Blademaster FAQ, read before posting.

Comments

• prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited March 2011
    I have a sage bm, and I yet have to see a Demon-biased-wh*** beat me. ijs...

your server is terrible and you've never been in pvp, how can you talk newgen?
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    prof wrote: »
    your server is terrible and you've never been in pvp, how can you talk newgen?

Sanc is good.

Just PvP here is not THAT legenday.

Except for mabye TWs. . .
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011

Fist:
    Vacuous Palm: Useless. Get level 1 and leave it.
    Shaowless kick: Nice. It interrupts casts, good for both, PvE and PvP. Leave at level 1.
    Cyclone Heel: Increases your attack speed. Very nice to increase your PvE DPS. Get it.
    Drake's Breath Bash: Don't bother getting it.

I have reached level 89. What cultivation should I choose?
    Demon. There is no good reason to go sage as a BM. Demon deals more damage and has better skills overall. I do not see the point in giving you reasons why, just trust me =). I will link a thread later.

All Demon/Sage skills

People are talking about APS?
    - APS means attacks per second. If you are high level, you can reach up to 5 attacks per second as a BM, which, obviously hurts.
    - Against popular believe, this is mainly useful for PvE. The boss (that is, in most cases) will just stand there and get his butt kicked. In PvP you can possibly use it, but other people will not act as bosses do, xD.
    - You can accomplish that by getting items with -interval. Having -0.50 interval will result in having 5 attacks per second, using fists.

I quoted the parts I hold issue with, and highlighted them to be more specific.

1. Drakes Breath Bash can be glitched to give you a fire damage buff without costing you any sparks. You simply start channeling the skill and then switch weapons before it is done channeling. This makes it very useful for increased damage resulting in better bloodpaint, quicker kills, and significant advantage against anything with low fire defense such as metal mobs and BM's sing physical marrow against you.

2. There are many reasons to go Sage.
    -Generally speaking Sage Bell gives a greater pdef buff excluding the 15 seconds temporary buff that Demon gives and is usually preferred in all instances and TW.

-Five aps can be achieved as a Sage BM, making the hell spark vs sage spark comparison nearly worthless. The only advantage becoming that Demon spark is faster than hitting cyclone heel before sparking. Both will be attacking 5 times per second while the Sage BM enjoys a 20% damage reduction.

-Sage cyclone heel is better in all respects compared to demon because of the way that this game does it's -int calculations. Demon cyclone heel is supposed to be faster than sage, where as sage has a greater duration. If you are 3.3 and use demon cyclone heel, you now attack at 4.0. If you are 3.3 and use level 10 cyclone heel, you also now attack at 4.0.

-Sage shadowless kick, the skill you mentioned people shouldn't level has a reduced cool-down and can be spammed more often to prevent boss's from using their channeled skills.

-Sage magic marrow is generally speaking better in TW, as a BM you will be primarily targeted with magic attacks, even by archers. Most the AoEs that hit you will also be magic based. Sage BMs marrow will provide them with better magic defense.

-In a 1 vs 1 fight against a close to pure physical class such as BM, Assassin, or Barb... Sage physical marrow is preferable to the demon version.

-Sage mastery of weapons gives 15% more weapon damage as opposed to Demon's 1% extra crit gain. This means that if two 5.0 BMs with equal gear, one sage and one demon were compared attacking a boss or even each other with auto-attack DPS, the Sage BM would not only have greater damage output but because of their spark ability they would receive less damage as well.

(All this being said I am NOT saying that sage is a better choice than demon. Demon has man great advantages as well and in fact i advise many of my blade-master faction members to go Demon as it is easier to achieve 5.0 and the advantageous skills of a demon BM are more obvious and easy to use. I am merely stating that there are plenty of reasons to go either way.)

3. You only need -.45 not -.5 interval. Once you are 3.3aps natural all you need to do is hell spark or use relentless courage genie skill to achieve 5aps. It is with -.5 that you can achieve 5.0 with just cyclone heel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited April 2011

1. Drakes Breath Bash can be glitched to give you a fire damage buff without costing you any sparks.Agreed. x1.3 damage modifier for demon DBB. Very useful skill in both pvp and pve. You simply start channeling the skill and then switch weapons before it is done channeling. This makes it very useful for increased damage resulting in better bloodpaint,Bloodpaint absorbs physical damage, not fire damage so it won't have an effect on paint quicker kills, and significant advantage against anything with low fire defense such as metal mobs and BM's sing physical marrow against you.

This was recently discussed in depth here
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1048851

-Generally speaking Sage Bell gives a greater pdef buff excluding the 15 seconds temporary buff that Demon gives and is usually preferred in all instances and TW.

-Five aps can be achieved as a Sage BM, making the hell spark vs sage spark comparison nearly worthless.The only advantage becoming that Demon spark is faster than hitting cyclone heel before sparking. Sage BMs still need 4.0 Demon can do it at 3.33Both will be attacking 5 times per second while the Sage BM enjoys a 20% damage reduction.Most sage BMs just spam Wind Shield genie skill instead to get 5.0, which overrides their damage reduction, making their sage spark "nearly worthless."

-Sage cyclone heel is better in all respects compared to demon because of the way that this game does it's -int calculations. Demon cyclone heel is supposed to be faster than sage, where as sage has a greater duration. If you are 3.3 and use demon cyclone heel, you now attack at 4.0. If you are 3.3 and use level 10 cyclone heel, you also now attack at 4.0.Sages 15% increase does not achieve the next aps level when demon's 20% does at 1.43,1.54,2.22, and 2.5 aps. As far as aps, the usually reason for using cyclone is to get your chi up to spark, which 15 seconds of demon is more than enough. If you take 20 seconds to kill something using sage cyclone heel you should have just sparked.

-Sage shadowless kick, the skill you mentioned people shouldn't level has a reduced cool-down and can be spammed more often to prevent boss's from using their channeled skills.Sage kick has a purpose (sort of), a 2 second cooldown for 100 more mp. Demon and levels 2-10 don't have a purpose.

-Sage magic marrow is generally speaking better in TW I disagree. Sage marrow is a nightmare for group pk considering no matter how you marrow more than half the classes get an advantage against you since multiple classes can deal physical or magical damage and will choose based on your marrow., as a BM you will be primarily targeted with magic attacks, even by archers. Most the AoEs that hit you will also be magic based. Sage BMs marrow will provide them with better magic defense.

-In a 1 vs 1 fight against a close to pure physical class such as BM, Assassin, or Barb... Sage physical marrow is preferable to the demon version. I still disagree, because even your physical class can deal magic damage, and sage marrows are a complete nerf. Sins have Condensed Thorn for water dmg, BMs have fire attacks as well as DBB, and Barbs have a constant Poison Fang buff.

-Sage mastery of weapons gives 15% more weapon damage as opposed to Demon's 1% extra crit gain. This means that if two 5.0 BMs with equal gear, one sage and one demon were compared attacking a boss or even each other with auto-attack DPS, the Sage BM would not only have greater damage output but because of their spark ability they would receive less damage as well. This was also discussed in our other thread. The Weapons Mastery comes down to about a 2% actual damage difference, then demons get their 1% crit which is usually preferred in pk for the chance to bypass charms with a crit. Demon skills also out DD sage skills, such as channel canceling DBB, and 100% crit rate for 5 seconds from Glacial Spike.

(All this being said I am NOT saying that sage is a better choice than demon. Demon has man great advantages as well and in fact i advise many of my blade-master faction members to go Demon as it is easier to achieve 5.0 and the advantageous skills of a demon BM are more obvious and easy to use. I am merely stating that there are plenty of reasons to go either way.)

3. You only need -.45 not -.5 interval. Once you are 3.3aps natural all you need to do is hell spark or use relentless courage genie skill to achieve 5aps.I think the generally preferred genie skill for sage's is Wind Shield because its alot more spammable, which you'll need to stay 5.0. A few problems with using Wind Shield for achieving 5.0 is it occupies your genie (a demon could use his genie for other things, like frenzy, debuffs...), it costs money, its dex based, it overrides sage's 25% dmg reduction, and its % attack increase is based off total dex and so you'll need to plan ahead. It is with -.5 that you can achieve 5.0 with just cyclone heel.

Comments in red b:victory
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011

1. Drakes Breath Bash can be glitched to give you a fire damage buff without costing you any sparks. You simply start channeling the skill and then switch weapons before it is done channeling. This makes it very useful for increased damage resulting in better bloodpaint, quicker kills, and significant advantage against anything with low fire defense such as metal mobs and BM's sing physical marrow against you.

-Five aps can be achieved as a Sage BM, making the hell spark vs sage spark comparison nearly worthless. The only advantage becoming that Demon spark is faster than hitting cyclone heel before sparking. Both will be attacking 5 times per second while the Sage BM enjoys a 20% damage reduction.

-Sage cyclone heel is better in all respects compared to demon because of the way that this game does it's -int calculations. Demon cyclone heel is supposed to be faster than sage, where as sage has a greater duration. If you are 3.3 and use demon cyclone heel, you now attack at 4.0. If you are 3.3 and use level 10 cyclone heel, you also now attack at 4.0.

-Sage shadowless kick, the skill you mentioned people shouldn't level has a reduced cool-down and can be spammed more often to prevent boss's from using their channeled skills.

-Sage magic marrow is generally speaking better in TW, as a BM you will be primarily targeted with magic attacks, even by archers. Most the AoEs that hit you will also be magic based. Sage BMs marrow will provide them with better magic defense.

-In a 1 vs 1 fight against a close to pure physical class such as BM, Assassin, or Barb... Sage physical marrow is preferable to the demon version.

-Sage mastery of weapons gives 15% more weapon damage as opposed to Demon's 1% extra crit gain. This means that if two 5.0 BMs with equal gear, one sage and one demon were compared attacking a boss or even each other with auto-attack DPS, the Sage BM would not only have greater damage output but because of their spark ability they would receive less damage as well.

3. You only need -.45 not -.5 interval. Once you are 3.3aps natural all you need to do is hell spark or use relentless courage genie skill to achieve 5aps. It is with -.5 that you can achieve 5.0 with just cyclone heel.

name one thing that a sage bm can do that a demon cannot do better ouside of building chi afk in town

also i liked how you finished casting cyclone in your calvin vid, classy

@ saku: bloodpaint is based on mele attack damaga DBB/elemental apoc's boost it
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Kniraven - Lost City
    Kniraven - Lost City Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Comments in red b:victory

It's melee dmg not physical, it does increase bloodpaint.

Yes, it is indeed more difficult for a sage BM to achieve 5.0. It is more difficult by one gear. However I would argue that it is entirely worth it to take the harder route in this case.

Your comments regarding windshield are irrelevant and void as I do not use it nor do i mention it at all in my post.

Speaking of endgame build BMs, i hold my opinion still that demon cyclone heel is completely worthless. Also, I don't just spark on everything... I can think of an unfathomable amount of occasions where it would be preferable to use cyclone heel for DPS and conserve chi rather than to blow it all sparking; especially in PvP.

In regards to magic marrow I have no solid proof on hand to offer you, however from personal experience I am more often than not hit in TW by magic attacks that I more often than not wasn't even the target of. I highly prefer magic defense to physical in TW as Assassins don't hunt me down as a BM and every class aside from archers has to get in my face to hit me with physical damage (Unless you've been plume shot in TW, i personally haven't been).

In regards to physical marrow if you do the math, the greater susceptibility to physical classes' magic dmg add on skills is outweighed greatly by the reduced base physical damage. Go test it for yourself.

As stated before I am not here to argue that sage is better than demon. That is not what this thread is about and I would be greatly disappointed to see it devolve into that sort of argument.

I think this is a great post and I agree with much of it. I think it is absolutely ridiculous however to say there is no good reason to go sage. There are plenty.

name one thing that a sage bm can do that a demon cannot do better ouside of building chi afk in town

also i liked how you finished casting cyclone in your calvin vid, classy

@ saku: bloodpaint is based on mele attack damaga DBB/elemental apoc's boost it

@Josh
    Tank in 3 spark,
    maintain 5.0 for a greater duration of time,
    Buff a squad,
    Conserve chi (reduced chi cost skills [ones that are actually used]),
    Survive between ticks (Sage Sutra)

I'm sure you could pick at a lot of those but if you want to debate with me please send me a PM or start a new thread I'd be happy to discuss with you.

In regard to the fight with Calvin, Lol I didn't think anyone actually watched that >___> i went into that fight knowing I'd get my *** beat, His gear is so much better than mine it's laughable. I think I did a much better job stun locking than him however and was less clumsy.

I do use full cyclone heel rather than canceling. Call it laziness or lack of skill. Either is fine because I haven't well practiced cancel-casting anything but DBB and Teleport on my seeker and sin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited April 2011
    Threads up

heres 200 mirages and a shcism mold do yourself a favor
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Phew finally edited the OP ^_^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Added Demon/Sage discussion thread link.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I dont consider BMs DDs.
    More support DDs for the real DDs. (sins)
    ie. Nirvana. Spark when you can buy hf is almost always in cool down unless your with non aps squad.
    Recently obtained Demon HF cause of this reason.
    I coulda spent 70m somewhere else.
    I dont think you know our class to well.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    I dont consider BMs DDs.
    ie. Nirvana. Spark when you can buy hf is almost always in cool down unless your with non aps squad.

Apparently your only purpose to post here was to flame. If that is the case, please leave. You should read before posting, which you obviously did not. My OP is based on the sticky of Josh. All the other information was retrieved from post from fellow BMs that are not as hostile as you are.

This FAQ obviously does not aim at high end super CS BMs, but rather the people that are new to BMs or new to PWI in general.

So would you mind to discharge your aggressions somewhere else? Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    I dont consider BMs DDs.

...<- spent 20 mill on demon HF

dude, your kinda special aint ya?
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    Faeble - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    May want to include some of the basic all weapon skills (sutra, roar of the pride, marrows, etc) only cause while you may hope people would get it, many are kind of ...oblivious.
    Also one that would be helpful is the 79 and 100 skills to include what is worth getting considering it's not cheap for most people and getting a useless skill is always a pain.

One thing is under gear you could explain that for TT99gold having 2 HA pieces gives you -.05 int and same for 2 LA pieces. Upon becoming a BM up until like level 40 I simply couldn't understand how the heck people got to 5aps because I would look at the gear and not see the int bonus (like how on decides and gorenox vanities how it shows the stat) I didn't know having two pieces would give you a 'hidden' bonus (at level 40 though, it wasn't like i was in a rush to make my end-game gear...I still haven't made it and I'm 96 xD)

And under what is my job: HEAVEN'S FLAME for god sake! It's crazy how many BM's I'm with that just triple spark everytime they get the sparks and then they never HF when others, like sins who ought to get the HF combo, do their triple. It's annoying to be the only one who supports the group. BM's won't be replaced by sins and seekers because of their HF and aoe stun (least not in FF which is where I run into most of this) So, HF is a bm's job too. (I like to do GS while HF is in cooldown, but, I don't care if they do, I just think BM's who don't HF need to go back a few levels and learn what it does and how good it is to use lol.

But it's a nice guide to start with. One thing you could also maybe include is good genie set ups?
    Like I think having cloud eruption is godly. Can HF to my own triple spark lol. Alpha male is awesome for when you have no barb and you need to grab aggro quick off someone else. Holy path - for obvious reasons. Earthflame (Zeal) again obvious reasons. Second wind I like for cube and FF's second boss (since my genie's affinities can't have ToP otherwise I would get ToP) If I could get another skill I'd get Absolute Domain, but simply cant.

Also, I do have a question for anyone who does PvP: If the genie skill 'Balance' preforms well if anyone has used it. Or a nice PvP genie set up? (Since I don't PvP, I don't know what is nice for it)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It was my fate from birth to make my mark upon this Earth.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    May want to include some of the basic all weapon skills (sutra, roar of the pride, marrows, etc) only cause while you may hope people would get it, many are kind of ...oblivious.
    Also one that would be helpful is the 79 and 100 skills to include what is worth getting considering it's not cheap for most people and getting a useless skill is always a pain.

One thing is under gear you could explain that for TT99gold having 2 HA pieces gives you -.05 int and same for 2 LA pieces. Upon becoming a BM up until like level 40 I simply couldn't understand how the heck people got to 5aps because I would look at the gear and not see the int bonus (like how on decides and gorenox vanities how it shows the stat) I didn't know having two pieces would give you a 'hidden' bonus (at level 40 though, it wasn't like i was in a rush to make my end-game gear...I still haven't made it and I'm 96 xD)

And under what is my job: HEAVEN'S FLAME for god sake! It's crazy how many BM's I'm with that just triple spark everytime they get the sparks and then they never HF when others, like sins who ought to get the HF combo, do their triple. It's annoying to be the only one who supports the group. BM's won't be replaced by sins and seekers because of their HF and aoe stun (least not in FF which is where I run into most of this) So, HF is a bm's job too. (I like to do GS while HF is in cooldown, but, I don't care if they do, I just think BM's who don't HF need to go back a few levels and learn what it does and how good it is to use lol.

But it's a nice guide to start with. One thing you could also maybe include is good genie set ups?
    Like I think having cloud eruption is godly. Can HF to my own triple spark lol. Alpha male is awesome for when you have no barb and you need to grab aggro quick off someone else. Holy path - for obvious reasons. Earthflame (Zeal) again obvious reasons. Second wind I like for cube and FF's second boss (since my genie's affinities can't have ToP otherwise I would get ToP) If I could get another skill I'd get Absolute Domain, but simply cant.

Also, I do have a question for anyone who does PvP: If the genie skill 'Balance' preforms well if anyone has used it. Or a nice PvP genie set up? (Since I don't PvP, I don't know what is nice for it)

Why? its not like theres links to real guides in both mine and kasts FAQ /sarcasm

also GS is virtualy worthless as a wase of sparks in pve unless your CCing it, you lose sparked DD for...20% more phys/mag def than a cleric debuff gives? the same debuff as devour? 1/2 what myriads/demon IW give? God i hope nobody reads this and takes it seriously.

on the note of knowing when to HF, if a bm dosent know how...dont squad em, seriously its like a cleric not healing just boot the useless peice of trash and get a sin or something. They obviously dotn read the forum in the first place so theres no point spelling out the absolute basics of the bm class to a 100+. Let em rot
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    Why? its not like theres links to real guides in both mine and kasts FAQ /sarcasm

also GS is virtualy worthless as a wase of sparks in pve unless your CCing it, you lose sparked DD for...20% more phys/mag def than a cleric debuff gives? the same debuff as devour? 1/2 what myriads/demon IW give? God i hope nobody reads this and takes it seriously.

on the note of knowing when to HF, if a bm dosent know how...dont squad em, seriously its like a cleric not healing just boot the useless peice of trash and get a sin or something. They obviously dotn read the forum in the first place so theres no point spelling out the absolute basics of the bm class to a 100+. Let em rot

Easier for others to view one guide vs having 5 up and having to piece together. That's why most people just start a new topic rather than actually researching because it's not 'all in one place' which is lame. But it happens.

Hm, GS isn't as good as HF in anyway. I won't say it is. Though, I don't find it completely useless. After doing a bit of searching and finding a few links on GS as well as speaking to a few in game I found:

...Demon GS hits like a truck. MSS is trash, its debuff is useless in PvP and its damage is about the same as GS when both lvl 11. 8504 damage add on for lvl 11 GS and 8820 for MSS. It's 100% weapon damage for GS vs 200% for MSS, but pole's got a lot higher base damage, unless you are using dual blades for skill spamming for some reason.

Demon GS procs before hit lands like BIDS so it means that demon GS will crit (50 + your base crit)% of the time. If it does proc, everything you hit gets crit as well as your next 2 aoes, which also hit them during debuff. If the debuff applies before the hit lands, which I'm unsure if it does, GS will hit hader than MSS even w/o crit procing.

So yes, case closed. GS is a better nuke than MSS and the debuff is also useful for HF immune bosses in Nirvana and CoA or stacking with HF during Rebirth runs. Yes, MSS is useless in every sense.

And yes, it's nice when a cleric does debuff and all, but most that I have found don't. They're concentrated on healing or dding.

Feel free to correct me if my findings are wrong. (Not that you wouldn't feel free to do so b:chuckle)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    ....Ya, go use GS on a COA boss, see how that works.

GS wastes how much cast time and how many sparks in vana? when you have a veno just for phys debuffs? and tangleing mire?

if the cleric dosent debuff...dont use it... why the *** would you run with people who cant preform the basics of the class?
  • Faeble - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    if the cleric dosent debuff...dont use it... why the *** would you run with people who cant preform the basics of the class?

Lol. Too many people don't take the time to learn? And my preferred group isn't always available to run. So you get stuck with some people who just don't know. Lol, like once in FF we got stuck with an archer who straight up refused to take hands because 'he couldn't tab correctly'.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

Lol. Too many people don't take the time to learn? And my preferred group isn't always available to run. So you get stuck with some people who just don't know. Lol, like once in FF we got stuck with an archer who straight up refused to take hands because 'he couldn't tab correctly'.

kick>tele "LF archer for FCC exp room tele in"

kick "LF cleric for 5 aps vana"

5-6 pm's in seconds, with the rare exeption of vit barbs for full delta replacements are easy to find
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

Thanks for your feedback.

And I have to agree with Josh, I don't think that there is a lot of space left to add more stuff. FAQ is rather here to give people basic information. If stuff is not mentioned here, they might as well post a reply and ask.
    Most of the topics you mentioned to add are advanced information to the game, which knowledge can be acquired trough playing it.
    But I will check what I will add, and what not.
    Also, someone has to write a detailed BM genie guide, I haven't seen one yet. So I could just link it.
    And balance is **** compared to True Emptiness, from what I have heard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

And balance is **** compared to True Emptiness, from what I have heard.

It really is for the energy cost you may as well just AD

Also for the jackholes who love to ask for a "How to play my bm at endgame, no really i cant learn so nipple feed me now!" just send em to the sticky. :3
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    It really is for the energy cost you may as well just AD

Also for the jackholes who love to ask for a "How to play my bm at endgame, no really i cant learn so nipple feed me now!" just send em to the sticky. :3

True. The FAQ is not meant to be an endgame guide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    True. The FAQ is not meant to be an endgame guide.

Indeed, also its really too bad your bm dosent have the T&A of your siggy. We could totaly "merchant" it out
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Indeed, also its really too bad your bm dosent have the T&A of your siggy. We could totaly "merchant" it out

You made me laugh. And I am in my office. Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    You made me laugh. And I am in my office. Lol.

its a talent...i mean bad kaste bad how dare you disrupt your workplace! Somone might die of a papercut, srsbsnss >.>
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    its a talent...i mean bad kaste bad how dare you disrupt your workplace! Somone might die of a papercut, srsbsnss >.>

**** you Josh! I totally laughed again! Lucky me, I was alone this time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Added APS Demon/Sage comparison
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    Added APS Demon/Sage comparison

sage wil never out DPS demon at 5 aps with equal gear and skill. I can get out a damn calculator and prove this if i must b:surrender

Also sages spark overwrited BB and will actually lower survival in many cases demon bell is stronger after a purge for the entire party in the case of random aggro.

in short:

Demon 5 aps:

Cheaper
    More damage
    better survival in squad

Sage:

Can buff the demon bm and HF for it at a lower chi cost to geni
    More survival solo tanking

edit: heres the math on DPS assumeing 300 str 1000 average weapon damage counting shards and rings self buffed 20% base crit and all cancle casts

Demon: (1000)((300/150)+.75+1.35+5)(5x(1+.21+.15))(15-.3-.6/18) = 48266.4

sage: (1000)((300/150)+.9+.8+5)(5x1.2)(15-.2-.6/18)= 41238

sage does roughly 17% less damage Any STR added attack levels crit or weapon damage will only increase the % gap (it caps out around 20%) and the differance is even more drastic unsparked.
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    sage wil never out DPS demon at 5 aps with equal gear and skill. I can get out a damn calculator and prove this if i must b:surrender

Also sages spark overwrited BB and will actually lower survival in many cases demon bell is stronger after a purge for the entire party in the case of random aggro.

in short:

Demon 5 aps:

Cheaper
    More damage
    better survival while tanking/solo due to higher BP heals

Sage:

Can buff the demon bm and HF for it at a lower chi cost to geni

You are agressive again, Josh, xD. Umm seen in theory, Sage should deal more damage. If you use the builds I posted as examples, Sage has a higher base APS, resulting in more damage unsparked. By saying that sage has better tanking abilities, I meant the 25% damage recution, which is actually pretty good. 5 APS always has insane heal, recieving 25% damage but having same heal potentially heals more then having an overall 25% heal increase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    You are agressive again, Josh, xD. Umm seen in numbers, Sage should deal more damage. If you use the builds I posted as examples, Sage has a higher base APS, resulting in more damage unsparked. By saying that sage has better tanking abilities, I meant the 25% damage recution, which is actually pretty good. 5 APS always has insane heal, recieving 25% damage but having same heal potentially heals more then having an overall 25% heal increase.

*smacks* grade school science dude. when you compare a set factor (sage/demon here) all other factors should be precicely the same, and no unsparked sage and demon arent even comperable if only due to GS crit proc

When i used to play sage bm's even those with higly refines claws would take quite a while to kill me in stunlock, i could leisurely fortify out of the damn thing, a demon critprocking with wind sheild and DBB = dead before charm tick

Your maths fine your logic however is questionable.

Me agressive? never
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    *smacks* grade school science dude. when you compare a set factor (sage/demon here) all other factors should be precicely the same, and no unsparked sage and demon arent even comperable if only due to GS crit proc

When i used to play sage bm's even those with higly refines claws would take quite a while to kill me in stunlock, i could leisurely fortify out of the damn thing, a demon critprocking with wind sheild and DBB = dead before charm tick

Your maths fine your logic however is questionable.

Me agressive? never

I was rather focusing on PvE though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI