Fb19+

Options
_walela_ - Heavens Tear
_walela_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
edited March 2011 in General Discussion
I'm sorry if these sound like noobish questions, and they probably are, but here goes;

I have 2 characters, my cleric is level 26 and my veno is level 19. Neither has done FB19 (veno just made lv 19 earlier this evening). It doesn't seem to be an easy quest to get done as there aren't many people, if any, doing it at the times that I am online. I have asked for help, but get no response. I have to use normal chat, not WC, no tele's and I can't spend anything on the game right now. Not enough coins at my levels to risk buying them from cat shops and possibly still get no help. That'd be like paying out 16k per tele for nothing. I have even camped the entrances of the instances needed for the Elf and Untamed FB19's hoping to get a pick-up squad with no luck.

Anyhow, my question's are as follows;

1- How long do I have to get FB19 (or any of them) done?

2- Can I still level? Even though I may pass the point when I am supposed to get my next FB? What happens if I do?

3- Pro's and con's of doing and not doing FB's? Rewards?

Please, constructive comments only.

Thanks in advance!
Walela = Cherokee = Hummingbird b:cute
Post edited by _walela_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your FBs are triggered by completing ur Cultivation Quests, those are important. Check ur log again for this quest.

Question 1.
    As long as u get ur tab be lvl29, ur ok. You can still complete ur FB19.

Question 2.
    Yes u can still lvl. But if u pass the point for your next possible FB, u will the lose the tabs u get. But you will get quest to kill the bosses, only w/o the tabs. Some/most of the Cultivation Quest are keyed into the FBs, like the FB59, thats ur culti and FB combined. Pass the point in this and u will lose the tabs but u still need to kill the bosses.

Question3.
    -Doing the FB
    Pro: Good XP/Rep for the team thats helping you.
    Cons: At higher lvl FBs, Wines are required for an easy/doable FB. usually FB59 and higher are wined.

-NOT doing the FB
    Pros: You can keep ur tabs for later! XD
    Cons: You struggle to lvl and find squads to fulfill ur boss kills. This often leads to misleading the squad into false intentions of the true mission at hand. (i really hate liars). Though it may be slow, thats ur own doing. If ur gonna save tabs and not kill the later bosses, then lvl up to the appropriate BH lvls to get ur bosses killed then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    IIRC, the FB19 dungeons finally "time out" about the time you hit... level 40, or so? but that's if you want to do them; they're purely optional. you get a good weapon as a reward, but there's no game content hinging on your having done them; they don't unlock any further quests, skills, or maps. you can certainly keep on leveling whether or not you do them.

that said, getting a squad for them really shouldn't be that hard, i wouldn't think. where in the game are you asking for squads? your race's home city is the usual place to go looking --- lost, for a veno, plume for a cleric.

all else failing, try PMing me in case we're online at the same time --- i'm usually playing either this veno or my seeker (JudyCaraco) lately, and i tend to play late evenings US/Eastern time. i'd be more than happy to run you through these dungeons, wouldn't take us long if we can catch each other in-game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Canisha - Heavens Tear
    Canisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think there is a limit to how high you can go without picking the quest up before it drops off the list. Not doing the fb quests in no way harms your character, it's just a challenge of sorts that rewards you for doing it. Not doing your spiritual cultivations on the other hand, that holds your skill progress back.
  • _walela_ - Heavens Tear
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Your FBs are triggered by completing ur Cultivation Quests, those are important. Check ur log again for this quest.

I've done my cultivation and have my tabs, just no squad. But thanks for the reply. :)
    IIRC, the FB19 dungeons finally "time out" about the time you hit... level 40, or so? but that's if you want to do them; they're purely optional. you get a good weapon as a reward, but there's no game content hinging on your having done them; they don't unlock any further quests, skills, or maps. you can certainly keep on leveling whether or not you do them.

that said, getting a squad for them really shouldn't be that hard, i wouldn't think. where in the game are you asking for squads? your race's home city is the usual place to go looking --- lost, for a veno, plume for a cleric.

all else failing, try PMing me in case we're online at the same time --- i'm usually playing either this veno or my seeker (JudyCaraco) lately, and i tend to play late evenings US/Eastern time. i'd be more than happy to run you through these dungeons, wouldn't take us long if we can catch each other in-game.

I'll check for you online, but if I can't catch you and/or can't get a squad, then I guess I'm ok, even with my cultivation. I want to do the FB quests, but as long as they are optional, then I can continue leveling. I just don't want to be "stuck". lol
    edited March 2011
    Options
    I think there is a limit to how high you can go without picking the quest up before it drops off the list. Not doing the fb quests in no way harms your character, it's just a challenge of sorts that rewards you for doing it. Not doing your spiritual cultivations on the other hand, that holds your skill progress back.

Thanks^^ Yea, I knew about the cultivation. I've already picked up the tabs for fb19, how long are they good for? (forgot to ask that before) :x
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you've already got the tabs, they're good until you use them or otherwise get rid of them. it's just that, if you hadn't already picked them up, there's an upper level limit on when you can go do that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited March 2011
    Options
    if you've already got the tabs, they're good until you use them or otherwise get rid of them. it's just that, if you hadn't already picked them up, there's an upper level limit on when you can go do that.

Ok, cool. Thanks!
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Thanks^^ Yea, I knew about the cultivation. I've already picked up the tabs for fb19, how long are they good for? (forgot to ask that before) :x

I had done an FB29 with another person, and thus, kept a tab. I discovered that said tab was stashable, so when I decided to delete that character, I stashed the Tab, deleted the character... And tabbed a BH29 I was running for some level 40's that were asking for help, at level 78 or so on my Veno.

Tabs never expire. ;)
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver
    OdessaWolf - Dreamweaver Posts: 244 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    Yes the tabs are stashable, ive gathered alot to my main lol. Only draw back is u get only HALF the xp it would normally get if u werent the tabber. Especially when ur a really high lvl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]