Why remove the gates?

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
Sorry - you're removed the gates from FB39/51/59?

Why?

That was one of the interesting things to learn in the game - and, perhaps more importantly, was a teaching experience in slowly increasing complexity leading up to the horror that is the gate system in 79. (The ones in 99 seem to get simpler again.)

That just seems.... poor.

So, let me guess:
Some dev, whilst adding the new boss stuff, accidentally broke something in 51, so you removed the gates entirely.

Sheesh. One of the only things where "I spent lots of money on packs" isn't important.

And you take it away and give level 90 characters 5k xp.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Um, what gates?

You mean the doors in BH/FB instances?

They were working earlier today for me, in BH51 and BH29. Or are you talking about something else?

And yeah, they are annoying, especially the one in BH69, BH79, and BH59. in that order.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the gms removed the gates from fb 39/51/59 are you seriously complaining about that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because PW is too hard as it is. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ...idiots. what they mean by gates is the extra ones in different instances, like when you finish 39 and it says "the gates blahblahblah are open..." they removed them, and there is a secret boss added to 51, not the who freakin gate system removed.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I read the patch notes, so now I'm on the same page QQ

And we won't know until we run the instances later today (it's after midnight, so therefore, Wednesday now). Since I have to go to class at 6:30 am tomorrow, I'm going to bed. I'll find out tomorrow, most likely amidst MASSIVE and UNENDING QQ.

Well... Unending QQ is all that happens around here, so whatever.

b:bye
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Because PW is too hard as it is. b:surrender

My thoughts exactly. "omg, this is too confusing /ragequit" b:sweat
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    ...idiots. What They Mean By Gates Is The Extra Ones In Different Instances, Like When You Finish 39 And It Says "the Gates Blahblahblah Are Open..." They Removed Them, And There Is A Secret Boss Added To 51, Not The Who Freakin Gate System Removed.

qft45678910
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Am I happy they got rid of the gates? Yes and no...

Yes, because it helps stacked bh'ers get out of 59 fast. It's bad enough no one wants to wine it.

No, because they were removed AFTER I left bh59 range...
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    has anyone ever run fb51 "backwards"? It was quite interesting to do it taking the left path first and opening a different set of doors, taking a different path - getting to rankar first, doing fushma second, and following the path where you normally kill the guard after fushma back around to get to wyvern. sure its a convoluted less straightforward way of doing the instance - but it was fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    They want to make it quicker to level up, so you start spending money on rank 9 sooner.

idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What gates? I'm still lost.
    The doors in the instances. The ones you used to have to kill the guards to get past.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is freaking stupid....

EDIT:
    Thanks PWI for the weekly bug fixes...oh wait nvm
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • Teje - Dreamweaver
    Teje - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seriously? I'm totally convinced PWI has got the biggest amount of whiners of any game ever.
    So you can wine and kill 1 less mob. Woohoo, big deal!
  • SoulRequiem - Sanctuary
    SoulRequiem - Sanctuary Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not to consider now Sins can steatlh all the way to bosses without worrying to tele beyond the gates.

Hey,let's make the game even more easier(And boring),let's reduce those BH's bosses Hp and attack by half,to help those nubs that QQ over the slightest difficulty....
    WTB>More Fash
    Currently Want-to-buy list>>(W=White;B=Black;A=Any color)
    ((W. Steampunk Top \\ W. Aegan Dress \\ W. Road Warrior Vest and Shorts \\ W. Cougar Top \\ W. Barfighter Top \\B. Chipao \\ Trading B. Shinobi Set to White \\ B. Bowknot Top \\ W. Porcelian Dress \\ B. Leopard Boots \\W. Corsair Dress \\ B. Debutante Dress \\ W. Sunshine Blouse \\ W. Tiger Lily Dress \\ W. Stardust Dress \\ \\ Red Bikini Bottom \\ W. Crown Princess Dress))
  • ExodusKnight - Archosaur
    ExodusKnight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Seriously? I'm totally convinced PWI has got the biggest amount of whiners of any game ever.
    So you can wine and kill 1 less mob. Woohoo, big deal!

+1 some players just don't stop QQ'ing it's the only thing they're good at. They QQ literally about everything that get's added or removed from the game. b:sweat
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I like this change. No more resetting bh59..