AsimM's Guide to Wizardry (You asked fo' it)

AsimM - Raging Tide
AsimM - Raging Tide Posts: 182 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Wizard
So, you picked Wizard, eh?

What have you done?!!

I'm not here to tell you all the stuff that the others did: **** defense, high damage, blah blah. To answer that question up there, you clicked on the human race, and scrolled one to the right. Did I do a good job? Thanks.

Chapter 1 (Of a billion)

1.1 (This is for organization, for me. Not for you. You're not worthy yet.)
The Builds

Pure Build: Good job! You're what we call a "glass cannon." Understand the joke? Because I'm not explaining it. If you stick with this little adventure, till the end, you'll be in fights where whoever hits first, wins. Simple as that. To do this, you will add just enough strength to equip your epic Arcane Armor. This means that your HP, and pdef will be slightly worse than Lady GaGa's future. (No offense intended.) Your critical hit level will be so low, that if you get a crit, it'll be pronounced as an official worldwide holiday. And your opponent will die 99.9999999999% of the time. This is my preferred build, and I'm open to any other opinions, because there are tons of 'em. So I have no choice. And if you pick another build, I promise I won't watch you sleep at night. Oh and one more thing. Shard, shard, shard, shard. Shard. Shard. Need me to repeat it again? Add pdef shards and/or HP shards. They'll make you live an average of 2 seconds longer, just enough to buttrape 'em before you die.

LA (Light Armor) Build: If you guessed that I'm listing these builds by how popular they are, you're 99.9% correct. The other .1% reason I picked this is because I think that this is a cockroach away from being the better build (In my opinion). Hmm lemme think of an analogy for this one. You're an...apprentice Sniper with a bulletproof vest. Get it? You'll get headshots sometimes, but not always. And that bulletproof vest is a VEST afterall. You'll have higher hp (Assuming you sharded your ****), higher crit rate (So it's no longer a holiday, more like an anticipated weekend) and higher pdef because of....well the Light Armor. You'll need to add stuff to strength and dexterity instead of your favorite magic attribute, and you'll be rewarded for it likewise. Your crit will most likely buttrape (my favorite word) your opponent, and they'll be as destroyed as that kid in The Kite Runner. (Cruel joke, I know). Shard your **** with HP stuff, you don't need more pdef. I know you wanna be a Wizbarb, but it's not possible. Sorry to break your hopes/dreams.

HA (Heavy Armor) Build: Oh well, if you wanna discuss this, okay! You'll be equipping the armor that men wear to battle, in those movies. It'll look awesome. You'll be that Wizbarb that I previously broke your dreams in. You won't be able to equip your awesome weapons that allow you to nuke, though. If you crit, congratulations? Who threw that piece of paper! You'll have awesome HP, you'll live as long as you desire, and you'll be in fights where you can go AFK and might as well grab a drink while you're at it.

Melee Mage Build: DO EET! I recommend this build for all mages. You'll be the funniest guy in town! If you roll with this, I promise you, I will lol for a couple days, then WILL watch you sleep.

Chapter 2: The skills and priorities

Fire

[Based on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most important] <<
Saves time and keys typed for me.

Pyrogram: A little fire skill that does a nice amount of damage. Priority: 10

Crown Of Flame: Does fire damage over time. Use it to poke people or mobs. Priority: 1

Will of the Pheonix: Knocks things back, and does a good amount of fire damage. Priority: 9

Emberstorm: Aka "The Suicide Spell" <<--I made it up. Use it if you need a charm removed. Priority: 1

Blade Tempest: Max it. Love it. Use it. It'll **** almost any Arcane/LA user in a single hit. Priority: 10

Divine Pyrogram: Almost forgot. It's the pyrogram + longer cast + damage. Simple. Priority: 9

Fire Mastery: Hmm. Passive skill that adds 20% damage to your element. Priority: 5-6

Pyroshell (Fire shield thing): Shield that'll boost your fire resistance up, and increase HP recovery rate. Priority: 5-6ish

Water

Gush: This is pyro, but water form. It also doesn't take 10 seconds to reach the person if at a large range. Priority: 10

Glacial Embrace: Fire Shield's adopted sibiling? It'll boost your water resistance & MP rate. Priority: 5-6ish

Hailstorm: Ahh the ambiguous Hailstorm. It'll do some damage, and chance to freeze someone in their tracks. Priority: 4 (But some strongly disagree)

Morning Dew: Yes it counts as water. It heals stuff, w/ a slow channeling time. (So you can't be a pro cleric, sorry). Priority: 5 (But some disagree)

Frostblade: It'll give a weapon an added water attack according to your base mag. These days, A.P.S (Attacks per seconds) people LOVE it. Get Lvl 1 and satisfy their craving (Not by getting White Castle). Priority: 1

Glacial Snare: Aka. The other water spell you actually care about. Get it to 10 when you can. Priority: 8

Black Ice Dragon Strike (BIDS): Ahh the one spell that makes you scary. It has the most base damage out of all others. Ijs. Priority: 10

Water Mastery: Increases your water damage by X%. Priority: 5-6

Earth

Stone Rain: Your first slow-ish cast spell. It "rocks." Get it? Ehh never mind. Priority: 10

Stone Shield: It adds to your Earth Defense and your PDEF. Get it! You'll go Rocky for it. Priority: 10

Pitfall: It's like Crown of Flame, it does earth damage and slows. I'd rather go fall in a pit. Get it? Priority: 1

Sandstorm: It casts really, really slowly, but does awesome amounts of damage. Priority: 9

Force of Will: You'll finally be able to shut people up. Get it? It silences people, making them unable to cast for X seconds. .3 per level. Priority: 7

Mountain's Seize: You might underestimate it's Area of Effect Stun. Unless you're really, really unlucky. Priority: 10 (Above BIDS but below BT)

Earth Mastery (Almost forgot): Increases your earth damage by X%. Priority: 5-6ish.

OTHER MISC. SKILLS

Undine Strike: The reason you should party when you get to 79. Lowers Earth, Fire, and Water resistances by 60% for 12 seconds. Yes it's so good, I memorized it's effects. Priority: 10

Soporific Whisper: It's an instant cast spell that puts people to sleep in their tracks for 4 seconds. Priority: After Undine Strike.

Elemental Shell: It'll make your resistances 1000% better for 4 seconds. Priority: After Whisper.

Distant Shrink: It'll teleport you away from danger. Priority: 8

Elemental Invocation: It'll do all sorts of stuff that I don't feel like listing. Priority: If you get there, tell me. I'll give you a hug.

Manifest Virtue: It takes your mana, divides it by 100, and tacks a "%" onto it, increasing your magic attack by that much for 30 seconds. Priority: Same as Invocation.

Essential Suttra: The first word of this says it all. It cuts all your channeling for 6 seconds. Priority: 10

Wellspring Surge: It increases that mp pool to pwn all the others. Priority: 7-8ish

Leveling

Okay, so here's a level breakdown of what I think you should be doing as you progress as a wizard.

1-30: Uhh quest until your heart gives in!

30-40: You can quest, do Dailies (Such as Crazy Stone), and GRIND

40-79: Quest less often, DO BOUNTY HUNTER QUESTS, Do Crazy Stone often, and pray.

79-101: Bounty Hunter quests, Crazy Stone for Sprit if needed, and Frostcovered City runs (FC).

101+: Hmm, good luck.

Your roll in all of this

Well you may ask yourself, how did I get here??!

No you probably won't, but you may ask yourself, what's my roll in this inflated Perfect World economy?

The answer is, that you will DEAL DAMAGE. Everyone wants you because you hit big numbers, and it saves them time in dungeon runs, bosses, and miscellaneous things. Nowadays, people want all these A.P.S people for their dungeon runs and bosses(since they have better things to do in real life), but you're better than that. You'll create your own runs, and do it much faster.
Kidding. I do need to recommend you to create an alt while you reach endgame with your wizard. A cleric, or assassin perhaps. They are the classes that are easy-to-find-squads kind of classes, and are easily able to farm gear in this apparent "Perfect" world.
Clerics being able to get second choice in every Twilight Temple run

Assassins being their own pro cleric, with the skill bloodpaint.

WARNING: THIS IS NOT A 2-WEEK PLAN. IT WILL TAKE ABOUT 4 MONTHS AT LEAST.

If you guessed that your other roll as a wizard is to reach endgame, then you somehow guessed exactly what I was going to say next. I will shortly report you to professionals.
Yes, you will be exceptional at PvP by the time you reach endgame. Just look at the amazing skills we get in the...well, "Skills" section. You'll be one-shotting things that you thought impossible at those lower levels.

Also by endgame, you'll be so good at PvP, that you'll forget at how good you are at....PvE! You'll be 3 shotting mobs that are a good 1-2 levels higher level than you, without any trouble. If you demon spark, it'll last long enough where you'll get a good 3 mobs killed before it wears off. This section is to make up for bagging on our class earlier, if I did. I forget.

Frostcovered City Runs

>>>>>> Okay, this'll be your primary method of leveling when you reach late 7x's, and until you play long enough to reach 105. When you do, again, tell me, and I'll give you a hug.

>>>>I personally started FC'ing (The hip term these days for running Frostcovered City) when I reached 78. I ran my first run and died...a lot.

>>>You can start whenever you feel confident enough to do so. If you're a barb (which is not what this guide is for), you might want to run FC Trail runs with high leveled, experienced peeps. If you're a wizard (which is why you're reading this), then all you do is kill them before they kill you. This means that AOE'ing at the right time will not only enable you to survive, but everyone else will too. And you'll be their hero.

>>>>AOE too early, and they're going to kill you like the Brits killed the innocent Irish people during that whatever event. Your death will be considered "Sunday Bloody Sunday." Just sayin'.

>>>>AOE too late, and if you're low level enough, you're going to be the outcast of the FC group. You'll either wipe the squad, or wipe yourself and all the Damage Dealers (DD's). This is not good. Clearly. You'll have to release, since you died in the midst of a million mobs waiting to buttrape you and your cleric.

At the later levels, the others will be pro enough to wipe the mobs by themselves, and they'll just laugh at you. Still not good.

I wish you good FC'ing and stuff!

Demon or Sage?

So you FC'd and stuff long enough to get to the big Level 89! Congratulations, you're officially pro.

Now you'll get a pop-up prompt to see either the Sage guide, or the Demon guide. I'll tell you the pros and cons of both, and list the skill bonus advantages to both paths. This'll take some time, so it'll be rather incomplete before I finish it entirely.

Sage

Pros: Black Ice Dragon Strike. 'Nuff Said. If you crit with BIDS while it's in sage mode (Sage mode increases the chance of this particular skill's critical hit rate.), you'll probably win. At everything. Just go "Hey barb, I have sage BIDS, Ijs." And he'll run. I saw a well geared wizard crit for 28K with this skill

>The sage spark: This spark will reduce damage by 25%, so you're gonna be happy when 4K turns to 1K. You're gonna live longer, and have the same 700% damage increase that's in Demon spark.

>Sage Dragon's Breath: This skill will get a hefty 20% chance to stun on a hit. If you do stun, you'll have a big smirk on your face.

>Sage Divine Pyrogram: It'll reduce their fire resistance by 20%. Hit 'em with pyro and see that damage increase a little. I guess this counts as a pro.

>Chi machine: You get that chi skill that'll make sure you're never at 0 chi. Just sayin'

Cons

>All other skills: All skills that I didn't mention in the pro's, are complete ****, in my opinion. (No trollin')

>>Actually, there's no other cons, it's why so many wizards go sage<<

Demon!

Pros: Pyrogram: Yes, even this is worth getting. It'll reduce channeling time, which according to my math ='s good.

Gush: Yep. It'll tack on an extra 600 damage. We love damage, right? Well you may ask yourself: Only 600? I say, it's the difference between 13.4K, and 14K. Just sayin'.

Divine Pyrogram: Yep, this also reduces channeling. And you have to agree that it needed it.

Sandstorm: It tacks on an extra 1200 damage. So worth the rareness of this skill book.

Stone Barrier: Aka. the reason why most wizards go demon. It'll go 150% pdef instead of your old 100%. It'll increase survivability.

Mountain's Seize: You know. The big rock skill? It'll increase the AOE stun range of this skill, great for TW and mass PvP, which is the same thing usually. Unless you're really, really, really unlucky.

Will of the Pheonix: It'll increase the AOE range by 50%, it's pretty useful. Also worth the rareness of the skill book for this.

Glacial Snare: It'll reduce channeling time, again. This skill needed it too, you have to agree.

Force of Will: It'll reduce the cooldown, so you can shut people up faster. By 2 seconds. Not that much, but worth it, ish.

Morning Dew: You know, your procleric skill. It'll make this skill similar to Ironheart Blessing, the cleric skill that recovers HP over time. It'll recover an extra 200 hp every 3 seconds. If you're bad at math, that's an extra 600 hp. I think it's worth getting.

Demon spark: It's red. Nuff Said. But seriously, it's like the sage spark, 700% extra damage, but this one has a special little side effect. It'll increase channeling by 25%.

Cons:

>Chi: Yep, you better have an opposite sex partner beside you, or you'll be spamming skills on yourself.

>Black Ice Dragon Strike: You'll be missing out on that awesome increase in critical hit rate.

>Trolls: Self explanatory.

Demon/Sage skills & Prices

As I list the skills, they'll be referring both to Demon and Sage versions:::

Pyrogram: If you don't have it, or bought it for more than 200K, go shove a jalapeno up your eye.

Gush: Same thing as for Pyrogram.

Pyroshield: If you get it for either, Congratulations?

Glacial Embrace (Water shield): If you get it, you get hp regeneration while meditating. Again, congratulations?

Stone Shield: Sage version, congratulations. Demon version: Really rare. Try n' get lucky. And love it if you do.

Stone Rain: For both, it's relatively easy to get, and cheap. Get it and move on.

Crown of Flame: Huh. It's moderately rare, and not worth it (The price).

Hailstorm: Some think it's worth getting. I don't. It's moderately rare, again.

Divine Pyrogram: Both versions are totally worth getting. Also moderately rare to get & moderate price.

Morning Dew: Sage version is ****. Demon version is rare, and gogogo get it. Both are expensive.

Pitfall: Hmm. It's moderately rare, and moderately priced. Not worth the price to me.

Dragon's Breath: Sage & Demon are both pretty good. And easy to make yourself. Go get it.

Wellspring Quaff: I guess both versions are decent. Go get it if there's nothing else. Price depends on person.

Distant Shrink: Yes. Go get it whenever possible. It's rare and moderately expensive though.

Will of the Pheonix: Just get it to get it. It's rare and I've never come across the price.

Frostblade: Get it when EVERYTHING else is learned.

Sandstorm: Sage increases the decrease in accuracy...if that made sense. Demon does more damage. It all depends on how rare you think it is. Price is pretty high-ish.

Emberstorm: Both have pretty good effects. Demon = stun, Sage = No charm tick. Get it I guess? I've not come across it, so I have no further information on it.

Glacial Snare: Get to to get it, again. Both are rare and moderately high priced.

Force of Will: Sage gets a **** AOE, Demon gets a little tiny cooldown reduction. Get it if you come across it. Actually, in my server, I see it for 6-8m.

Blade Tempest: Give it to me when you find it. It's high priced and rare. Both are worth getting.

Black Ice Dragon Strike: Sage is horribly high priced. Demon is high priced. Get it and love it.

Mountain's Seize: Demon is PROBABLY high priced. So is sage. Get it and use it. Might love it.

Fire, Water, Earth Masteries: Get them, I guess. They're available pretty rapidly. And for 3-5m on my server.

Last bunch of comments.

....I'll do it later.
"I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
Post edited by AsimM - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    just stop. You don't know enough about this game/class to be writing an informative guide IMHO.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    just stop. You don't know enough about this game/class to be writing an informative guide IMHO.

Yay my first troll! b:thanksb:laugh
    "I would say that the worst band ever, Black Eyed Peas, played at the 2011 Superbowl, but I couldn't possibly take that title away from Nickelback"

- Drew Flowers
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Yay my first troll! b:thanksb:laugh

not a troll, the fact that you think a crit from a pure int wiz will kill an opponent "99.9999999999%" of the time just shows you don't know what you are talking about. You are still 9x, and judging by the questions from your other posts/threads.. are still learning the fundamentals of the class. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't really think you should be offering advice atm.. lol
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Good troll, it's somewhat funny xD He's not like some "**** you off with BS" trolls. And it's not like what he said was totally wrong, at least in the builds part, if you understand 2nd degree. As for the skill part, I'd say.... meh.
    If you have experience with the game it's funny, but it's true that it's misinformation for newbies who just created a wiz.
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Good troll, it's somewhat funny xD He's not like some "**** you off with BS" trolls. And it's not like what he said was totally wrong, at least in the builds part, if you understand 2nd degree. As for the skill part, I'd say.... meh.
    If you have experience with the game it's funny, but it's true that it's misinformation for newbies who just created a wiz.

You do make a good point, I'm overdoing it with the comedy too much to realize that this is supposed to be for newbies to the game.

- Drew Flowers
  • Asherkill - Raging Tide
    Asherkill - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol most of the stuff you said in here has all ready been said in other guides. but yours was pretty funny seems kinda incomplete but i didnt read it all so you might add more i guess
    nice try lol =)
    eeew gltich. no its been there for 3 months its one of pwi many features :D
  • kknboy
    kknboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I think this is fun to read b:pleased. I also read The Kite Runner and you brought back my memories about how sad that part of the book was b:cry. Looking forward to read the rest.
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    kknboy wrote: »
    I think this is fun to read b:pleased. I also read The Kite Runner and you brought back my memories about how sad that part of the book was b:cry. Looking forward to read the rest.

Next he can talk about how the girl got owned in Bridge to Terabithia
  • Nurfed_You - Harshlands
    Nurfed_You - Harshlands Posts: 754 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    can this thread die now plox?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    Next he can talk about how the girl got owned in Bridge to Terabithia

YES

I am so gonna make that analogy in if I get a chance to write more. b:laugh

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    kknboy wrote: »

Haha I know, I almost cried.

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    not a troll, the fact that you think a crit from a pure int wiz will kill an opponent "99.9999999999%" of the time just shows you don't know what you are talking about. You are still 9x, and judging by the questions from your other posts/threads.. are still learning the fundamentals of the class. Nothing wrong with that, but I don't really think you should be offering advice atm.. lol

Wow I just saw this post. b:laugh Well I wasn't suggesting that a crit will kill the opponent that % of the time, I was suggesting the build will to add some positive hyperbole to it.

- Drew Flowers
  • Smokesalot - Heavens Tear
    Smokesalot - Heavens Tear Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i liked it.
    skil importance was useful.
    pretty much the same every where else.
    anyone have a sage demon skill benefit guide?
  • nemeritz
    nemeritz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Asim u nub .. the reason u kill 99.9999999% of the time is cause someone else already got ur opponent to 1 hp b:surrender
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't belive the lost city trolls chomped down hard on another troll guide, lol.

go OP, go!
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't belive the lost city trolls chomped down hard on another troll guide, lol.

go OP, go!

chomped down hard? "another" troll guide? lol @ you trying to say your poor attempt at a guide was a troll after it failed hard.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    chomped down hard? "another" troll guide? lol @ you trying to say your poor attempt at a guide was a troll after it failed hard.

my thoughts exactly b:chuckle
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    um, succeeded brilliantly.

its ok though, im in a new faction that is very anti drama, so i'm trying to be a good wiz now. this was probably a bad start, but sometimes i just can't help myself.

constructive criticism - spend less time telling people they are fail, and put that time into doing your own.

For example, Adroits genie thread is nice, problem is there have been a handful of people that still ask these questions and you have to point them to the thread, which when its inactive is harder for people (noobs) to find.

Wouldn't it be nice if that were in a guide that most noobs could read when they start, then when it comes time to perfect their genies can say "gee, there was a section on this in the guide, i should go back and look"?

edit:remove troll about there not being sufficient opportunity to stroke your egos by being the "answer men" on the forums. New leaf. New leaf.
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    i liked it.
    skil importance was useful.
    pretty much the same every where else.
    anyone have a sage demon skill benefit guide?

Working on that. I'll try not to make it so that Demons don't look like the "better" path people.

- Drew Flowers
  • AsimM - Raging Tide
    edited April 2011
    nemeritz wrote: »
    Asim u nub .. the reason u kill 99.9999999% of the time is cause someone else already got ur opponent to 1 hp b:surrender

Pff if I got a Lvl 30 to distract a 10x, I'll take 5-10K hp before he/she dies. Demon spark ftw. b:laugh

- Drew Flowers
This discussion has been closed.