Money Items on Floor

Options
Yhumy - Dreamweaver
Yhumy - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
From time to time, especially in raging tide or cube of fate or 1k stream, there are piles of money on floor or uncannies or raptures. You pick them up and 10-20 mintues later someone qqs in world chat about the thieves that stole items/money from them cause they were transferring or making exchanges etc. At this point you decide to give the item back even though you really dont have to and people start shouting in world chat that your a thief. How often does this happen?

Similarly, pking someone, they drop items, you decide to keep them, they shout murder in world chat.
Post edited by Yhumy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They're idiots and they don't deserve to get their stuff back.

/thread
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    lucky.....
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, aside from the faulty system of exchanging items/money on the floor, in a public area.
    Let's be logical; Why would anyone drop something like a rap or canny,
    unless they're passing it out to somebody else?

So if you pick it up. Some will call you a thief, others will call you with names nastier than to be posted here. So there's absolutely no sense in picking up said items, unless you don't care to be called by such names and getting a bad reputation.

As for for pk drops, that's a matter of personal morals.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If they wanna transfer items without a risk they should email or trade trough someone they trust. b:surrender
    Seriously... if you want to transfer items like that you have the risk to lose the items. Imo you're not a "thief" if you pick up stuff from the ground. You can't really drop stuff anymore by mistake too due to the pop-up box that was added to dropping stuff... >.>

EDIT: Morally it might be wrong yes. I personally would give them the items back, but that's how I am(I also give items back if I pk someone.. which I hardly ever do though). However I don't think someone who keeps the stuff is a thief.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i find it funny when someone says i dropped the money in a corner and only left it there for 5mins as i was changing chars. At that point, even if no one saw the money, it would time out. u offer to help and he starts screaming that your trying to rob him. crazy ppls
  • Segreta - Sanctuary
    Segreta - Sanctuary Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If they wanna transfer items without a risk they should email or trade trough someone they trust. b:surrender
    Seriously... if you want to transfer items like that you have the risk to lose the items. Imo you're not a "thief" if you pick up stuff from the ground. You can't really drop stuff anymore by mistake too due to the pop-up box that was added to dropping stuff... >.>

Not to mention they have time to pick it back before it become pick-able by anyone.

Also when I used to pass items between my alts on the same account I've done it by hiding above a tree near timberfield where there was no players around.Dropping stuff in cube/1kstreams is as stupid as leaving the key of your house's front door under the carpet.
    Iam Segreta,Queen of the Chicken Kingdom,proud owner of the legendary Blue Chicken,BEHOLD Mortals o,o^
    Current # Chickens:
    ^,^ <- My Cleric <3
    o,o <- My Veno
    n_n <- My Bm
    =,= <- My Barb *Used as Mount*
    >,o <- My Sin(Stealth all the time for no reason)
    edited March 2011
    Options
    EDIT: Morally it might be wrong yes. I personally would give them the items back, but that's how I am(I also give items back if I pk someone.. which I hardly ever do though). However I don't think someone who keeps the stuff is a thief.

Law does not protect idiots. That much is true, but between you and yourself,
    you can justify it all you like, but you're still no decent person for doing so.
  • Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    So if you pick it up. Some will call you a thief, others will call you with names nastier than to be posted here. So there's absolutely no sense in picking up said items, unless you don't care to be called by such names and getting a bad reputation.

*oh look a love up and down on the floor in the middle of arch*

why of course I wouldn't pick it up because someone might call me bad names, and then I will go QQ in the corner.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Will I have gone to hell if I pick this Life Everlasting up?
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
    edited March 2011
    Options

The way you put this questions tells me, that would be the least of your problems, lol.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The way you put this questions tells me, that would be the least of your problems, lol.

I don't get it
  • Yhumy - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if u pick up life everlasting? definitely. first of all, did u **** the game so that lvl 8 tomes spawn? if so... lol

But ya, some items are just worth so much. and your just lucky if u lose an item do to dropping it on floor and ppl are nice enough to give it to you. they really dont have to. its now theirs. they arent thieves, u didnt go into their inventories and take stuff.

did you...?
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I don't get it

Yeah, I didn't get your question either, so I confused you back as well.

Anyways, like I said, this is a matter of personal morals.
    Depends on the way you're raised and your very beliefs. If you find it right, then by all means.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    That was the point. If I see something that I would only be able to see on CN, of course I would pick it up.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Law does not protect idiots. That much is true, but between you and yourself,
    you can justify it all you like, but you're still no decent person for doing so.

I'm not saying it's right. I'm saying it's in your right.

Anyway, law doesn't protect idiots, that's right, but somehow they'll have to learn. Noone in their right mind drops such stuff in a crowded area.

If it's somewhere on the top of a mountain and it's picked up by a player, yeh that sucks. You don't think there's much chance of that happening.

But in the middle of a crowded area? That's just asking for trouble...

If you want to be certain that your stuff will go to your alt then either get an account stash, or if they're on different accounts send a mail >.> seriously.. a mail costs what? 500 coins >.> If you're dropping raptures and a ****load of money you can't tell me you're too broke to send a mail -.-"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Deuslupus - Raging Tide
    Deuslupus - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    There are safer ways to trade, I know if I left something on the ground and someone else picked it up, that would be my fault. I've never been in this situation, but I don't think being called a few bad names would keep me from picking up some free loot.

By the same token, if anybody ever sees me drop something valuable on the ground feel free to snatch it up!
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I once dropped my Hook & Thorn just for show in the middle of west Arch Outskirts, then I got disconnected from the game. Luckily, there were some friends nearby who picked up the daggers for me. I NEVER did that again though. Oh, and dropping something valuable on purpose then switching chars to pick it up is downright re*arded, Amen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    drop-exchanging items is risky to begin with. you never know when you might run into trouble logging back in, or your network might conk out on you, and the things just plain time out before you can get back to them. trade, send mail, it's worth it.

drop-exchanging stuff in the middle of any city where anybody might walk by and pick it up is an invitation for people to do just that. at least do it where there's no traffic. on the plaza by the south arch banker? crazy; on the bottom of the pool, next to the invisible mob --- still kindof crazy, but nowhere near as badly so. at the very peak of the mountain north of etherblade... not entirely sane, but better than anywhere in archosaur.

you want to be sane, get an account stash stone. and/or use the trade interface.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't return it.

Only would return it if the person was being nice.

Then again,if I return it,they become **** bags.
  • dogm
    dogm Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Teleported to RT during the 2x lag event to pick up 3 keys.
    On way back close to the teleporter saw an uncanny crystal lying by itself. Shame to let it disappear and it might be a 'gift' right.

Then some players avatars started to appear on screen that the game did not show before. That was a bit awkward lol

Usually randomizings or distribution drop trades are done inside nirvana, near the key npc or on top of a mushroom north east.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

If you had a Life Everlasting, why would you even worry about what comes after? b:pleased
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    because anything that can be gained can be lost, except super AIDS, super AIDS will f you up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Hey, if you think it a great idea to drop millions of Coins, TT90-99 mats, or w/e on the ground, it's fair game. There are secure ways to trade, and IMO anything thats on the ground in fair game (cept in Some squads, like TT runs and FBs) but otherwise. . .
  • XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear
    XSheLioNx - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    If it's dropped and they just leave it there...it's fair game.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    id pick it up. i dont care who says what to me, they would be stupid for dropping it on the ground and leaving it there. im sure GMs would back u up on this too, because there are features in the game such as account stash and mail. lol.

thats almost like getting a PK drop and then the person died calling u a scammer xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for nirvana splitting, if you are banking make sure you have lead of the squad before you start dropping stuff, because if the leader leaves squad or squad lead changes after stuff is dropped but before it is picked up, other squad members will not be able to pick up, tho im pretty sure the person who dropped it still can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dealtia - Dreamweaver
    Dealtia - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    for nirvana splitting, if you are banking make sure you have lead of the squad before you start dropping stuff, because if the leader leaves squad or squad lead changes after stuff is dropped but before it is picked up, other squad members will not be able to pick up, tho im pretty sure the person who dropped it still can.
    if your squad switches leaders any item not dropped by you cannot be picked up by you. the ones you drop are still yours

not to be rude, but how does a level 101 not know this information..?
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I've done drop trades in the middle of west archosaur before many times. No one got any of my items. =P
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Once that glittery stuff is gone, it is fair game. Don't be an idiot. Use proper trading or buy a stash stone.
  • Xoria - Sanctuary
    Xoria - Sanctuary Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well, aside from the faulty system of exchanging items/money on the floor, in a public area.
    Let's be logical; Why would anyone drop something like a rap or canny,
    unless they're passing it out to somebody else?

As for for pk drops, that's a matter of personal morals.

There's a set period of time before ANYONE can just go and pick up an item. They CAN mail the items. You CAN ask a friend you trust. Hey, if there's an item on the floor, I'm going to grab it and wait until "Unable to pick up" phase passes and grab it, or someone else beats me to it.

Call me names? That's fine. I'll take name calling from a bunch of children with flawed logic that I don't know for a free rapture. b:laugh

Topic: Nope, never had this happen to me and I pick stuff up that people drop all the time.
    [In a distorted place and time][The knife that stabbed me in the back grants me wings]
    [I keep looking to the sky][In order to flee from the memories]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [The world that expands inside of your arms is][///the last secret garden///]
    [If you've already forgotten me, don't forget...]
    [The things that we once embraced]