• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    channeling does not affect the interval in between vortex damage. it will affect the initial casting and the channeling of other skills. gemini has a very noticable difference with just 6% channeling in it's casting time.
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide
    Asura_Shiva - Raging Tide Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Fufu, thanks for the laugh Haden.
    Other IGN:
    Ratsael - RT - 61
    RaveR_mnant - RT - 47
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    The calc was fixed and now calculates APS with demon spark correctly (thanks to meb:chuckle). 2.0 and 2.22 both sparks to 2.86.

2.0=0.5 interval
    0.5*0.75=0.375
    0.375 is right between 0.35 and 0.4 so rounds down to 0.35
    0.35= 2.86 APS

Hmm didn't think of that, guess i was wrong after all.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • keiraan
    keiraan Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
  • Niteshadows - Harshlands
    Niteshadows - Harshlands Posts: 583 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    no, just no. lmao.
    Do you hate me? Good, that makes for an adequate conversation starter.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Serafe - Heavens Tear
    Serafe - Heavens Tear Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    They really do need 5 aps due to I find Seekers are more like weak sins. ^ ^

Oh I couldn't disagree more! For one, similarly geared seekers hit hard than sins. While APS (BM or sin) will probably always keep agro, consider the debuffs and amps that a seeker can bring to the fight! People love taking me to Nirvana b/c a 30% physical amp in an APS party is just amazing! Not to mention I throw down some great dmg, will be better with demon spark, lol.
  • Kinir - Lost City
    Kinir - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Is that the actual R9 weapon or do we get a claymore?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

This build is so pro, even the unrefinable belt is even +12. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    he forgot to +12 the jones blessing though.

i think the most curious thing is that they went through the trouble of making a seeker only warsoul weapon, even though rank9 made warsoul outdated and over priced. the warsoul packs are coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • telsair
    telsair Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Oh I couldn't disagree more! For one, similarly geared seekers hit hard than sins. While APS (BM or sin) will probably always keep agro, consider the debuffs and amps that a seeker can bring to the fight! People love taking me to Nirvana b/c a 30% physical amp in an APS party is just amazing! Not to mention I throw down some great dmg, will be better with demon spark, lol.

Barbs have an even higher 50% amp debuff plus increase physical damage 40%-50% for entire party but still get kicked out of parties by the APS elitists.
  • BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Heart Shatter doesn't works for normal attack so how does it helps an APS squad? b:laugh
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    Cadeal - Dreamweaver Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Heart Shatter doesn't works for normal attack so how does it helps an APS squad? b:laugh

Works for me *shrugs*
  • BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear
    BrianFields_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options

I do know my class, and I've seen the damage increase with heartshatter while auto attacking.

Normally I deal 1358-1583 dmg per attack against a normal mob without heartshatter

with heart shatter I deal 1564-1927. After 2 hours of testing this fact, I crunched the numbers and found this to be evident.

And before you nit-pick No I didnt check crits, I only attacked normal mobs of the same type.
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow...at 65 you are auto hitting for 19k none crit?
  • Cadeal - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2011
    Options
    brent40 wrote: »
    Wow...at 65 you are auto hitting for 19k none crit?

Apologies, typo. I've been up for 48 hours and fingers aren't responding but I fixed it
  • ACLucius - Archosaur
    ACLucius - Archosaur Posts: 610 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I do know my class, and I've seen the damage increase with heartshatter while auto attacking.

Normally I deal 1358-15893 dmg per attack against a normal mob without heartshatter

with heart shatter I deal 15764-19237. After 2 hours of testing this fact, I crunched the numbers and found this to be evident.

And before you nit-pick No I didnt check crits, I only attacked normal mobs of the same type.

Then either you got some very lucky numbers while using it, or you are lying. I've tested it myself, it only amplifies skills, not auto attack. How did I test it? I had my Blademaster use level 43 fists on a mob of the same level (which gives a much more smaller and more reliable damage range), saw what it did without Heart Shatterer, then had my Seeker put Heart Shatterer on a mob and had my Blademaster attack it. Both with and without Heart Shatterer, my Blademaster did 740-770 damage. If it worked with auto attack, it would have been about 870-900 with Heart Shatterer. There was no damage increase. So, again, either you got some lucky numbers, or you are lying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Didn't get the rest of it, but apparently I am the "destroyer of sin haters" as well.
  • Ocean_Eyes - Harshlands
    Ocean_Eyes - Harshlands Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Low normal damage with good damaging skills that have as much cooldown as say Notious Gas. I do more damage with duel swords then I do with a swords. Adrenal Numbness is okay tho it is only better if you have other players buffs. Only idea I like about them, other then like 2 moves I personally like, is the extra range moves and Tele-stun. I suggested to get 5 aps due to I hate there low damage output outside of there skill list.

When I was in pq as my Archer I was watching how they were attacking. Most of them was using normal attacks without even using corresponding skills. If your saying they are elite due to decent defense and are able to buy a simple HP Charm then your sadly mistaken. =.=;

ok first off dear, your talking out your a$$ cause my seeker at level 78 and im able to kill 9x sins with ease, all my skills are under level 6 besides nerves. you don't need aps you need ot know how to play the game, if you blow thats on you, and thats your problem don't QQ cause they can't be 5aps cause anyone who depends on 5aps in pk has no skill to begin with. and ill be an a$$ and bring up the fact that Mystic level 80 can 2-3 hit 10x sins when they are charmed. I've done it many times, why? cause i can play the game, i know what im doing and you obviously don't, so instead of trolling and QQing about the game..learn to play it..
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not to rehash anything, but wasn't it determined early on that the Max achievable APS for a seeker is like 2.33 and even at that, your DPS suffers when trying to get the APS and in the long run you do higher DPS without APS?

Truly, any discussion after that is moot. Seekers aren't designed to just sit and auto-attack like a sin or a 5.0 BM. We're more of a battlemage and our DPS relies on our skills. APS fully kills that and becomes rather pointless.

Play your seeker like a seeker and less like a BM and you'll be happy.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I was looking on PW Calc and there is a possiblity for a 5 APS for the Seekers:

http://pwcalc.com/ea225601aa241a1a

There's a slight chance to get interval between attacks with this sword...

i dont think the .3 int for that sword actually exists in pwi. the highest i thinkk u can get off a peice of gear is .1 and i dont think in pwi the swords can get ANY int although i might be wronge. not certain. but im almost positive it only reaches like 3.33 or something
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i dont think the .3 int for that sword actually exists in pwi. the highest i thinkk u can get off a peice of gear is .1 and i dont think in pwi the swords can get ANY int although i might be wronge. not certain. but im almost positive it only reaches like 3.33 or something

Nirv blades/swords can't get -int. Only weapons that seekers can use that do have -int only have -0.05, which are the sword from the level 50 supply stash, the sage ("r6") sword, and the level 98 legendary dual blades (which would still be slower than a single blade/sword without -int).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide
    So_Sick_Er - Raging Tide Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My seeker can solo any and all bosses in TT 3-3 with just 1 cleric or a sage BP already...
    i can tank even emperor if there's no ppl taking aggro from me....thts the reason they will never ever let seekers b an APS class...or allow fist/claws to b used by us..if they did, seekers would wreck everything in their way lmao.
  • ProtocoI - Harshlands
    ProtocoI - Harshlands Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My seeker can solo any and all bosses in TT 3-3 with just 1 cleric or a sage BP already...
    i can tank even emperor if there's no ppl taking aggro from me....thts the reason they will never ever let seekers b an APS class...or allow fist/claws to b used by us..if they did, seekers would wreck everything in their way lmao.

Via auto attacking, skill spamming, a mix between the two or vortex?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    On RT, I already maxed APS for seeker with one of my armor sets. It's 2.86, but in nirvana I out aggro 5.0. So for those who consider APS a fail route for seeker they are sadly mistaken due to seeker boss debuffs and farming abilities. It's a great farm route, just get a high dex genie and could erupt for perma spark and you are good to go, don't forget Enrage for the bonus atk levels :D

-Edit- and no DPS doesn't suffer. my Sage weapon + High crit do the job. If you worry about sins, have AD and Dew of Star Protection, after their little combo is gone a non-spark auto attack can two shot them hitting 2.5k auto attack and 4-6k crits.(Depending on your refines)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Via auto attacking, skill spamming, a mix between the two or vortex?

soulsever minuet >(proc) gemini > northern sky waltz > (proc)staggering strike

then just repeat staggering strike whenever sky waltz procs.. when attack level debuff runs out repeat from the start.. i did solo (well hold but could solo) all my chrono 3-2, 3-3 bosses while waiting for cleric from town.. minister was kinda annoying with the sleep and mag aoe attacks, but tankable/soloable even with no elemental resist ornaments or sapphire shardings..
  • FuriousRico - Harshlands
    FuriousRico - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Lol another fantasy build that someone made when bored. SEEKERS=CHANNELING
    CHANNELING =/= APS
    APS SEEKER=FAIL
    Lets make a wizard go 5 aps too im sure with pwi calc you can get some kind of magic weapon with a -5.0 int that should be enought.
    hey btw i made a fantasy build with a barb and got him over 55k hp so yeah anything can happen in pwicalc and not in game.
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    On RT, I already maxed APS for seeker with one of my armor sets. It's 2.86, but in nirvana I out aggro 5.0. So for those who consider APS a fail route for seeker they are sadly mistaken due to seeker boss debuffs and farming abilities. It's a great farm route, just get a high dex genie and could erupt for perma spark and you are good to go, don't forget Enrage for the bonus atk levels :D

-Edit- and no DPS doesn't suffer. my Sage weapon + High crit do the job. If you worry about sins, have AD and Dew of Star Protection, after their little combo is gone a non-spark auto attack can two shot them hitting 2.5k auto attack and 4-6k crits.(Depending on your refines)

dont call me out or anything but ill defend this plan just because VERY few ppl have actually tried it out so far. u cant legitametly say its fail nless u try it
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

/+1

Besides I don't feel a must that seekers should have 5aps.. We ve got too powerfull skills, why waste them for aps? Roll sin/bm/archer if you wanna hit 5aps and go auto attack.. (or 5aps barb b:spit)
    We re OP enough without speed b:pleased

Cya in game~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Aps is just helpful, keep that in mind. I also have hella nice Spike damage so I am quite alright when it comes to using skills too. You don't suffer much with Aps, Tbh not at all. Think of it this way, Blade affinity + aps = Best of both worlds.

(I also have a pure spike damage Nirvana blade so I'm not just aps)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
This discussion has been closed.