So they say Veno pets are better than Mystic pets.

Lich_Man - Lost City
Lich_Man - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Mystic
Veno pet's stats are set in stone as they level. However a mystic pet's stats are based off of the mystic himself. So they say a veno's pet is better then a mystic's. But let's clear the air here. A veno's herc and nix have great stats but I'm wondering how they would compare to mystics summoned pets when the mystic has fully refined endgame gear.

So what do you guys think?
Post edited by Lich_Man - Lost City on

Comments

• Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I believe the veno's herc/nix would beat a summon even then. Summons do get stats from the mystic's gear, but it's only a % of the value mystic's get. HP would be in the summon's favor though. Most refines are +hp after all.

Keep in mind that veno pets can give themselves a +150% boost to defenses and/or a +30% boost to attack. Even if the summon's could match the base stats for the pets, they do not have the skills to replicate those buffs.

The veno pets are not completely superior. The summon skills have higher multipliers and lower cools than Bash. Also, summons can aoe/buff others which no veno pet can do.

(All of this ignores Cragglord. It could compete with Herc/Nix, but only lasts 20 seconds.)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    here's the thing. The mystic pets get a max of 50% bonus from gear @ lvl 10. That means that eventually, once you have enough gear, your p. def, hp, and attack will be greater than your pet's stats. Around lvl 90 with good refined gear its possible to become as strong or stronger than your devil chiyu. So, in any case, in high lvl farming it makes more sense for you to tank the mobs and for the pets to just DD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Fluxal - Dreamweaver
    Fluxal - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Another clear advantage of a veno pet at endgame is that it has 4 skill slots compared to the summon's 2 slots...and all 4 skills can be stacked however the veno wants. So by endgame, the pets usually have the best possible skills available.

On a side note, it's nice that a veno can adjust the pets skills to match their unique playing style too, instead of adjusting your style to match the summons unchangeable skills.
    And I will strike down on thee with great vengeance and furious anger...the life you thought you led is gone, and your catshop is on an island surrounded by dinosaurs.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    <.< Also not mentioned, veno's pets don't use mana like summons do (disregarding cragg). But you have to level them by grinding, which mystics don't have to worry about.

Venos have so many tamable pets and hundreds of different combinations of pet skills they can use to make their character and gameplay unique.

Although, summons do 100% damage to ? bosses, which venos' pets can't compare to.

Not to mention, Mystics get their summons free through quests, Venos have to pay for their "Legendary Pets", either in gold or coin.

I don't think it's possible for an endgame Mystic to let their pet tank for them while grinding normal mobs. You would out-damage your pet when it runs out of mana, take aggro, and end up tanking the mob over and over again. Venos' pets have skills that keep aggro, and venos magic attacks are lower than most other caster types just for that reason.

All in all, I think a veno with herc can tank better than a mystic with devil. But the mystics (and summons) will out DD venos.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Although, summons do 100% damage to ? bosses, which venos' pets can't compare to.
    Venos do full damage as well. However, I'm pretty sure a Storm Mistress with full mana will out DD any land pet a veno has. I have to wait before sending mine in during FF if a veno is tanking because it steals aggro pretty fast. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ain't summons gonna get a thrid skill when the 79 skills come? maybe that will give them a weebit more of a push to compete with veno pets altho i wouldn't put my hopes up lol
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    ain't summons gonna get a thrid skill when the 79 skills come? maybe that will give them a weebit more of a push to compete with veno pets altho i wouldn't put my hopes up lol

The third skill comes with the sage/demon version of the Summon.

Devil gets a 20 second 30% attack buff.

Mistress gets a 3(?) second seal skill.

Salvation gets an AoE version of it's second skill.

Assuming the translations are accurate. =O
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Demonicin - Lost City
    Demonicin - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    isn't salvation's pdef higher that the devil's? if so that would make it a better tanking pet right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i live my life just the way i feel
    i'm a gangster and i gotta keep it real
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    isn't salvation's pdef higher that the devil's? if so that would make it a better tanking pet right?

Devil is higher. If you used Salvation's buffs on the summon it would probably make a pretty decent tank, but that combined with the mana cost of healing would be brutal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Sally basically has the attack of a lv10 at lv40 so I don't think she'll be doing much in the way of tanking.
  • Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    lol if you use sally herself to tank she would die very quicklyxD i'm not sure about now, but when they first came out, and you look on the skill tree, they made sally sound as if she was a tank. don't be fooled by this, i think there was a translation slip up there.
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    mystic pets are poor tanks. they have no threat skills.

heck, look at bms pre aps. stream strike was the agro skill and no matter how much spam, it only kinda slightly maybe diverted mobs a tiny bit from time to time.b:shocked