Cleric in PvP (89-100) Hints and Tips help

Options
SilverCleric - Lost City
SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Cleric
Ok, I have been playing this game for a long time and now I'm trying to get to 9x so I can start PvPing and be more useful in TWs and etc.

So I was wondering what strategy's Clerics have to approach every other class in PvP (even Assassins) and what would be best cheap gear I can have around 9x and higher and Genie.

So fair gear wise, I was just thinking of average TT 9x and Legendary gear with a mix of Flawless Citrine and Garnet shards on my armor but I just want to know what you guys think.

Discuss. b:pleased
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
Post edited by SilverCleric - Lost City on

Comments

• Ilyrec - Archosaur
    Ilyrec - Archosaur Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Many think clerics suck in pk.

They're wrong.

For me, robed classes are easier because of plume shot. o.o

I usually get my shield up before I attack someone, stalk them, and hit em with my sleep.
    I don't bother with a debuff - mine are all level 1, and I don't want to waste time when they're slept.

Spark=>plume shot spam.

Note that this is also used on LA classes, as their phys defense is not as strong as their mag defense.

For HA classes, its a diet of the shield thingy, spark, whirlwind, tempest, and believe it or not, siren's kiss, which is useful for its fab freeze. o.o

Also, remember to HEAL HEAL HEAL. IH stack before attacking.

You do not have the hp of a barb, the dodge of an archer, or the sneakiness of a sin.
    Heal.

As a side note: Always always always have your buffs on. They make a difference :D

For armour: Personally, moderately refined and socketed (with garnets) TT90 was fine. But you always wanna get the BEST weapon you can. o.o -channel, for me, isnt that useful in pk. Either an opponent knows you're gonna blast them or not, its not a race about who can cast the first spell. -channel for me = only useful in duels (when you wanna get your sleep in QUICK) and healing.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

As a second side note: Help peeps. Makes them less likely to jump you while your getting chi (I use Fei to the north of west arch gate, less peeps there) and more likely to help you out o.o

Of course, I may just be a rambling fool. XD

The forums hate mah archer, so I post on my mule cleric. b:laugh

Currently level 83, wanting to equip my lev 85 FC +6 bow b:angry

zzzZZZzzz
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Many think clerics suck in pk.

They're wrong.

For me, robed classes are easier because of plume shot. o.o

I usually get my shield up before I attack someone, stalk them, and hit em with my sleep.
    I don't bother with a debuff - mine are all level 1, and I don't want to waste time when they're slept.

Spark=>plume shot spam.

Note that this is also used on LA classes, as their phys defense is not as strong as their mag defense.

For HA classes, its a diet of the shield thingy, spark, whirlwind, tempest, and believe it or not, siren's kiss, which is useful for its fab freeze. o.o

Also, remember to HEAL HEAL HEAL. IH stack before attacking.

You do not have the hp of a barb, the dodge of an archer, or the sneakiness of a sin.
    Heal.

As a side note: Always always always have your buffs on. They make a difference :D

For armour: Personally, moderately refined and socketed (with garnets) TT90 was fine. But you always wanna get the BEST weapon you can. o.o -channel, for me, isnt that useful in pk. Either an opponent knows you're gonna blast them or not, its not a race about who can cast the first spell. -channel for me = only useful in duels (when you wanna get your sleep in QUICK) and healing.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

As a second side note: Help peeps. Makes them less likely to jump you while your getting chi (I use Fei to the north of west arch gate, less peeps there) and more likely to help you out o.o

Of course, I may just be a rambling fool. XD

I agree with some of it but not all since the Elemental Seal (magic def debuff) can be great in PvP since you deal more damage to the target and you can purify the debuff off of yourself and I don't find much use of Siren's Kiss in PvP since magic classes need to keep away from melee class and kite them.

But thanks for the info though. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Thunderball
    > Cromatic seal
    >Elemental/Dimensiona seal
    >purify----> ih----> Frenzy--->spell of your choice lol.

Sage elemental/dim seal make a HUGE difference in damage, and thunder ball keeps ticking while they sleep, gives you a good idea of their health and if they are charmed so you can plan your next move. Frenzy is really nice if your chromatic seal is high level , they might get in one attack while your defenses are low and an ih tick
    will fix that for the most part.

So far as gear goes, just farm tt90 gear its pretty good stuff and not that hard to get. For the tt90 top just do cash runs in 2-3/2-2 and sell the mats to get gba, trying to get a gba away from the tank never works well lol. Weapon is all up to your play style, i have wheel of denied fate and i have never once regretted making it, the - chan is nice to have to give you the edge on other clerics who see you coming. Drummers tt hat is pretty useful and dirt cheap to make, im still using it.

Shard wise i like to do about 50/50 garnet citrine mix, i still have some points in vit from low level and my gear is refined decently so having the p def to back up my hp just makes more sense. Protection ammys and belt are also a must for pk. Belt of earth is a cheap belt you can make and its p def bonus is nice, even if it is slightly untraditional for a cleric.

I ramble a lot lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I'd probably make separate genie's for tw and pvp if I were you unless you have a really good genie capable of having several offensive and defensive skills.

In terms of gear the suggestions in the previous posts are all worth thinking about. Possibly something like this might be interesting too:

http://pwcalc.com/ef763531fa7576da

The OHT boots and wrists I would get instead of TT90 because you could buy (or make them yourself) very cheaply but with good bonuses. I'd get the rank 6 top because its good for the money plus you'd get the rank ring as well.

Wheel of fate is nice as TrueHarmony said but maybe try to see if you could get an aquadash instead as i've seen those being sold 'reasonably' cheaply. Aquadash is pretty much exactly the same as WoF but with a bit more magic attack plus you'd be able to use it from level 85, but not sure if it might be a bit expensive for you.

Personally i'd try to get the aquadash because its a level 12 weapon so you can equip some +245 magic attack charms (the ones you can make with perfect stones). They make a nice difference in pvp when they're equipped- though you'll need to know somebody with lvl 8 apoth to make them! (pm me b:chuckle)

Imo you should just rush lvl 100 tho then think about gears! XD
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • GdByeElsA - Sanctuary
    GdByeElsA - Sanctuary Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    3..2..1.. START!

start RUNning like theres no tomorrow until your duel comes into a draw. WIN!

perfect strategy.

okay what if its pK? same applies

run like theres no tomorrow and pray they'll give up chasing u
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I thank you all for the info,, you all have been really helpful. b:pleased b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    3..2..1.. START!

start RUNning like theres no tomorrow until your duel comes into a draw. WIN!

perfect strategy.

okay what if its pK? same applies

run like theres no tomorrow and pray they'll give up chasing u
    LMAO!! You reminded me a lot of my duels, I spend 90% of the time just holy pathing, especially when I duel melee classes, and make them waste their sparks b:laughb:laugh