dueling

Options
Ignathas - Sanctuary
Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
need advice: how to protect self during duels against seals, if genie AD and apothecary is considered ' cheating' ? >,.,< seal = casted faster then wings of grace, faster then any archer skill.. so seal + kill all the time or O,.,o
also if im sealed if i use absolute domain or sutra i break out of seal or no?
sry being busy and having no friends actually have no time to check but wonder how exactly seal works and seal killed me multiple times in duels >.>
also if sealed = cant cast wings of grace, but if used wings of grace = seal has no effect or?
Post edited by Ignathas - Sanctuary on

Comments

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I`m not quite sure if Wings of Grace works againts seal. But as you know Wings of Grace resist all the damage taken during the casting time so I think that if you cast it around 1 or 1.5 seconds before the start of the duel you have big chances or resisting the seal.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can't protect yourself against seal.
    The only way to do it is by being fully invincible at the moment of the seal hitting you.

A seal does not count as anit movement debuf, and thus anti stun skils (actually, anti movement debuf skills) don't protect against it.

The only way to block a seal is with a genie skill (can't remember the name), which almost noone has (cause it ONLY blocks seal).
    There is also a genie skill that has a chance to remove seal, like the genie skill with a chance to remove stun. That's called Lawbreaker, and again not many people have it
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    You can't protect yourself against seal.

I thought Will Surge and/or Faith would protect you from seal?

Faith looks like an awesome skill, but it's short duration and its affinities are so limiting (Faith lasts 5 seconds, while Absolute Domain gives you 4 seconds of damage immunity and another 2 seconds of movement debuff immunity, and absolute domain's affinities can be easier to live with, and typically needs lower energy than Faith -- I think Faith's advantage over absolute domain is its cooldown. But if you already have a wood+fire strength genie Faith might be cheaper for you (like maybe if you are a blademaster with Balance and Reflective Aura on your genie).
    The only way to do it is by being fully invincible at the moment of the seal hitting you.

Or, if you are already sealed (like with expel) that might also work?
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and if you are sealed and you cast sutra or absolute domain you break out of seal state? i think that you brake out of stun state that way but idk about seal, and not sure.. yea seal is most annoying thing to counter >,.,<
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    and if you are sealed and you cast sutra or absolute domain you break out of seal state? i think that you brake out of stun state that way but idk about seal, and not sure.. yea seal is most annoying thing to counter >,.,<

No
    The ONLY way to break seal is by being purifyd (you can use apo to do that) or with the genie skill Lawbreaker
    EDIT: You can't cast a skill while seald in the first place, and I'm pritty sure AD doesn't break stun. Badge does though

And yes Fleuri, I realize the genie skills.
    I refered to them in the last part of my post, with the note that almost noone uses them (which is why I don't really concider them important)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Archers are probably the worst class in duels. If a wizard has full chi, decent gear, and genie skills were not allowed, there is almost no way that you can win.

IMO there are 2 options. Either you can Alacrity away and try to hit the wiz from out of range, or you can start the duel in the air and use drop kiting to your advantage. Trying to block with Wings of Grace's invulnerability duration is kind of pointless because Seal casts faster. Blocking with spark might work, but then the Wiz shrinks in and you get slept.

Sometime throughout the duration of the duel, get Winged Shell up; if you get caught in sleep with Winged Shell on, you're relatively safe.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Will surge makes you immune to silence, whereas lawbreaker removes silence. AD or IG protects from being attacked, purged, sealed, everything. But doesn't break stun. Badge will break stun.

Lawbreaker is usually the better choice because it's a STR based skill and doesn't use that much affinity.

And ... I don't know about you, but there's kind of like an un-said rule about using genies in duels, but yeah. Open map PvP is better to test skills on since they simulate more realistic PvP situations.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    3spark? since popping spark gives you 3 seconds of "invincibility," would that not also resist being sealed?

It would require good timing on your part though.

ETA: if you ever PVP, I would rather a genie skill to REMOVE silence (ie. Lawbreaker) than to PREVENT it. XD can't always have the defense up.
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    This is why I'm always late to TW... I get in, and immediately buy Antidote pots. b:chuckle

I use them sparingly, as they're like a grand a pop, but... They're worth it! I still can't figure out how to make them outside of buying them from the officer inside of the TW instance.

They reduce poison, or remove it (for the expensiver ones), as opposed to preventing it.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ty all for knowledge :) now i hate seals even more