Need Help with gear.

Options
Shawnward - Lost City
Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Wizard
Hi there im a 93 wizard on lost city im pure magic build and not really caringing about channeling. but all in all whats the best gear i should get and i mean every gear hat,,chest tomb neck belt everything, price dont matter please any help with be appreciated thank you, also i would maybe like some training in pvp and help with whatpots and stuff like pvp pots i should always hv/use .
Post edited by Shawnward - Lost City on

Comments

• Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/2f24ec040ad12c7f

Obviously, I could of done it full +12. But, to keep things reasonably affordable (and I think this is a very expensive 9x Wizard Build) I kept Armor refines to under +6.

You get nice Survivability, and despite the "not caring about channeling", you get a decent amount of -Channeling. At level 96, certain things (Albeit, not generally as good, could be replaced or added,)

@ "Cape of Elite Leather" runs 35mil cheaper than a "Wings of Cloudcharger" for a decent cape.
    @ "Guard of Thundershock" is a much cheaper alternative to the Warsong Belt
    @ At level 95, the Lunar Magic Sword, Buddha's Leaf, gives amazing Survivability adds if you want more PDef and HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Shawnward - Lost City
    Shawnward - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    i dont think u can get the beamhoof slicer anymore and if so its extremely hard to get
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Options
    u can get beamhoof, its just not practical at all. What you should really be doing is spending your money on hypers to get to 10x, and getting a good set of end game gear. Investing in 9x gear is just silly imo.

edit: If you do get to end game, best possible gear would be full r9, but assuming you don't have several thousand to spend, getting r8 is relatively cheap.. you can use the r8 ring, wep, top, and pants.. and the top/pants are pretty easy to get 4 socket which is pretty nice. I'd personally go with the voidlands tome if I could, probably cube neck and warsong belt, the 2nd ring should probably be a cv ring.. cape would be either cloudcharger, lunar, or nirvana, helm probably nirvana, wrists and boots ideally nirvana again, but 99 would probably work for a while.

One of the biggest mistakes I see people do is just get their gear and then slack on the refines/shards. Refining/sharding actually gives you far more bang for your buck than gear by itself, so keep that in mind. End game means like full +10 set, assuming everything is at least 3 socket, you're talking at least 18 sockets to fill with citrines/vit stones/jades of steady etc. Just make sure to keep the refining/sharding in mind with your budget.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.