Questions about la/aa veno?

Tabbycat - Harshlands
Tabbycat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Venomancer
I have a la/aa veno who is currently lvl 84. I mainly use my human form for her but i occasionally use fox form(mainly when im grinding or when its needed). My goals for my veno is that i want her to have high mag attk, good defense and be able to survive just about anything. People keep telling me to go back to AA and just use shards to fulfill the lack of defense that im supposedly "complaining" about. Thing is i wanna be different by using la/aa and being a sage veno. I have messed around with the pwi calculator using la/aa, vit aa and pure aa builds and its not working for me. I have even used r9 gear and i only get partially what i want. I either have low defense (phys or mag) or i have low mag attk. But using la for a veno has proven its use for me because in an fc everyone else died and i got the lovely job of letting a boss chase me around (so it wouldnt reset) and i didnt die at all. I would like to stay la because if i go to ha ill have low mag defense and if i go aa ill have low physical defense. La seems to be the best option for what my goals for my veno are. So my questions are:

Is it possible for a veno to keep a la/aa build for endgame and still have high mag attk (just about the same as an aa veno)?

Is it even worth getting r9 gear if i just use nirvana?(saying that the top question is possible).

And:

Is there is a way to use aa armor and appear to be an la/aa build(aka good defense, crits, etc.)?

P.S. I am going to eventually be a sage veno. I just have to decide what armor i want. b:surrender

Thanks,

Tabbycat
Im a pretty veno
Short and sexy
here is my tail
and my ears are pointy
When i get all pissed off
hear me shout,
Ill **** ur **** up and knock you out b:pleased
Post edited by Tabbycat - Harshlands on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i dont like the mix of both LA and AA, for me its either one of the other. but if you are going to wear both at the same time, your attack is going to be as if your a full LA veno. LA venos cant get as much magic as a AA veno, unless the AA veno is pure VIT or something.

so what im trying to say is unless you refine your weapon high, having that 90-100 STR and DEX is really going to cut down on your magic attack. best thing to do for better attack is refine and shard your weapon with a high grade sapphire.

my veno is full LA with citrine shards and like u said, you can survive what some AA people cant. and thats good. as a full LA veno i sometimes struggle with my magic defense being a little low (such as high lvl TTs or elite mobs in instances), but I love having the more p.def (even tho its about the same as a garnet sharded AA) and the HP at the same time.

as for the other question, do you mean full AA armor with LA benefits? getting 2-3% crit rings can help with the crit amount, also some other gears as well. for defenses sharding garnets on AA is the best route, but usually is a bit lower in HP.

my advice is if you love what your doing stick with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Stooperpanda - Harshlands
    Stooperpanda - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Go the route you like, only you can play your character. If you like the idea of kicking *** and taking names as a LA or LA/AA hybrid, do it. If you feel the need to quantify it, print out stat sheets of the different armor sets, and make the decision by the numbers.

But ya gotta do what you want to do love.
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Do what you want...it's your veno and your choice. Personally I'm a hybrid vit/aa build but when buffed in mage only have a 1k or less difference between pdef and mdef (10k to 11k something like that), and 4k+ pdef (16.4k+ pdef) more than mdef in fox.

I never let people tell me what I could or couldn't do. I play that way cause that's the build that works for me.

Have fun and enjoy your own build.

Btw Vixter you don't have to sacrifice HP for pdef. I might not have 10k hp when buffed but I'm not that far off. It's all about balancing the build you want to do. Which for my veno, I'd say is pretty balanced.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]