Is it really that bad??

_romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide
_romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Twilight Temple (West)
Hello there lost city people. I am thinking about coming to lost city, but whenever i tell anyone back on raging tides, all i hear is "QQ have fun getting pked 24/7" or "have fun never leveling at all". so i decided i would come to the forums and get your opinions. with this in mind, i have some questions.

1.do you really get rpked to the point where you cant get anything done? i dont mind rpk, i just dont want it to be so bad to where i cant even get a regular quest done.

2.is the server really dead? i hear all the time LC is a dead server, is this true?

3.having played on a pvp server, which kind of server do you prefer(PvE or PvP), and why?

If there is anything else you think i should know changing to a PvP server, please, add it to your response.

Thanks guys.b:bye
Post edited by _romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Katness - Lost City
    Katness - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    the RPK is nowhere near being able to never level. it's as its called.. "random" pking. not continuous b:chuckle the server is not dead, quite the contrary. and PVP<PVE b:cute
  • KedgeSniper - Lost City
    KedgeSniper - Lost City Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1) i doubt rpk that horrible.. Specially cause everyone at Frost lving their alts/themselves.

Obviously in spots like west arch, Silver pool and other areas.. where usually people hang around.

Other than that.. I really doubt people go to areas for lv 40-70.

What do you lose if you get rpk anyways...

Unless you have dolls/scrolls.. which would be kinda dumb. Theres really nothing you lose other than going back to the same spot you got kill. If someone camps that spot.. You move to another spot.

(People that ragequit cus of rpk.. shouldnt be allow to play the game.)

2) I think all servers slowly dying.

3) Pvp server is obviously more fun. Allow to kill anyone or the way around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Face the fear. Face a war. Face the world.
    Leeching CQ salary since 09'
    Many names, Common Faces.
  • Xnastyx - Lost City
    Xnastyx - Lost City Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    This is Lost City. U can't handle it?!We destroy all idiots under lvl 99b:angry

P.S. Its seriously that badb:bye
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I can't seem to find the rankings anymore. Perhaps they are not functioning after the forum change, but I'd say all you'd have to do is look there. From my memory, the majority of 105 and 104 characters are in Lost City. That much says that the statement of never leveling is not true.

I personally love Lost City. Being pked sure is annoying, but it makes the game a little more realistic. And there's always something else to do if someone's camping you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Hello there lost city people. I am thinking about coming to lost city, but whenever i tell anyone back on raging tides, all i hear is "QQ have fun getting pked 24/7" or "have fun never leveling at all". so i decided i would come to the forums and get your opinions. with this in mind, i have some questions.

1.do you really get rpked to the point where you cant get anything done? i dont mind rpk, i just dont want it to be so bad to where i cant even get a regular quest done.
    Bull****. Though if you're lazy just go the hyper frost route. Though many people these days only sell the big room, and they are getting even more greedy by only selling heads :/
    2.is the server really dead? i hear all the time LC is a dead server, is this true?
    Again, more bull****. LC has the same, if not more, people than HT (Heaven's Tear) and HT was the first server ever made.
    3.having played on a pvp server, which kind of server do you prefer(PvE or PvP), and why?
    PvP>PvE
    If there is anything else you think i should know changing to a PvP server, please, add it to your response.
    Uhm....about the only thing you need to know is that if people add you to KOS it is actually a possible alarm because the moment you step outside a SZ you are free target. Not too many NON-RPK factions, lots of RPK factions. Ehhh.....Not much else you can learn from text. Reroll and experience it for yourself.

/5char
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Nop its not that bad im doing an alt cleric lvl 74 atmm i got rpk only one time and yes i do all my quests...

The hard lvls is the 30s 40s but once u get near swif and so on theres no one around no one does quests anymore...

ANd u listen to from RT please...
  • SilverMinx - Lost City
    SilverMinx - Lost City Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited April 2011

RPKing anywhere outside the hot spots is a pretty rare occurrance. May get a bit annoying when questing near silverpool because that is close to a hot spot and some take advantage of the easy kills. Sad really, back 2 years ago I would get rpk'd regularly every time I tried to quest/grind to level. It was annoying but at least not boring (which it is now). You really had to try to outsmart the rpk'ers to get quests done LOL - now you just fight to stay awake!

No server not dead. Been a surge recently with the new expansion and TW map reset bringing some old players outta retirement. Just most do instance work or hang at the PvP hot spots.

Its far too late for me now but I think I would actually prefer PvE server. Many players (especially those with OP end-game gear) seem to have a sickness in the head - as in people I thought use to be cool and fun are nothing but a-holes now :( And for me Sins really ruin what fun I do have PvP'ing.

No matter what anyone says the choice really has to be your own - try it and find out :)

Please note my comments above :)
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited April 2011

u can get quests done, getting rpked 24/7 is not true. in fact, its pretty peaceful in LC

no LC is the most elite server, n it is not dead. n it will never dies, after so much cash shopping fro most ppl, its hard to quit this game

LC is always the elite n most interesting server, why? because we can pvp, u can kill ppl without their consent. its like real life, if u hate some one, then u go beat him up. then dramas arose, tats where the fun is.

u r welcomed, the more people in one single server the better. it make u feel like u r playing an mmo. mmo with very little ppl will suck. we need more ppl

1000 chars
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Not true. The only reason you have a hard time at 3x is because your in Silverpool which is a hot PK-zone. Once you past 3x (Hidden Orchid and Silverpool) you will rarely die to a PKer.

Not true. The only reason you'll never be able to get a quest done is because your ego gets in the way and you begin trash talking. People may only PK you once or twice. They'll only repeatedly kill you if you trash talk.

More lively than Archosaur, Raging Tides, and Harshlands.

It might be less lively than Heavens Tear (PvE and sheer number).

But ratio activity wise Lost City has a higher fraction of active people: Proof is when Lost City won the inter-server 2x exp cube challenge.

Having played both I prefer PvP. There is less trash-talking because on a PvP server you can call out the trash-talkers.

If they stay in the safe-zone, screenshot and publicly humiliate.
    If they come out of safe-zone, kill them and publicly humiliate.
  • _romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide
    _romeo_blb__ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Thanks everyone for your awesome responses!b:victory

And i think i will be re rolling on your server soon, so look for me!
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Your problem is listening to all the idiots on RT. For some reason RT breeds most of PWI's stupid people.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Your problem is listening to all the idiots on RT. For some reason RT breeds most of PWI's stupid people.

Personally I think HL has more stupid people that RT. RT has some funny people to make up for the stupid ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Freizer - Lost City
    Freizer - Lost City Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    it's something in the air to draw them all there so that they stay off of our servers
    Lost City Sage barb and Retired Coven Marshal.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    well when you do start pking watch out for the QQers i have to say its kind of funny hearing them cry about getting killed i really love it when there red and get dropped then wanna cry about it
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    When I started leveling 2 years ago I was pkd at least 15 times a day by RQ players.
    leveling was about doing hourly quest with esoterica scrolls.
    I lved my barb almost to 100 and he got rpkd 3 times only.

b:victory I say Welcome to Lost City b:victory
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
  • JackDRipper - Lost City
    JackDRipper - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Ya chupasela Joto
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    1. No, but I've had friends in the past who have. Probably depends on your reputation and guild you're in.

2. Probably not.

3. PvE. I only joined PvP originally for friends from closed beta.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]