-Cragglord-

2»

Comments

• Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Those who say cragglord suck should learn2play or level up some more to a level where using 2 sparks for a cragglord is worth it.

http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee449/shifongradiance/mysticRB.jpg
    Highest hit in that RB was 177k. Usually i have to keep my cragg healed to prevent it from dying, but it won't die easy and it's destroying waves in those 23 seconds (sage version) when it's out.

Of course the reason it hits so hard in RB is thanks to the attack aura. Outside RB is hits around 15-20k with skills on mobs/bosses without debuffs.

And even then if you consider your cragglord as a damage over time skill, it does way more damage then any other DD/nuke skill you have. Although it's not practical to use if you got storm mistress out.

This is sexy :p
    But what is your gear like ?

I have a R8 wand +7, 505 in mag and the sage version of Cragglord, I wonder if I could made such a high hit with Cometfall ?

Btw, nice too see another sage Mystic, looks like we are kinda rare :o
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I have a R8 wand +7, 505 in mag and the sage version of Cragglord, I wonder if I could made such a high hit with Cometfall ?

I lol'd
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited May 2011

stage 1 nirvana glaive +10 and 525 magic. Wasn't using cometfall, but the other first skill. Had mouse over cometfall to use it in the same hf. You can deal out 200 to 250k easy under HF.

And i don't think sage mystics are that rare though. But skill books are b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Ephemera - Raging Tide
    Ephemera - Raging Tide Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    siulluis2 wrote: »
    Hello guys, enjoying the topic I would like to leave an idea on cragglord maybe useful.
    I'm at level 64 and I think the 20 seconds of cragglord much useless, seeking other games that feature characters with the same class (summon).

Can I direct you to the many posts made by people saying how much damage Cragglord can put out in those "useless" 20 seconds? EVEN IF it used your mana continuously (which would make him pretty impossible to use before 75 for uncharmed mystics), it still would not be enough to balance out the extreme damage he can do. If you think he's useless, don't use him, but there are many of us that love the massive burst of damage every time we summon him.

Making him last longer, even via a continuous channel, would require a huge nerf to him, as channels can be kept up at 75+ for as long as you want, whether it's via charms or 75 mp food--which means he'd essentially be permanent, and he comes way too close to the stats of a Nix to be a permanent summon.
  • Atonements - Raging Tide
    Atonements - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    very powerful...i use him to aoe farm the hood-of-high-seas...i gather the mob up, summon crag out and with his 2 aoes..he kills them b4 his time is up lol.. n the mob 5 lvls above me b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bored. b:lipcurl
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, every single Mystic I've seen was demon, almost. On my server I only know of 2 other sage. And all the skillbooks I see in catshops are demon too.

So I've just got out of a full Delta that I needed for my 100 celestial culti.
    The biggest damage I've seen Cragglord doing with Cometfall was roughly 150k, but I'm not sure if it was during HF though.
    But this Delta was kinda special in several aspects xD
    First, we only had lvl 2 attack aura I think and
    Secondly... I have been the only healer for a good part of the run due to the cleric having big d/c and frozen screen issues, so she was d/ced half the time. Hence, I didn't DD that much, was focused on keeping the squad alive. I could hardly throw in a Thicket and Gale once in a while between the heals, to speed it up a bit.

But yeah, on the early waves when the cleric was still with us, I was doing 100-150k with Cragglord. It still bites a good part of the mobs HP :p Cragglord + Thicket in a row was freaking smexy too ^o^
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    siulluis2 wrote: »
    Hello guys, enjoying the topic I would like to leave an idea on cragglord maybe useful.
    I'm at level 64 and I think the 20 seconds of cragglord much useless, seeking other games that feature characters with the same class (summon).

My idea would be to change the 20 seconds of cragglord by:
    - An amount of HP, since the pet stay raised until the end his life (though it is impossible to recover the HP of pet).

- Create a direct link with the MP, and its time to summon lasted until the end mp. System already seen in other classes (mage, cleric and now the seeker).

Well, I do not know if exixte an official topic on the subject ... I decided to use this same ...

learn to play the class. i'm honestly surprised that there are still people out there running on that cragglord is uselessO_o the 20 secs it's out he does untold carnage, far more than any other skill you have expacally against [?] mobs>_> it also comes right out the box retardedly powerful. common sense is all that's needed when dealing with cragglord. only use when proper aggro is archived by the tank (preferably a barb) then go nuts. cragglord isn't practical to use on regular grinding unless your doing it for lols. all classes have skills that they don't use for regular grinding.

and your alternative idea for cragglord is not good at all. if it's added the it's attack should be nerfed cos you basically making the darn thing permanent. and low levels would have a hard time keeping the MP to maintain cragglord and every time one levels it up the mp you need even more MP to maintain it. my mystic isn't high level but given their heavy use of mp, i wouldn't be surprised that even if you have an MP charm you STILL wouldn't be able to maintain the skill for long
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Honestly, every single Mystic I've seen was demon, almost. On my server I only know of 2 other sage. And all the skillbooks I see in catshops are demon too.

So I've just got out of a full Delta that I needed for my 100 celestial culti.
    The biggest damage I've seen Cragglord doing with Cometfall was roughly 150k, but I'm not sure if it was during HF though.
    But this Delta was kinda special in several aspects xD
    First, we only had lvl 2 attack aura I think and
    Secondly... I have been the only healer for a good part of the run due to the cleric having big d/c and frozen screen issues, so she was d/ced half the time. Hence, I didn't DD that much, was focused on keeping the squad alive. I could hardly throw in a Thicket and Gale once in a while between the heals, to speed it up a bit.

But yeah, on the early waves when the cleric was still with us, I was doing 100-150k with Cragglord. It still bites a good part of the mobs HP :p Cragglord + Thicket in a row was freaking smexy too ^o^

Show me these demon books, and I will show you all the sage ones I find. b:cry
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited May 2011
    Show me these demon books, and I will show you all the sage ones I find. b:cry

xD That's not hard, run around in west arch and all the catshops with Mystic books in them will be demon. That's how it was last time I checked.
  • obliviondemon
    obliviondemon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    stage 1 nirvana glaive +10 and 525 magic. Wasn't using cometfall, but the other first skill. Had mouse over cometfall to use it in the same hf. You can deal out 200 to 250k easy under HF.

And i don't think sage mystics are that rare though. But skill books are b:sad

wow b:shocked 250k damage in one hit with cometfall b:victory i still dident get cragglord but after hearing that i will get him and lvl him to 10 too :D
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just a tip: Use Cragglord for Gamma. You get two sparks plus mp instantly with auras, so you can use Craggy for every wave.

And no other DD can hit harder than the Cragglord in Gamma. ? mobs do not reduce dmg attack from pets. My Cragglord at lvl 9 hits 38k+ on lvl 5 attack to the Gamma mobs, that's almost wiping them in one hit. With HF it easily hits over 70k+ with its skills.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out b:victory
  • Yui_ - Harshlands
    Yui_ - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just a tip: Use Cragglord for Gamma. You get two sparks plus mp instantly with auras, so you can use Craggy for every wave.

And no other DD can hit harder than the Cragglord in Gamma. ? mobs do not reduce dmg attack from pets. My Cragglord at lvl 9 hits 38k+ on lvl 5 attack to the Gamma mobs, that's almost wiping them in one hit. With HF it easily hits over 70k+ with its skills.

Anyway, just thought I'd point that out b:victory

Use thicket and Cragg on every wave!

I'm sorry but Mystics make GV easy. I can almost one shot most of the waves with thicket and my seeker friend handles the rest with YV. b:chuckle
    YuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYuiYui
    edited May 2011
    Use thicket and Cragg on every wave!

I'm sorry but Mystics make GV easy. I can almost one shot most of the waves with thicket and my seeker friend handles the rest with YV. b:chuckle

Same, I use Thicket and Cragg on every wave and tend to wipe the mobs very fast. Last time I went to delta this morning (yeah, I'm doing alot of Deltas lately, I LOVE Deltas on Mystic :p), my Cragg aoe'd for 160k at most I can remember :D

But for some reason, I think some people underestimate Mystics alot for Deltas, I'm not sure they are aware of the damage we can aoe for. Well, idk for you guys, but I get the impression we are considered as "venos" (that's why we get the veno spot <.<) and just because we don't have a permanent aoe, they seem to think we are "half DDs". Actually we would get the wiz or the archer spot and everything would go very well as long as we have the chi aura to keep using Cragg and Thicket at every end of the cooldowns. Oh yeah, not to mention we can Lysing the creeper and debuff groups of mobs at a time :p

And yeah Yui, I find that Mystic + Seeker is the best pair ever :p I've already duo'd FCs with a seeker and it was fantastic o.o I've never had seekers in my Deltas, but I really believe that a Seeker and a Mystic would own the run xD Maybe even better than a wiz + archer combination... imo.
  • NatiIie - Harshlands
    NatiIie - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For everyone who thinks cragglord is not worth think of it not as a pet but as a skill that does massive dmg over 20 seconds b:chuckle and then compare it as a skill to other skills that take only a few seconds but don't do half as much dmg
    b:byeb:surrender
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    guys, seriously why is this topic so long? 20seconds if fine for 2 sparks, if your not happy go sage and get 23seconds. Compared to other 2 spark skills, the cragg's total damage has to be the highest, just stop seeing him as a pet and look at him more like an attack. We are not Venomancers b:chuckle

(oopsy same as person above me said lol)

Extra;
    As me posting this message didn't have a point, I'll give it reason here with a request.
    Cragglord vs Herc pet battle, could the Cragg kill the Herc in 20s or visa versa.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For everyone who thinks cragglord is not worth think of it not as a pet but as a skill that does massive dmg over 20 seconds b:chuckle and then compare it as a skill to other skills that take only a few seconds but don't do half as much dmg
    b:byeb:surrender

this person has a point actually. if u think of cragglord as a 20-23 second duration DoT skill then no other skill in the game is more powerful then it including the wizzards skill.

id still advocate a 80 gold skill scroll that makes cragglord perm similiar to the SoFs boxes for venos. to compensate they would just have to make nixes work in instances.
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No Perm Craggy b:chuckle

We are not Venomancers, we are mystics.
    Venomancers get good pets weak magic.
    Mystics get weak pets (or strong craggy limited to time) and good magic.

If Craggy was made perm, the only way to balance us would be to weaken cragg and also criple our magic the same ways a veno's is....

But if thats what you want, just play a veno.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mryc wrote: »
    No Perm Craggy b:chuckle

We are not Venomancers, we are mystics.
    Mystics get weak pets (or strong craggy limited to time) and good magic.

If Craggy was made perm, the only way to balance us would be to weaken cragg and also criple our magic the same ways a veno's is....

But if thats what you want, just play a veno.

this actually isnt true. mystic pets have the potential to be alot better then all of the normal veno pets because mystic pets are affected by gear and such. the only 2 exceptions are herc and nix. but craglord is arguably better then both because crag has the tankish HP of herc and the insane offensive power of nix. so craglord is basically a nix and herc combined.
  • XFinal_NiteX - Archosaur
    XFinal_NiteX - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    i still dont get cragglord coz i dont know where he live.. cave of valley disaster? should i go alone or with teamb:thanks
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    mryc wrote: »

Veno magic isn't weak, and veno pets can't go from land to water to air, etc. Veno pets have no AoE, no lysing, no improvement with equips, no 3x base dmg skills aside from crappy sacrifice, and any great veno pet is going to be very costly.