Tanking xD

Options
HaveanLight - Heavens Tear
HaveanLight - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
What the feeling does a tank get during the moment they tanked a boss or mobs ??b:chuckle
This question is mainly address to barb and Bm (maybe seeker)

I have been playing pwi for 1 year , and never make a toon to tank, all my char are DDsb:avoid

Share Your feeling here lol , i wanna to know b:laugh
Dot...Dot...dots....dots... b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
X
We
Are
Reality
X
**** QUIT PWI BECAUSE NEW HORIZON EXPANSION SUCKS ****
Post edited by HaveanLight - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I'm not sure if I understand the question. There's not a special feeling to it, just like when you kill a mob solo.

On the other hand, if you tank something everyone tells you you can't tank, because you are too low lvl, (FB69 at late 6x, or TT2-2 at mid 7x) you get that kind of "in your face!"-feeling, if you understand what I'm at.

Other than those moment, though, it's just like playing the rest of the game.
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
    Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    "Danm it just coins."
    Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Well when i end up tanking a physical boss that's higher in level then me that i watched another actual tank build player die on then me going at it and living. I get the mood of 'F*ck YEAH!' Hahaha. But that doesn't happen often since i'm a pure magic build. But i do end up tanking a lot of magic bosses, that gets dull. b:surrender
  • TigerGate - Archosaur
    TigerGate - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi....9 Mississippi CANCEL AOE!! (spell)
    one Mississippi, two Mississippi....
  • Lurani - Raging Tide
    Lurani - Raging Tide Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    one Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi....9 Mississippi CANCEL AOE!! (spell)
    one Mississippi, two Mississippi....

Lollololol.
  • Dakuken - Dreamweaver
    Dakuken - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Eh.. I mostly just go on spark macro and browse the forums, but those times where the Cleric dies and I end up having to solo a hard boss for a while I feel a bit proud for not dying :P It also makes me wish I had a charm but meh, not worth it :D
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Normal bosses: Yay. It's dead.
    Difficult bosses: That was fun :D
    Soloing Holleen for 5 minutes while the cleric rezed, re-rezed, healed and buffed the rest of the squad, then ran back after dying to aoe: (*&&%*& you! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *dances*
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Excitement.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Huh... Tanking isn't too much of a rush. However...

I got a huge rush after my leve 59 cleric successfully healed an FB69 20X3 twice in a row, then healed for FB69 itself.

I was such a faction toy that when that faction fell apart, I just... Laid the Cleric aside completely. I haven't really played it much since then, honestly, and consider it semi-retired, at level 71 or whatever. Storage now.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Soloing a boss that, in normal circumstances I wouldn't really consider doing so, because of a squad wipe and not only living to tell about it, but out right killing the thing...it's pretty empowering. Especially me not being a fist/claw build.

Then there are times where you feel pretty "bleh". Mostly due to dying multiple times at a boss (or group of mobs ala FC), especially if you've tanked it a thousand times before with no problem.

Happened to me last night, actually. Decided to randomly help a bunch 70-80 group with FC since they couldn't find a tank. They were offering to pay, but I had no real intention of taking the money (350k isn't a whole lot). I died 3 times at the magic mob hall, simply because I had all the aggro and eventually all my survival methods would be on CD at the same time (ToP/Invoke/Food).

Those moments can make you feel fail. -.- All but two of the members left squad. But I finished the run for those who stayed, with no more deaths. Got them to heads so they could all that sweet, sweet exp...and I walked away with a 113k repair bill. xD

But I've had some pretty awesome moments too. Surviving a bad pull at wurlord (round 4) and tanking all the adds (before I learned the reset trick). Or tanking DC in 3-3 with pure wiz heals for what felt like an hour, while the cleric ran back from town porting.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver
    Ninja_Dagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    ITS A RUSH MAN!
    *injects windex into my arm*b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    when life gives you lemons
    put them in a sack and beat your wife
    with them b:victory
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options

This is specially if you don't trust your healer or if you're on a WB :p
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Uh... no. It's that boring.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Uh... no. It's that boring.

Oh my bad, I didn't understand your post this way :o
    To me the character on the picture was kinda afraid o.o But still, now that I know you meant bored, I cannot picture that character being bored :o

But yeah, when you're endlessly spamming aggro skills and dealing lame damage to a boss just to watch the others pew pew it to death, I can understand your boredom <.< That is for traditional barbs tho, I'm not talking of high aps tanks.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Oh my bad, I didn't understand your post this way :o
    To me the character on the picture was kinda afraid o.o But still, now that I know you meant bored, I cannot picture that character being bored :o

But yeah, when you're endlessly spamming aggro skills and dealing lame damage to a boss just to watch the others pew pew it to death, I can understand your boredom <.< That is for traditional barbs tho, I'm not talking of high aps tanks.

But when those "pew pews" kill the cleric, then themselves, it gets very exciting to tank.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited March 2011
    Options
    But when those "pew pews" kill the cleric, then themselves, it gets very exciting to tank.

Which only happens when you get pew pews who fail at their jobs.