Are there still non cash players?

Options
laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited April 2011 in General Discussion
If yes, what do you do there? b:surrender Could you think about pvp at high level?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes, non-cash players can PvP at higher lvls, just need to have money making/gaining skills.

Like merching items, or farming various items to sell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Merchanting can get you a fair bit of coin if you take advantage of the periodic sales and save up coin. I believe WarrenWolfy has a full guide to get you going, so you don't have to spend a dime on the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The big annoyance of cash shoppers is the +10 armor, makes em absolute hell to kill while they can drop you easily

get a +8-+10 weapon and +5-+6 endgame gear/ornaments and you can hold your own with some skill.

untill then just farm
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    non cash player here havent spent a dime im still advancing at my own pace with what i got handed on my plate of destiny grinding my soul away out in different parts of the game or helping peopleb:surrenderb:coldb:tired
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    My Psychic is almost level 90. 100% completely cash shopped. Everything on my person I either bought with my own money, or they were simply given to me by people who quite frankly, I wouldn't have gotten this far without. (AlexWars, lorddrakan, BlazingJet, and NinjaIchi)

The only classes that can take me are the Catalyst, Afterlife, Insanity, and Valhalla classes. (O, C what I did thar?)

On a more serious note, the only classes that can actually wipe the floor with me are APS BM's/Assassins/Archers who I foolishly allow to get close enough, and the occasional Seekers who actually knows the mechanics of this game.

Cash Shopping: It's an option; not a requirement.
    Put brainpower and willpower into it. It's taken me almost a year to get this far...I'm still going to farm my Rank 8 and compete with some of the people who did things the "easy way.".....and wipe the floor with them since, unlike me, they didn't learn to play.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Everything is still possible without cash shopping just takes a lot more time.
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Lvl 90 and never spent a cent on the game. You can get what you want, you just have to learn patience, tolerence and prioritising skills. You just have to work a bit harder to get where you want to be.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes.

Full R9 +10-+12.
    2.5-3k ish boutique gold.

Never charged. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yes.

Full R9 +10-+12.

tell me your secret
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide
    Nuku_Nuku - Raging Tide Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    can't u tell that im a non cash player.
    step 1 : look at my level
    step 2: look at my start date
    step 3: got a tissue?
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The many sides of a Venomancerb:victory
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm lucky, I'm a non-cash shopper but I don't like PVP. PVE can be fun even with crappy gear. x) I'm slowly saving up for better stuff with Nirvana / BH100 / TT, though. I'm not in a hurry.
  • TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide
    TheMagicPimp - Raging Tide Posts: 1,946 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    tell me your secret

His "secret" which is no secret at all is that he's been playing PWI since it's 1st year(dunno if from launch or not but he was there),was undergeared for quite a while & very cheap just to save a lot of money for merching and then when the game started going to hell ever since packs were here & more & more game breaking sales took place he could take advantage of them most of the time & make even more.
    It's all about LoL,yo.
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I haven't cash-shopped for over a year, and even then, it was to get things like my crimson flametalon and some Inv stones.

At higher levels, it's much easier to get coins in-game, through TTs, merchanting, Nirvana, bh100+, etc.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'm completely 100% F2P, the closest I've come to cash shopping is I think I did one of those surveys for gold like a year ago.

I merchant a bit, I'm not very good at it tho, when it comes to making a profit I'm decent but the part where I fail at is I always end up spending all the profits rather than reinvesting them.

I do a lot of farming, farming with a 5 aps character can bring in a lot of money quickly. You can do instances incredibly fast and make a lot of coin very quickly, I made about 10mil total from doing TT3-2 three times last night.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I've spent probably $100 since I started playing, but most of that was in the first month or so (mount,charms, etc.) before I really knew better. I remember the first time merchanting reared its lovely head: they put training esotericas on sale for half price, at a time when they were still very relevant, for only an hour or two some afternoon. I spent $20 on them, and doubled my money the next day.

Since then....rank 8 5 aps sin, rank 8 seeker, plus various awesome gears on my cleric (retired). Spending money is only important when you are first starting out, or if you plan on spending several hundred at end-game. If I drop $30 in now, that could be earned just as easily in a day or four in a catshop while I'm at work.
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Its not hard to make coins, just monitor the Gold Price in AH and follow the boutique Sales, if you do that long enough you see patterns and all it takes is some starting monney to slice your share of the coin cake.

Patience is a virtue and absolutly necessary. I believe i had stuffed 400 Hyper exp stones for about 3 months in my shop since i made a silly mistake before was able to sell them with profit. Try to think at least 4 weeks ahead

to the op

Safe up 100 mil and never ever use them for something else but trading and within time it will double tripple tenfold ect.
    I hate Room 38
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Only time i cash shopped was when i just started up to get myself a decent flyer/enlarge my inventory, then kept the rest of the zen to trade about in AH. Refuse to waste any more money, so i'll just grind my cash out. b:surrender
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    If I would tell you I play this game because it's free, would you believe me?
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no such thing as a real 'no CS' player. if you get stuff off the AH or catshops, its still the same stuff. you're just getting it second hand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Merchanting can get you a fair bit of coin if you take advantage of the periodic sales and save up coin. I believe WarrenWolfy has a full guide to get you going, so you don't have to spend a dime on the game.
    It's not a full guide yet, unfortunately.

So far I've covered getting started from nothing, then turning small early profits into a larger chunk of capital, and I'm currently working on Part 3 which will get into the basics of working the Gold exchange and selling Boutique items, which is where the major profits come from.
    Full R9 +10-+12.

Curses! I'm still lagging behind you. My latest personal audit put me at just 3,500 Gold.

I do have an additional 1,000 Gold on Lost City, though, which is kinda silly considering my only character is still stuck at level 17. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com