. But the sin stun is only 5 seconds, if they got demon headhunt maybe six seconds. So you wait with your domain after they stun you for 3 seconds then fire off domain which will make you immune to dmg and stun as soon as the stun effect from the first hit wears off, meaning the sin cannot keep you stun locked even if he prays for it.

As soon as the stun effect wears off you use ironguard which makes you immune to dmg for 12 seconds, enough time to make short process with the sin. Remember that alot of sins run around with pdef ornaments instead of elemental, which makes them extremly weak to any kind of magic dmg. Combine that weakness with an undine strike and its most likely a one shot.

To the pdef part. I think it all depends if you are a demon or sage wizard. As a demon wizard you get 150% pdef with your stone barrier, which might sound minimal but trust me it's not. I am not weariing a cloud charger but have all buffed 18k pdef and with your rank 9 armor +10 or as they stated earlier +12 you have so much hp. My current hp with my gear at only +10 I have buffed 14442 hp. That combined with 18kpdef and currenlty 40def lvls makes it very hard for anyone to kill me.

I am in TW taking 2bms, 2 sins and one archer in the face and my charm keeps ticking but it takes them a while to kill me, sometimes they can't kill me and I kill all 5 while they are hitting on me. So like I said in situations like that I have all the def that I need, what I need next is fire power to kill them while they are trying to kill me. So when you get to one shot one or two of them trust me its a good feeling ;)

When I refine my gear to +12 I will take some of the vit shards out and replace them with DEF lvl +2, so plan is to get up to 60 def lvl. But like I said no DEF lvl shards into weapon, you can put plenty in your armor.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Domain doesn't remove stun. But the sin stun is only 5 seconds, if they got demon headhunt maybe six seconds. So you wait with your domain after they stun you for 3 seconds then fire off domain which will make you immune to dmg and stun as soon as the stun effect from the first hit wears off, meaning the sin cannot keep you stun locked even if he prays for it.

As soon as the stun effect wears off you use ironguard which makes you immune to dmg for 12 seconds, enough time to make short process with the sin. Remember that alot of sins run around with pdef ornaments instead of elemental, which makes them extremly weak to any kind of magic dmg. Combine that weakness with an undine strike and its most likely a one shot.

To the pdef part. I think it all depends if you are a demon or sage wizard. As a demon wizard you get 150% pdef with your stone barrier, which might sound minimal but trust me it's not. I am not weariing a cloud charger but have all buffed 18k pdef and with your rank 9 armor +10 or as they stated earlier +12 you have so much hp. My current hp with my gear at only +10 I have buffed 14442 hp. That combined with 18kpdef and currenlty 40def lvls makes it very hard for anyone to kill me.

I am in TW taking 2bms, 2 sins and one archer in the face and my charm keeps ticking but it takes them a while to kill me, sometimes they can't kill me and I kill all 5 while they are hitting on me. So like I said in situations like that I have all the def that I need, what I need next is fire power to kill them while they are trying to kill me. So when you get to one shot one or two of them trust me its a good feeling ;)

When I refine my gear to +12 I will take some of the vit shards out and replace them with DEF lvl +2, so plan is to get up to 60 def lvl. But like I said no DEF lvl shards into weapon, you can put plenty in your armor.

just fyi, headhunt description is bugged. It's 7 seconds lvl 10 and sage, and 8 seconds for demon. Tele stun is also messed up.. lvl 10 is 6 secs, sage is 5, and demon is 7.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.