Archer vs Seeker/Mystic

RangedAsasin - Harshlands
RangedAsasin - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
edited March 2011 in Archer
Hi

I have a question about Archer vs Seekers and Mystics .. I noticed wen im fighting the seeker its harder then fighting a BM or Barb .. metal attacks do not do the same amount of damage as it does on a BM or Barb.. same with the mystic. What are they weak against?
Post edited by RangedAsasin - Harshlands on

Comments

• grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Haven't really fought one myself, but from a logical point of view :

Mystic - AA user - Stun > Normal attacks, kiting if needed.
    Seeker - HA user - Stun/Aim low > Thunder shock > Lightning strike.
  • RangedAsasin - Harshlands
    RangedAsasin - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Tried that... it does work .. i actually needed to use Barrage to kill 1 mystic cuz nothing i did worked it was like fighting a Barb with 24k hp ...non of my skills even scratched the mystic .. and the seeker was even tougher.. a skill that deals 2k damage on a barb or bm maybe did 900 damage on the seeker ... i think the Seeker and Mystic are a bit unbalanced in the game ..

Even my sin has problems with lvl 8x seekers and mystics and hes lvl 102 with R8 gear .. like i dont understand why they so tough .. i kill a barb and bm faster then i do a seeker or mystic
  • Skynyrd - Lost City
    Skynyrd - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Perhaps its the +30 def lvl? Anyway, from what I've seen on my seeker, they could be bad news for kiters.
    Whatever you do, do not fight a seeker like you would a BM! Most Seeker skills have range, and a way to close the distance if need be... Heartseekers 8sec immobility sucks on my archer :(
  • Zankanto - Sanctuary
    Zankanto - Sanctuary Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Seeker - HA user - Stun/Aim low > Thunder shock > Lightning strike.

That's just asking to have that debuff returned to you. b:chuckle
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just auto attack Psys.

I haven't gone up against a Mystic yet... However, if I see the little glowing green balls around anyone, I make sure that after they die, I look back at them every other second to make sure I can pop 'em again after they self rez. ;)

As for seeker... I just stun then auto attack.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    vs Seekers is hard. Their animations are so flashy it makes my head hurt b:chuckle

I'm having trouble killing a level 90 seeker due to their defense level. I think it's probably best to keep them stunned and frozen (stun&AL) so they cant get you. Demon quickshot to tick their charm then stun and spark with metal skills.