Terms to know...

Erlosung - Lost City
Erlosung - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Cleric
While cruising the forums, I've read whole paragraphs full of terms like "DD" and "TT".
There are just so many words to remember, and, well, I can't keep track of them all. So I was hoping that someone could help me out, and make a list of all the terms, and their definitions, that they can think of. It'll be much appreciated. ^^
Post edited by Erlosung - Lost City on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=941
    out-dated/wrong terms;

AC - Armor Class or Defense. -never in my 2years+ of playing i have heard that

AE - Area Effect -aOe >.>

Cheese - To exploit an imbalance in the game. -i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

Creep - Monster i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

Creep Jacking - A term from ******** 3 where players attack other players while they are already engaged in combat with neutral monsters. -i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

Critters - Monsters that don't attack back. -i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

DD - Direct Damage. This is a spell that does all of its damage in one hit rather than spreading its damage over time. - DD is DAMAGE DEALER in pwi

MT - Main Tank - i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

OOM - Out of Mana. People say this to let their party know they are out of mana and can't cast any spells, especially healing. - i never hear this abbreviation in pwi

Pat - Patrolling monster - its called a freckin Round in pwi

PST - Please Send Tell. Indicates that the person speaking wants to receive communication via a /t(ell) or /w(hisper) command. - its called PM ME in pwi

RM - Raw Materials used for the crafting skills. -its called just mats in pwi

Twink - A low level character who has been made more powerful by higher level characters, usually by getting stronger armour and weapons than the character would normally have at such a low level. -pwi calls this powerleveling PL

Cleric= Clec or clc -they call them cleric in pwi

Venomancer= VM -they call them veno in pwi

Barbarian= BB -they call them barb in pwi

wtf is this pwzimbabwe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited March 2011

wtf is this pwzimbabwe?

Luls - it's been 2 years since I looked at that thread, I mistakenly assumed that since it was still stickied it had been updated - otherwise any self respecting forum would have de-stickied it by now and let it die.

I will admit tho, I personally do refer to DD as direct damage. That's one that stuck in my head from the early days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Also take to note that on your server things are called differently.

Such as on Heaven's Tear Twilight Temple is referred to as TT
    However, last time I was on lost everyone called it HH.

So that may be a bit of the confusion.
    But yeah the link there should help if you take the time to read it :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we should nickname LC server PWMY lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    we should nickname LC server PWMY lol

Yeah, my girlfriend didn't play with me on MY, only when I moved to PWI... So even now, I have to explain what I'm talking about sometimes. b:sad On the plus side, she helps me use the current terminology with her constant whispers on voice chat or popping up behind me asking "wtf?" b:chuckle (I think I've only called it ADC once this year... Still a better name, IMO.)
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com